Help With Restoring Master CD

Last response: in Computer Brands
August 15, 2004 9:59:12 PM

I am at my wit's end trying to restore my master CD. I have an "older" Packard
Bell 486-DX2, Model LG20CD. A few years ago, while it was still under
warranty, a tech came and put in a new hard drive. Well, I get all the way to
the screen to begin restoring from the master CD, the message then says "a
valid format # was not found, please enter format number" So I enter the new
hard drive format # that the tech gave me, push enter and the number just
disappears. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? If you can help me,
please email me at Derbydoll@aol.com Thanks

More about : restoring master

Anonymous
August 15, 2004 10:50:09 PM

Besides needing more info such as restore cd#
unit serial number etc
Sounds like a Windows 311 system
with restore cd 170210
try the word generic for the format #