Help With Restoring Master CD

I am at my wit's end trying to restore my master CD. I have an "older" Packard
Bell 486-DX2, Model LG20CD. A few years ago, while it was still under
warranty, a tech came and put in a new hard drive. Well, I get all the way to
the screen to begin restoring from the master CD, the message then says "a
valid format # was not found, please enter format number" So I enter the new
hard drive format # that the tech gave me, push enter and the number just
disappears. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? If you can help me,
please email me at Derbydoll@aol.com Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about help restoring master
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    Besides needing more info such as restore cd#
    unit serial number etc
    Sounds like a Windows 311 system
    with restore cd 170210
    try the word generic for the format #
    "Derbydoll" <derbydoll@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I am at my wit's end trying to restore my master CD. I have an "older"
    Packard
    > Bell 486-DX2, Model LG20CD. A few years ago, while it was still under
    > warranty, a tech came and put in a new hard drive. Well, I get all the
    way to
    > the screen to begin restoring from the master CD, the message then says "a
    > valid format # was not found, please enter format number" So I enter the
    new
    > hard drive format # that the tech gave me, push enter and the number just
    > disappears. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? If you can help me,
    > please email me at Derbydoll@aol.com Thanks

Packard Bell Format CD-Rom Hard Drives Computers