Digital recording solution

i am looking into purchasing a digital solution for home sky digital
recording. basically i want to record onto a box (very similar to a
tivo) but not have the subscription stuff linked to it, so i just buy
the box and i can record sky programs on to it. hope peeps have some
ideas
3 answers Last reply
More about digital recording solution

    Isn't that called a Sky Plus Box? and If you spend more than I think its £30
    per month on subscription to the channels then your sky plus subscription is
    nothing. And the Sky + box is much better than the TiVo anyway.

    Shiva

    "Steve" <marsh@khl.com> wrote in message
    > i am looking into purchasing a digital solution for home sky digital
    > recording. basically i want to record onto a box (very similar to a
    > tivo) but not have the subscription stuff linked to it, so i just buy
    > the box and i can record sky programs on to it. hope peeps have some
    > ideas

    oops, are you from the UK? If not ignore my previous message.

    Shiva

    On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:00:18 +0100, "Remo-Shiva" <info@areyoufedup.com>
    wrote:

    >oops, are you from the UK? If not ignore my previous message.

    He did say home sky digital recording so your comment is correct. He
    has to be UK or Republic of Ireland for legal reasons. Certainly Sky
    is not available to anyone anywhere else and definitely not my mother
    living on the Costa in Spain.

    What sort of digital output can you get from a Sky box? The digibox
    has to handle the signal because even the nominally unencrypted
    channels via Sky have to pass through a cryptovision decoder. I don't
    think you can even get svhs from one.
    --

    Julian Richards
    computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    XP Home
    L7S7A2 motherboard
    Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB + 80 GB HDs
    CD+DVD/CDRW drives

Radeon ATI Graphics