Default share and NTFS permissions for Everyone group ?

Hi,
I have read few books about WinXP default permissions and there are two
different statements about Everyone group.

First one says: default permissions for Everyone group is Read.

Second one says: default permission for Everyone group is Full Control
but that is not the problem because Anonymous Logon is no longer member
of Everyone group.

When I create a share on my own WinXP, Everyone group gets Read
permission by default so I guess the first statement is true. But then,
what are those other guys talking about? Are they making a mistake or I
am missing something here?

Thanks for any help.
1 answer Last reply
More about default share ntfs permissions group

    Found it. On Windows XP out of the box, Everyone group gets Full Access
    permissions when you create new share. After installing SP1, Everyone
    group gets Read permission when you create a share.

Default Permissions Windows XP