Omega Drivers

Lets hear some comments about ATI over Omega Drivers or vice versa.
Thanks,
10 answers Last reply
More about omega drivers

    This has been discussed many many times in past. I suggest you search in
    google groups for this topic.

    From personal experience, ATI and Omega are both EXCELLENT drivers. Omega's
    enable better overclock support for some chips (SE versions) and support
    Mobility series. Which is why I use them on my m10pro laptop.
    Omega often have better tweaks for games, so they tend to increase
    performance or IQ (or both) as opposed to ATI ones..

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:51:00 GMT, "AseStar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t
    .. n o> wrote:

    >This has been discussed many many times in past. I suggest you search in
    >google groups for this topic.
    >
    >From personal experience, ATI and Omega are both EXCELLENT drivers. Omega's
    >enable better overclock support for some chips (SE versions) and support
    >Mobility series. Which is why I use them on my m10pro laptop.
    >Omega often have better tweaks for games, so they tend to increase
    >performance or IQ (or both) as opposed to ATI ones..
    >
    >"Striker" <Striker@noclass.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> Lets hear some comments about ATI over Omega Drivers or vice versa.
    >> Thanks,

    From what I see here, the Omegas seem to have less install/upgrade
    problems.
    --

    Julian Richards
    computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    XP Home
    L7S7A2 motherboard
    Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB + 80 GB HDs
    CD+DVD/CDRW drives

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 23:22:04 +0100, Julian Richards <see@sig.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:51:00 GMT, "AseStar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t
    >. n o> wrote:
    >
    >>This has been discussed many many times in past. I suggest you search in
    >>google groups for this topic.
    >>
    >>From personal experience, ATI and Omega are both EXCELLENT drivers. Omega's
    >>enable better overclock support for some chips (SE versions) and support
    >>Mobility series. Which is why I use them on my m10pro laptop.
    >>Omega often have better tweaks for games, so they tend to increase
    >>performance or IQ (or both) as opposed to ATI ones..
    >>
    >>"Striker" <Striker@noclass.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>> Lets hear some comments about ATI over Omega Drivers or vice versa.
    >>> Thanks,
    >
    >From what I see here, the Omegas seem to have less install/upgrade
    >problems.

    I would think there's probably a lot more people here using stock Ati
    rather than Omega drivers, so we should expect to see more problems.

    Pure guess is, per user of either, they probably have equivalent
    levels of problems.

    patrickp

    > I would think there's probably a lot more people here using stock Ati
    > rather than Omega drivers, so we should expect to see more problems.
    >
    > Pure guess is, per user of either, they probably have equivalent
    > levels of problems.

    Hm, of the people I know from various forums, the majority uses the Omega
    drivers, and so do I.

    On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:54:19 +0200, "Dirk Dreidoppel"
    <dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote:

    >> I would think there's probably a lot more people here using stock Ati
    >> rather than Omega drivers, so we should expect to see more problems.
    >>
    >> Pure guess is, per user of either, they probably have equivalent
    >> levels of problems.
    >
    >Hm, of the people I know from various forums, the majority uses the Omega
    >drivers, and so do I.

    I've been using Omegas since 3.7 and will continue to use his drivers
    OVER the ATI ones everytime. I don't update my drivers until Omega
    puts out his version of the latest. His driver package is amazing, and
    if you don't at least try them you're missing out.

    He regularly posts at www.Driverheaven.com forums.

    www.omegacorner.com

    Pluvious

    On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:54:19 +0200, "Dirk Dreidoppel"
    <dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote:

    >> I would think there's probably a lot more people here using stock Ati
    >> rather than Omega drivers, so we should expect to see more problems.
    >>
    >> Pure guess is, per user of either, they probably have equivalent
    >> levels of problems.
    >
    >Hm, of the people I know from various forums, the majority uses the Omega
    >drivers, and so do I.

    "of the people I know from various forums" - very possibly. However,
    if you were to poll _all_ the people who post here, I would suspect a
    large majority would use stock Ati drivers and, of Ati card users in
    general, even more so.

    patrickp

    > And, no, I'm not going to start counting! I'm not
    >_that_ concerned about it. By next January, I'll probably have
    >forgotten about the whole thing!

    Wot thing ?, forgotten about already patrickp M8.

    >Data, lewd...
    >
    >patrickp
    >
    >patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

    Regards, BoroLad

    Quoth The Raven "patrickp" <me@privacy.net> in
    ni1cc0tnipl0v3aiurv7718jq5ctbr5sa3@4ax.com
    > On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:54:19 +0200, "Dirk Dreidoppel"
    > <dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote:
    >
    > >> I would think there's probably a lot more people here using stock
    > >> Ati rather than Omega drivers, so we should expect to see more
    > >> problems.
    > >>
    > >> Pure guess is, per user of either, they probably have equivalent
    > >> levels of problems.
    > >
    > >Hm, of the people I know from various forums, the majority uses the
    > >Omega drivers, and so do I.
    > >

    > "of the people I know from various forums" - very possibly. However,
    > if you were to poll _all_ the people who post here, I would suspect a
    > large majority would use stock Ati drivers and, of Ati card users in
    > general, even more so.
    >
    > patrickp
    >
    > patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

    omega's here, if you're polling...

    --
    The more people I meet, the more I like my dog

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

    On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 07:13:20 +0100, borolad@myowseintheboro.org wrote:

    <moresnips>

    >Wot thing ?, forgotten about already patrickp M8.
    >
    >>Data, lewd...
    >>
    >>patrickp
    >>
    >>patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
    >
    >Regards, BoroLad

    ;-)))

    patrickp

    On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:54:19 +0200, "Dirk Dreidoppel"
    <dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote:

    >> I would think there's probably a lot more people here using stock Ati
    >> rather than Omega drivers, so we should expect to see more problems.
    >>
    >> Pure guess is, per user of either, they probably have equivalent
    >> levels of problems.
    >
    >Hm, of the people I know from various forums, the majority uses the Omega
    >drivers, and so do I.

    Used Omega drivers for initial install.

    Don't leave home without them.

Radeon Drivers ATI Graphics