Anyone ever seen window stacking order problems?

I've got an old Radeon 9200 in my system, and occasionally Windows XP seems
to get confused about what window should be on top. I can minimize and
restore the window, yet other windows will still be displayed on top of it,
or I can click in the title bar, yet it still won't come to the top (but the
process is working - I can see the portions of the window that are visible
updating correctly).

Sometimes I get the impression that this happens more frequently If I've
recently been using a process that is displaying video (WinDVD, media
player, etc), but I'm pretty sure I've seen it happen even without that.

If I play around with minimizing and restoring other windows for a while, I
can usually get the first window to finally be on top (but then some other
window will be behaving badly).

Anyone else ever had this problem? I'm just curious if this is a custom
bug just for me, or if others have been bit :).
--
email: Tom.Horsley@worldnet.att.net icbm: Delray Beach, FL |
<URL:http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley> Free Software and Politics <<==+

tom.horsley@att.net (Thomas A. Horsley) wrote in

> Anyone else ever had this problem? I'm just curious if this is a
> custom bug just for me, or if others have been bit :).

i'm pretty sure this is a bug in windows xp....

null

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 23:02:53 -0500, Good Man <heyho@letsgo.com> wrote:

:>tom.horsley@att.net (Thomas A. Horsley) wrote in
:>news:uvfi2ew1h.fsf@att.net:
:>
:>> Anyone else ever had this problem? I'm just curious if this is a
:>> custom bug just for me, or if others have been bit :).
:>
:>i'm pretty sure this is a bug in windows xp....

We use a custom database at work written in Visual FoxPro (another
microsoft product) and we've seen that window order thing happen
intermittently on windows 98 & SE, windows ME and windows XP full size
and laptop computers with a variety of different video cards.

>...we've seen that window order thing happen intermittently...

Thanks for the info. I'm glad to know it isn't just me :).

(I've searched on Microsoft for bugs like this, but I have a feeling
I don't know the proper Microsoft jargon to use for search terms, so
I haven't turned up anything).