My Steam account: Can't log in

Last response: in Video Games
January 2, 2005 8:40:05 PM

Hey everybody!

Happy new year!

Why is it that I can't log on my Steam account?
I can play HL2 fine and whwn I start my computer,
I have no problem connecting to Steam.
It says it connects to my account, displaying my account name.

But when I go to steampowered.com an want to see 'my stuff',
I can't log in. Steam doesn't know my account name nor my password.
Then I thought I got my password wrong, but Steam can't send me
my password because it doesn't recognise my account name.

What gives?
Any ideas?

Regards,
Claus

Lurker extraordinaire

More about : steam account log

Anonymous
January 3, 2005 1:16:44 AM

CKĀ® wrote:
> Hey everybody!
>
> Happy new year!
>
> Why is it that I can't log on my Steam account?
> I can play HL2 fine and whwn I start my computer,
> I have no problem connecting to Steam.
> It says it connects to my account, displaying my account name.
>
> But when I go to steampowered.com an want to see 'my stuff',
> I can't log in. Steam doesn't know my account name nor my password.
> Then I thought I got my password wrong, but Steam can't send me
> my password because it doesn't recognise my account name.
>
> What gives?
> Any ideas?

Yes, you are confusing your Steam login name with the Steampowered
forums. there is no part of the Steampowered site that lets you login
with your SteamID.

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
Anonymous

"Ben Cottrell" <bench@bench333.screaming.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> Yes, you are confusing your Steam login name with the Steampowered
> forums. there is no part of the Steampowered site that lets you login
> with your SteamID.

Sheesh!
Well, there you go, I knew someone could clear that up for me...
Thanks, Ben!

Regards,
Claus

Lurker extraordinaire
-and not the brightest bulb in the lamp... ;o)
!