My Steam account: Can't log in

Hey everybody!

Happy new year!

Why is it that I can't log on my Steam account?
I can play HL2 fine and whwn I start my computer,
I have no problem connecting to Steam.
It says it connects to my account, displaying my account name.

But when I go to steampowered.com an want to see 'my stuff',
I can't log in. Steam doesn't know my account name nor my password.
Then I thought I got my password wrong, but Steam can't send me
my password because it doesn't recognise my account name.

What gives?
Any ideas?

Regards,
Claus

Lurker extraordinaire
2 answers Last reply
More about steam account

    CK® wrote:
    > Hey everybody!
    >
    > Happy new year!
    >
    > Why is it that I can't log on my Steam account?
    > I can play HL2 fine and whwn I start my computer,
    > I have no problem connecting to Steam.
    > It says it connects to my account, displaying my account name.
    >
    > But when I go to steampowered.com an want to see 'my stuff',
    > I can't log in. Steam doesn't know my account name nor my password.
    > Then I thought I got my password wrong, but Steam can't send me
    > my password because it doesn't recognise my account name.
    >
    > What gives?
    > Any ideas?

    Yes, you are confusing your Steam login name with the Steampowered
    forums. there is no part of the Steampowered site that lets you login
    with your SteamID.

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    "Ben Cottrell" <bench@bench333.screaming.net> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Yes, you are confusing your Steam login name with the Steampowered
    > forums. there is no part of the Steampowered site that lets you login
    > with your SteamID.

    Sheesh!
    Well, there you go, I knew someone could clear that up for me...
    Thanks, Ben!

    Regards,
    Claus

    Lurker extraordinaire
    -and not the brightest bulb in the lamp... ;o)

Login Steam Video Games