TATTOO

I have an inquiry about TATTOO
No not the little guy from Fantasy Island
Is the program available or should it be on the MASTER CD

I have seen this post,----------------------
TATTOO PROCEDURE:

Create a Windows 98 Boot Diskette
Locate on Master CD's the folder 'DRIVERS'
From this folder copy to the boot diskette the following files:
Tattoo.exe
Shellhs.dll

Remove old HDD and install your new HDD

Power up the system and boot from the diskette into DOS and at the A>
prompt enter the following command:

Tattoo /createhsfromdmi

Is this correct
and are these files on the Master CD assuming it came with a tattooed system
4 answers Last reply
More about tattoo
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    I see the instructions on Elector's group
    He is a great archiver and repository of
    knowledge
    Are the files available elsewhere beside the Master CD
    "metronid" <metronid@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I have an inquiry about TATTOO
    > No not the little guy from Fantasy Island
    > Is the program available or should it be on the MASTER CD
    >
    > I have seen this post,----------------------
    > TATTOO PROCEDURE:
    >
    > Create a Windows 98 Boot Diskette
    > Locate on Master CD's the folder 'DRIVERS'
    > From this folder copy to the boot diskette the following files:
    > Tattoo.exe
    > Shellhs.dll
    >
    > Remove old HDD and install your new HDD
    >
    > Power up the system and boot from the diskette into DOS and at the A>
    > prompt enter the following command:
    >
    > Tattoo /createhsfromdmi
    >
    > Is this correct
    > and are these files on the Master CD assuming it came with a tattooed
    system

  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    > I see the instructions on Elector's group
    > He is a great archiver and repository of
    > knowledge
    > Are the files available elsewhere beside the Master CD

    Ha ha, the great archiver say's "No" since they are dependent on the type of
    system you are using. PB680, PB 1000, PB 520 etc. you get the picture.
    They may have been listed at one time under Ray's PackardBell Site or my
    good friend Velix's Another Packard Bell Help Site. Simon was kind enough to
    supply me with the notes on tattoo, as you were kind enough for the restore
    disks. I am blessed with good friends.

    Elector
  3. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    Just dropped in for the first time in ages.....good to see a few of the
    regulars still here.
    Glad to see my info still proving useful from time to time.

    Simon

    Elector wrote:
    > "metronid" <metronid@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>I see the instructions on Elector's group
    >>He is a great archiver and repository of
    >>knowledge
    >>Are the files available elsewhere beside the Master CD
    >

    > Ha ha, the great archiver say's "No" since they are dependent on the type of
    > system you are using. PB680, PB 1000, PB 520 etc. you get the picture.
    > They may have been listed at one time under Ray's PackardBell Site or my
    > good friend Velix's Another Packard Bell Help Site. Simon was kind enough to
    > supply me with the notes on tattoo, as you were kind enough for the restore
    > disks. I am blessed with good friends.
    >
    > Elector

  4. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    "Simon" <simon@nospamformeplease.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Just dropped in for the first time in ages.....good to see a few of
    > the regulars still here.
    > Glad to see my info still proving useful from time to time.
    >
    > Simon

    I still look in from time to time. On vacation at end of week. Think I
    will vacation in Ft. Lauderdale Florida I use to hang out on Los Alos
    and Atlantic Blvd. Just love that beach. Maybe visit a few friends in
    Carolina and Florida when I am down that way.
    I will have the ole lap top with me to log in.

    Elector

Packard Bell Boot Computers