Cannot access internet

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
May 10, 2004 8:51:03 PM

I have my broadband internet going into a linksys wireless router. I have a laptop with a linksys wireless card which is receiving the internet with no problem under windows xp home. i just bought a dell laptop with a truemobile 1300 usb wireless receiver and i am having trouble accessing the internet on this computer with windows xp pro. the laptop does not use windows built in wireless software, it is using a program from linksys. on the dell desktop, i am forced to have windows handle the wireless. in my available networks, it displays the name of my network (named "linksys") and also one called "wireless". when i click "view available networks" , then click on "linksys" i then have to check the box that says connect even though unsecure. even when i do this, internet explorer says it cannot find server. does anyone know what's going on?

More about : access internet

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 14, 2004 9:33:53 AM

Hi
Sean
U need to provide some more information for issue resolution
---When u clik on connect does it show connected to liksys. that is do u get
any signal strength.

----if u get the signal strength do u get an ip adresss

If possible do provide the Model number of the linksys router--

Vivek

news:D 190B06E-4A64-4D90-AA9D-6A5285D389E7@microsoft.com...