Cannot access internet

I have my broadband internet going into a linksys wireless router. I have a laptop with a linksys wireless card which is receiving the internet with no problem under windows xp home. i just bought a dell laptop with a truemobile 1300 usb wireless receiver and i am having trouble accessing the internet on this computer with windows xp pro. the laptop does not use windows built in wireless software, it is using a program from linksys. on the dell desktop, i am forced to have windows handle the wireless. in my available networks, it displays the name of my network (named "linksys") and also one called "wireless". when i click "view available networks" , then click on "linksys" i then have to check the box that says connect even though unsecure. even when i do this, internet explorer says it cannot find server. does anyone know what's going on?
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot access internet

    Hi
    Sean
    U need to provide some more information for issue resolution
    ---When u clik on connect does it show connected to liksys. that is do u get
    any signal strength.

    ----if u get the signal strength do u get an ip adresss

    If possible do provide the Model number of the linksys router--

    Vivek

    Truth Is Out There------------------------------------

    "sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have my broadband internet going into a linksys wireless router. I have
    a laptop with a linksys wireless card which is receiving the internet with
    no problem under windows xp home. i just bought a dell laptop with a
    truemobile 1300 usb wireless receiver and i am having trouble accessing the
    internet on this computer with windows xp pro. the laptop does not use
    windows built in wireless software, it is using a program from linksys. on
    the dell desktop, i am forced to have windows handle the wireless. in my
    available networks, it displays the name of my network (named "linksys") and
    also one called "wireless". when i click "view available networks" , then
    click on "linksys" i then have to check the box that says connect even
    though unsecure. even when i do this, internet explorer says it cannot find
    server. does anyone know what's going on?

Wireless Linksys Internet Wireless Networking