Diablo 3 Delayed Until Early 2012; But Beta Extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

rh_dog

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
Rats, I see this news on other sites too. Oh well, I hope TL2 comes out before D3. It will help pass the time. I wouldn't mind the delay so much if I got in the Beta for D3.

dontcrosthestreams

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
i wont be playn this time around, they have squed the drop rates to make money off of chinese slaves. if there is to much of a good item it will stop droping, making it more valuable in their marketplace

Arkive

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2007
[citation][nom]dontcrosthestreams[/nom]i wont be playn this time around, they have squed the drop rates to make money off of chinese slaves. if there is to much of a good item it will stop droping, making it more valuable in their marketplace[/citation]
I agree. It would be much wiser to invest your time in basic spelling courses.

G

For some reason it doesn't bother me at all. I always expect this from Blizzard and have just learned to only get excited once they officially announce a release date (usually a month before it comes out).

Slomoshun

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
[citation][nom]dontcrosthestreams[/nom]i wont be playn this time around, they have squed the drop rates to make money off of chinese slaves. if there is to much of a good item it will stop droping, making it more valuable in their marketplace[/citation]
Then give me your key!

AerieC

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
[citation][nom]gnookergi[/nom]For some reason it doesn't bother me at all. I always expect this from Blizzard and have just learned to only get excited once they officially announce a release date (usually a month before it comes out).[/citation]

Totally agree. I mean, I can see why people get upset over constant delays, but I'd much rather wait longer for a polished product than get something fundamentally broken or incomplete and wait for patches to fix it up.

In the business world, I think it makes sense to get your product out fast to make sure you capitalize on the market, but games aren't the same as a revolutionary business product. Games are art. There's always a market for good art.

maxinexus

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
So Blizzard. I wish to at least get the Beta but with my luck...I don't think so.
They should probably segment the game. Get 1st act ready and sell it to us. Then just finish 2nd 3rd etc...most likely would make more money...
But hey I can wait another decade maybe my grand kids get to play D3 someday.

Arkive

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2007
[citation][nom]dcompart[/nom]Does D3 have Bind on Pick up for certain items? I hope so.[/citation]
Diablo 3 is not WoW. BoP would completely ruin what Diablo is about.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Early 2012? GTFO Blizzard, we'll have Skyrim, BF3 and Mass Effect 3 by then... no need for your DRM-infested hack&slash... xD[/citation]
Actually Skyrim and BF3 are coming out Q4 this year and ME3 is coming out late Q1 2012. They made the right choice to push it back. There are like tons of games coming out Q4 this year and most people probably only have the budget to get like 1-2 games for Q4 this year.

G

In typical Blizzard-esque fashion they have the delayed the release of their game. Any real Blizzard isnt surprised by this because it always happens.

Theres a reason Blizzard has and does produce the best games available on the market. Its because they take the time they need to finish their products.

Slomoshun

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
[citation][nom]johnners2981[/nom]obviously scared off by skyrim which will be thrice as good[/citation]

Why would DIABLO be scared of Skyrim? They're not even close to the same thing. The only similarities is they're both RPG's. They have different stories, concepts, artwork and completely different views of the game.

bejabbers

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
I'm not surprised by this delay. Blizzard seems to put all their resources into WoW, leaving the rest of their line rotting. Maybe they could take this extended period of time and fix the things they've been doing that are ruining this game.

This real money auction house is BS, Blizzard has no business making money off of item trades (changing the drop rates of items so that certain the quantity of certain items remains low so price remains high in their market is a total conflict of interest.)

And this on-line only is BS, what happens when my connection goes down? what happens when the blizzard server goes down? How am I supposed to be able to play the game that I've paid for. This is one of the reasons why cloud computing is ridiculous.

I won't be afraid to return this game if it's a complete let down (as I'm afraid it will be), besides, by the time this game actually releases I'll probably be over it.

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
Talk about spoiled brats?

Maybe the game is not ready yet? Maybe some bugs where found and they are fixing them?

At least Blizzard goes out of its way to fix broken games.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
Ow that was quite a kick in the nards. Why can't you just use the release version for your beta testing like the rest of the game developers. Damned perfectionists....

Status
Not open for further replies.