Windows XP firewall

Which registry key can we change to disable the Alerts on the firewall?

Malke

Irvin Sura wrote:

> Which registry key can we change to disable the Alerts on the
> firewall?

You don't need to change this in the Registry. Go to the Security Center
applet in Control Panel and open it. On the left, click on "Change how
Security Center alerts me". Uncheck what you want, Apply and OK out.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

This is not for a single computer, it's for multiple computers, I want to be
able to run a script that installs SP2 and also get's rid of those
notifications without me being there.

"Malke" wrote:

> Irvin Sura wrote:
>
> > Which registry key can we change to disable the Alerts on the
> > firewall?
>
> You don't need to change this in the Registry. Go to the Security Center
> applet in Control Panel and open it. On the left, click on "Change how
> Security Center alerts me". Uncheck what you want, Apply and OK out.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"

Malke

Irvin Sura wrote:

> This is not for a single computer, it's for multiple computers, I want
> to be able to run a script that installs SP2 and also get's rid of
> those notifications without me being there.

TechNet is an amazing resource for questions like yours. Here's a link
to the Desktop Deployment (SP2). It would be worth your time to explore
the entire Desktop Deployment area, though.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/desktopdeployment/default.mspx

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User