Updated: PCI slot/AGP fan cooler question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 8, 2004 10:09:14 PM

Hello all:

I'm planning on O/C my video card and bought a PCI slot "AGP" cooler. I've
installed it, and noticed an immediate drop in case temps of at least 5
degrees : )

My question is:

I've installed it in the PCI slot directly below the vid card and I figure
that since the two fans are more or less "fighting" for the same air (the
PCI fan exhausts from the case), both fans must work harder than they
normally would. I wanted to make sure that it doesn't interfere or shorten
the life span of the actual Vid card fan.

Should I drop the addon fan to the next PCI slot?

Derek
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 11:22:19 PM

I've got a PCI exhaust slot cooler too and noticed the same thing. I think a
better idea than investing in PCI exhaust slot coolers is go w/a Arctic cooling
VGA Silencer. Supposedly you can get better overclocks out of 9800 Pros w/this
cooling setup.