Accessing encrypted files

My computer recently messed up, dont know how but it wouldn't load, it kept
saying c:\windows\system32\config\system is missing or corrupt, so I
re-installed Windows in another directory, but now I cant get access to my
files which I had encrypted so no other users on the system could see them,
does anyone know how gain access to them again?

hi
you can reopen your file by import the old certificate by wizared
the old certificate exist in this location
document and setting\username\application data\microsoft\system
certificate\my\certificate

Michaelnwuk wrote:

> My computer recently messed up, dont know how but it wouldn't load, it kept
> saying c:\windows\system32\config\system is missing or corrupt, so I
> re-installed Windows in another directory, but now I cant get access to my
> files which I had encrypted so no other users on the system could see them,
> does anyone know how gain access to them again?
Hi

And I assume you never exported the encryption certificate...

As you have access to the user profile folders for the user that
encrypted the files and if you remember the password for the user
that encrypted the data, you might be able to save the files.

Take a look at this site for more details:

http://www.beginningtoseethelight.org/efsrecovery/

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: