See below. I'm entering my correct password when I login, so I don't know
where the bad password is coming from. Anyone have any idea what's causing
this and how I can get rid of it?

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Account Logon
Event ID: 680
Date: 1/22/2005
Time: 1:29:35 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: xxx
Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
Logon account: SSS
Source Workstation: xxx
Error Code: 0xC000006A

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 529
Date: 1/22/2005
Time: 1:29:35 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: xxx
Logon Failure:
Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
User Name: SSS
Domain: xxx
Logon Type: 2
Logon Process: Advapi
Authentication Package: Negotiate
Workstation Name: xxx

#3 duplicate of #1
#4 duplicate of #2
1 answer Last reply
More about password microsoft_authentication_package_v1_0

    Not to worry.

    ID: 680
    Source: Security

    Explanation
    A program or service attempted to start with the logon credentials specified
    in the message, which do not match the credentials of the current user. This
    message is logged for informational purposes only.

    User Action
    No user action is required.

    Failure Events Are Logged When the Welcome Screen Is Enabled
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305822

    ===

    Event Source: Security
    Event Category: Logon/Logoff
    Event ID: 529

    [[The event occurred on Windows XP if the machine environment meets the
    following criteria:
    - The machine is a member of a domain.
    - The machine is using a machine local account.
    - Logon failure auditing is enabled.
    When the user logs off, Windows will write event ID 529 to the log file
    because
    the OS incorrectly tries to contact the domain controller (DC), despite the
    fact that the machine is using a local account. Microsoft currently doesn't
    provide a fix for this problem, but you can safely ignore this event ID.]]

    Security Event 529 Is Logged for Local User Accounts
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811082

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:C6502B27-01B2-460A-A81C-F965FA7C6A67@microsoft.com,
    Larry889 <Larry889@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > A series of four Failure Audits show up in the Security section of the
    > Windows XP Event Viewer every time I boot up my Windows XP home
    > computer. See below. I'm entering my correct password when I login,
    > so I don't know where the bad password is coming from. Anyone have
    > any idea what's causing this and how I can get rid of it?

    > Event Type: Failure Audit
    > Event Source: Security
    > Event Category: Account Logon
    > Event ID: 680
    > Date: 1/22/2005
    > Time: 1:29:35 PM
    > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > Computer: xxx
    > Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
    > Logon account: SSS
    > Source Workstation: xxx
    > Error Code: 0xC000006A

    > Event Type: Failure Audit
    > Event Source: Security
    > Event Category: Logon/Logoff
    > Event ID: 529
    > Date: 1/22/2005
    > Time: 1:29:35 PM
    > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > Computer: xxx
    > Logon Failure:
    > Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
    > User Name: SSS
    > Domain: xxx
    > Logon Type: 2
    > Logon Process: Advapi
    > Authentication Package: Negotiate
    > Workstation Name: xxx
    >
    > #3 duplicate of #1
    > #4 duplicate of #2

Windows XP Security Computers Authentication Microsoft