ATI Digital Vibrancy?

Just wondering if, like nVidia's cards, the radeon series has any digital
vibrancy settings - to make colors..err.. more vibrant.
The reason I ask is I have an oldish 21" monitor whose default colors are a
little on the weak side.
I previously had a Gf4Ti4600 which was great for the time I had it and its
color vibrancy slider was excellent - really helped those colors along. So..
does ATI have a tool or such which does the same thing?
Thanks...
4 answers Last reply
More about digital vibrancy

    In article <ca83ft$1gcj$1@otis.netspace.net.au>, "Blaedmon" <here@hell.com> wrote:
    >Just wondering if, like nVidia's cards, the radeon series has any digital
    >vibrancy settings - to make colors..err.. more vibrant.
    >The reason I ask is I have an oldish 21" monitor whose default colors are a
    >little on the weak side.
    >I previously had a Gf4Ti4600 which was great for the time I had it and its
    >color vibrancy slider was excellent - really helped those colors along. So..
    >does ATI have a tool or such which does the same thing?
    >Thanks...

    Its called SATURATION on most cards, and yes they all do have this setting

    I can't find any setting for this on ATI's control panel, there's a tab
    called 'superposition' (note: my drivers are French) and there's a
    slider for saturation, as well as for brightness, gamma, contrast,
    teint, but all these sliders are greyed out.. Under the Color tab,
    there are 3 sliders: brightness, contrast and Gamma, these one I can
    adjust, but there's no saturation.

    wcat

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 01:42:46 GMT, Wildcat <wildcat@killspam.com>
    wrote:

    >I can't find any setting for this on ATI's control panel, there's a tab
    >called 'superposition' (note: my drivers are French) and there's a
    >slider for saturation, as well as for brightness, gamma, contrast,
    >teint, but all these sliders are greyed out.. Under the Color tab,
    >there are 3 sliders: brightness, contrast and Gamma, these one I can
    >adjust, but there's no saturation.
    >
    >wcat

    No, there isn't any setting that will match Nvidia's Digital Viberance
    feature unfortunately. It's the one thing I miss the most from
    switching to ATI. I found the closest fix is to download a free
    program called 3Deep found at http://majorgeeks.com/download3410.html
    It's supposed to be shareware but I seem to continue to use it after
    the 30 days without any problem.

    Pluvious

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:05:03 GMT, Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com>
    wrote:

    > I found the closest fix is to download a free
    >program called 3Deep found at http://majorgeeks.com/download3410.html
    >It's supposed to be shareware but I seem to continue to use it after
    >the 30 days without any problem.
    >
    >Pluvious

    3Deep comes bundled for free with most video cards. I'm pretty sure my
    9800pro came with a copy. What's better than 3Deep though is
    "Colorific" which is made by the same company but it is expensive and
    the only time I ever got it bundled for free was when I bought a
    Creative Geforce2 card. It's a good prog to have though.

Radeon ATI Nvidia Graphics