List of service and port for network?

Where I can find exactly list service name (and his associate file names),
and ports

For all network service off windows 2000/xp.

I need it for config my firewall

Mttc wrote:
> Where I can find exactly list service name (and his associate file
> names), and ports
>
> For all network service off windows 2000/xp.
>

> I need it for config my firewall

That's a pretty vague question. What specifically is it you're trying to
configure? Inbound access? Outbound traffic? What kind of firewall?

My opinion is to isolate one computer that has access to Internet from the
local network.

Our network not connects to Internet, therefore it is more secure. So I want
to reduce risk to get virus and others attack from this computer. I think
that be more secure to block this computer

Outbound to the local area by blocking most ports and service except some
service that I must leave Open.

Until now I used with norton pfw 2003. I permit only outbound of port 3389,
for TS.

So I want to know where I can find exactly list the service, and port for
any network service as

File sharing and so on.

Mttc wrote:
> My opinion is to isolate one computer that has access to Internet
> from the local network.
>
> Our network not connects to Internet, therefore it is more secure. So
> I want to reduce risk to get virus and others attack from this
> computer. I think that be more secure to block this computer
>
> Outbound to the local area by blocking most ports and service except
> some service that I must leave Open.
>

> Until now I used with norton pfw 2003. I permit only outbound of port
> 3389, for TS.
>

> So I want to know where I can find exactly list the service, and port
> for any network service as
>
> File sharing and so on.

I think you may be approaching this backwards. You don't need to find out
information for every conceivable port - you need to decide what ports you
want to allow, and deny all others. Inbound, and outbound as well, if you
wish.

What kind of Internet connection do you use? Broadband? Get a perimeter
firewall appliance - do port mapping so that port 3389 (and whatever
additional ports you need - be careful) is forwarded only to the LAN IP of
this workstation if you wish to access Remote Desktop from the Internet.

For outbound traffic, if you get a decent firewall appliance, you can allow
only specific ports, such as 80, 443, 110, etc if you don't want to allow
all outbound connections by default.

Also, if you wish, enable the XP firewall on all your other XP workstations,
and set exceptions for file & print sharing.

If you have dialup, you really need a software firewall like ZoneAlarm, etc,
to do what you need, and that can confuse your users as such software tends
to be quite "chatty". If you do have dialup, you could simply not put this
computer on your LAN...

Regardless, get good, antivirus software running and keep it updated
regularly. If you have more than a handful of computers, get centrally
managed antivirus so you can control it all from one location.

I’m sorry, it’s seem that my mssg not clear.
Again:
We have A PC that connects sometimes to the web, no meter how.
And we have a LAN network in the same office that not have access
To the Internet And not need it.
Sure have FW and antivirus in this A PC.
I not ask for protect this A PC. My opinion is to add more secure for LAN,
By Isolate the A computer from LAN, so if A PC get some virus or other
Unfriendly programs, it’s not been easy to move from A PC to hole LAN.
I not ask about suggest which FW use, by the way windows FW (sp2) is
Block only inbound traffic!
I try already to block All to LAN area except TS port, and it seems good.
Now I ask to a Link for article that describe all service and port of
Windows
Network services, like file sharing and so on.

Mttc wrote:
> I'm sorry, it's seem that my mssg not clear.
> Again:
> We have A PC that connects sometimes to the web, no meter how.
> And we have a LAN network in the same office that not have access
> To the Internet And not need it.
> Sure have FW and antivirus in this A PC.
> I not ask for protect this A PC. My opinion is to add more secure for
> LAN, By Isolate the A computer from LAN, so if A PC get some virus or
> other Unfriendly programs, it's not been easy to move from A PC to
> hole LAN.

Move the computer off the LAN all the other computers are on, then, as I
suggested. I stand by my earlier advice. Make sure you've sufficiently
protected *all* your computers with a firewall or firewalls, and good
antivirus.

> I not ask about suggest which FW use, by the way windows FW (sp2) is
> Block only inbound traffic!
> I try already to block All to LAN area except TS port, and it seems
> good. Now I ask to a Link for article that describe all service and
> port of Windows
> Network services, like file sharing and so on.

Try Google. There are far too many to list here. As I said before, you need
to concentrate on what you wish to ALLOW, whether inbound or outbound, and
deny all else by default.