HL2 download advice needed

I have a coupon for HL2. While I have dialup at home I do have access to
broadband at work. However my work computer only has a CDR. I am told
that the DL is in excess of 4 gigs.

So, now I will need to split the file up so as to fit it on CDRs. 650
divided into 4 gigs equals 7 CDs. Anyone know of a free file splitter I
can use or does Nero come with one?

Ron

"Ron Joiner" <"joinertake this out"@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> I have a coupon for HL2. While I have dialup at home I do have access
> to broadband at work. However my work computer only has a CDR. I am
> told that the DL is in excess of 4 gigs.
>
> So, now I will need to split the file up so as to fit it on CDRs. 650
> divided into 4 gigs equals 7 CDs. Anyone know of a free file splitter
> I can use or does Nero come with one?
>
> Ron

Steam will take care of that for you. Just select the media you're
backing up to, CD or DVD, Steam takes it from there and tells ya what to
do :)
McG.

McGrandpa wrote:
> "Ron Joiner" <"joinertake this out"@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>
>>I have a coupon for HL2. While I have dialup at home I do have access
>>to broadband at work. However my work computer only has a CDR. I am
>>told that the DL is in excess of 4 gigs.
>>
>>So, now I will need to split the file up so as to fit it on CDRs. 650
>>divided into 4 gigs equals 7 CDs. Anyone know of a free file splitter
>>I can use or does Nero come with one?
>>
>>Ron
>

> Steam will take care of that for you. Just select the media you're
> backing up to, CD or DVD, Steam takes it from there and tells ya what to
> do :)
> McG.

Great stuff, just the answer I was looking for. Thanks Mitty and McG.

Ron

Ron Joiner wrote:
> I have a coupon for HL2. While I have dialup at home I do have access to
> broadband at work. However my work computer only has a CDR. I am told
> that the DL is in excess of 4 gigs.
>
> So, now I will need to split the file up so as to fit it on CDRs. 650
> divided into 4 gigs equals 7 CDs. Anyone know of a free file splitter I
> can use or does Nero come with one?
>
> Ron

The Steam backup utility (right click on game of interest and select
backup) automatically splits the backup to desired file size.

"Freedom55" <"joinertake this out"@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> McGrandpa wrote:
>> "Ron Joiner" <"joinertake this out"@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>
>>> I have a coupon for HL2. While I have dialup at home I do have
>>> access to broadband at work. However my work computer only has a
>>> CDR. I am told that the DL is in excess of 4 gigs.
>>>
>>> So, now I will need to split the file up so as to fit it on CDRs.
>>> 650 divided into 4 gigs equals 7 CDs. Anyone know of a free file
>>> splitter I can use or does Nero come with one?
>>>
>>> Ron
>>

>> Steam will take care of that for you. Just select the media you're
>> backing up to, CD or DVD, Steam takes it from there and tells ya
>> what to do :)
>> McG.
>>

> Great stuff, just the answer I was looking for. Thanks Mitty and McG.
>
> Ron

You're welcome!
McG.

TRENDING THREADS