4.6 non-beta out at ati.com

Just about to try them out. 30.4 Mb download, keeps getting bigger.

--
"I'm not made of money, we'll swim to Oakland"

Steve [Inglo]

Inglo <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote in

> Just about to try them out. 30.4 Mb download, keeps getting bigger.

It's still only a 25 seconds download ;-)

--
Peter Strömberg (55.6N 13.0E)
C2K2 C2K3 ISCCIV02 ISCCIV03

"Inglo" <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote in message
> Just about to try them out. 30.4 Mb download, keeps getting bigger.

I'm sure it's because of their "specific games settings database" growing
larger.

I'd prefer if they'd just let me set my games the way I want to see them.

(NVidia is just as bad)

"Peter Strömberg" <wilfried@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Inglo <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote in
>
> > Just about to try them out. 30.4 Mb download, keeps getting bigger.
>
> It's still only a 25 seconds download ;-)

Drat... 76 seconds here... Damn slow internet!

: )

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

dialup... boohoo !

"Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

> "Peter Strömberg" <wilfried@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> > Inglo <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote in
> >
> > > Just about to try them out. 30.4 Mb download, keeps getting bigger.
> >
> > It's still only a 25 seconds download ;-)
>
> Drat... 76 seconds here... Damn slow internet!
>
> : )

mark

You wrote in news:0Skyc.775$O02.407@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com thusly:

> Just about to try them out. 30.4 Mb download, keeps getting bigger.

Actually, if you had 4.5 installed before, 4.6 is smaller:

31,224,646 Catalyst v4.5 (wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-01-040421a-015419c).exe

31,095,791 Catalyst v4.6 (wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-02-040515a-015958c).exe

And v4.6 is only 29.6MB. :)

--

Mark

Inglo wrote:
> Just about to try them out. 30.4 Mb download, keeps getting bigger.

I got 7 fps more in Call of Duty vs the omega drivers.
1 extra frame in Far Cry. Worth the d/l

Jeff B

7 fps more, out of what, 80?

"jeff b" <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in message

> Inglo wrote:
> > Just about to try them out. 30.4 Mb download, keeps getting bigger.
> >

> I got 7 fps more in Call of Duty vs the omega drivers.
> 1 extra frame in Far Cry. Worth the d/l
>
> Jeff B

If nVidia driver pack file sizes are any indication, ATi can probably shave
10-15 MB by producing a US English-only driver pack.