Tempenc splitting SVCD question got me stumped.

I created this SVCD file 1.8 gigs right, and the sound is mpeg 2,
224kbps which is what i want it at :)

The thing is when i get it to split the file it changes it to 128kbps
???? why does it do this is it a bug ducks up the burnt disc and the
sound cuts out when ever you fast forward and kicks in at random ?
when playing on the DVD player.

They released a new version 3,0 ill try that and see if that works
better.

Thanks.

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

"We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:n1tjc05sa8utpmkjg5sehg69988f7nqt8i@4ax.com...

> I created this SVCD file 1.8 gigs right, and the sound is mpeg 2,
> 224kbps which is what i want it at :)
>
> The thing is when i get it to split the file it changes it to 128kbps
> ???? why does it do this is it a bug ducks up the burnt disc and the
> sound cuts out when ever you fast forward and kicks in at random ?
> when playing on the DVD player.
>

> They released a new version 3,0 ill try that and see if that works
> better.
>
> Thanks.

Try the guides and forums here:

http://www.videohelp.com/

Why did you create the SVCD file as 1.8Gb in size to begin with? I used to
split the source file during conversion to SVCD, rather than create SVCD
then Split. Then I got a DVD writer and no more need :)

You mean make rip the divx to mpeg2 then cut that then convert the
parts to SVCD with tempenc ?

Might go the DVD route myself though, converting some Divx movies to
DVD might be the same trouble from what i read its not that easy,
unless theirs a program that does the work for you ?

Thanks.

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 19:23:29 +0100, "Les" <a@aolnot.com> wrote:

>"We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
>message news:n1tjc05sa8utpmkjg5sehg69988f7nqt8i@4ax.com...
>>

>> I created this SVCD file 1.8 gigs right, and the sound is mpeg 2,
>> 224kbps which is what i want it at :)
>>
>> The thing is when i get it to split the file it changes it to 128kbps
>> ???? why does it do this is it a bug ducks up the burnt disc and the
>> sound cuts out when ever you fast forward and kicks in at random ?
>> when playing on the DVD player.
>>

>> They released a new version 3,0 ill try that and see if that works
>> better.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>Try the guides and forums here:
>
>http://www.videohelp.com/
>
>Why did you create the SVCD file as 1.8Gb in size to begin with? I used to
>split the source file during conversion to SVCD, rather than create SVCD
>then Split. Then I got a DVD writer and no more need :)

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:
> You mean make rip the divx to mpeg2 then cut that then convert the
> parts to SVCD with tempenc ?
>
> Might go the DVD route myself though, converting some Divx movies to
> DVD might be the same trouble from what i read its not that easy,
> unless theirs a program that does the work for you ?
>
> Thanks.

yes divide the divx first,then convert it.I usually find a 700mb divx can
divided and put onto 2 cd's in either vcd/svcd format at quite good quality.
search google for good "divx to vcd/svcd guides"
or buy a divx standalone dvd player so u don't have to mess around at all.

message news:72vjc0p137kdhmfe80ooo4dqda4i5f5grf@4ax.com...

> You mean make rip the divx to mpeg2 then cut that then convert the
> parts to SVCD with tempenc ?
>
> Might go the DVD route myself though, converting some Divx movies to
> DVD might be the same trouble from what i read its not that easy,
> unless theirs a program that does the work for you ?
>
> Thanks.

I use Tmpgenc to convert and DVD Lab to author the DVD, piece of piss once
you have worked through your first one. All the guides you will ever need
are here

http://www.videohelp.com/ and http://www.doom9.org

Thanks.