Confused about ATI Downloads

I am confused about the list of ATI Downloads and Drivers. Please
what is the relationship between MMC 9.0, Catalyst 4.5 and the other
drivers posted on the ATI website for use with ATI All-in-wonder
Radeon cards ? I need help to keep track of the various updates.

Thanks.
9 answers Last reply
More about confused downloads

    Hi,

    It does kind of get confusing with so many different drivers, addins and
    optional software being updated on a more or less monthly basis, doesn't it?
    There is a basic installation order outline noting required/optional
    components with ATI download links at our web site, if it might be able to
    help you out at all:
    http://tastycomputers.com/support/download/ati_drivers.htm

    Hope this helps somewhat.
    --
    Russell Sullivan
    http://tastycomputers.com

    "Malam" <malamilia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I am confused about the list of ATI Downloads and Drivers. Please
    > what is the relationship between MMC 9.0, Catalyst 4.5 and the other
    > drivers posted on the ATI website for use with ATI All-in-wonder
    > Radeon cards ? I need help to keep track of the various updates.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Thanks. I've installed the card a few days ago. It looks ok, but I
    have not tested all its functions though. Would you advice that I
    uninstalled it all and follow the procedure outlined on your website ?
    Or just to upgrade the Catalist File?

    Thanks.

    On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:56:38 GMT, "Russell"
    <rsullivan@tastycomputersdotcom_replace_dot_with_"."> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >It does kind of get confusing with so many different drivers, addins and
    >optional software being updated on a more or less monthly basis, doesn't it?
    >There is a basic installation order outline noting required/optional
    >components with ATI download links at our web site, if it might be able to
    >help you out at all:
    >http://tastycomputers.com/support/download/ati_drivers.htm
    >
    >Hope this helps somewhat.

    Generally, if you're not replacing a graphics card, especially from a
    different manufacturer such as nVidia, and have a fairly recent previous
    official version of drivers, you should be OK just installing the newer
    version on top of the older version. This works fine 95% of the time, but
    the uninstallation/clean installation steps are provided just in case.

    --

    > Thanks. I've installed the card a few days ago. It looks ok, but I
    > have not tested all its functions though. Would you advice that I
    > uninstalled it all and follow the procedure outlined on your website ?
    > Or just to upgrade the Catalist File?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:56:38 GMT, "Russell"
    > <rsullivan@tastycomputersdotcom_replace_dot_with_"."> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >It does kind of get confusing with so many different drivers, addins and
    > >optional software being updated on a more or less monthly basis, doesn't
    it?
    > >There is a basic installation order outline noting required/optional
    > >components with ATI download links at our web site, if it might be able
    > >help you out at all:
    > >http://tastycomputers.com/support/download/ati_drivers.htm
    > >
    > >Hope this helps somewhat.

    Wow! I just completed the installation of the Drivers following the
    instructions from your website. The display is stunning. I am
    watching TV now - looks a bit more rich than before. I find that the
    display is flickering a bit unless I set the refresh rate to 60. Also
    I can see some wavy horizontal lines when watching TV - is this some
    noise from the cable ? Do I need to do some fine tunning ?

    Thanks again.

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 02:16:37 GMT, "Russell"

    On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 23:18:44 -0400, Malam <malamilia@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    > I set the refresh rate to 60.
    why ?
    set it higher and save your eyesight.

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 06:40:46 -0400, bp <6ball@comcast.net> wrote:

    >> I set the refresh rate to 60.
    >why ?
    >set it higher and save your eyesight.

    Nice example of exactly how not to quote someone's message.

    For some reason the flickerring gets worse at a higher refresh rate.
    Is any other setting related to this ? Its like the rate is backwards
    or something.
    Thanks.

    > For some reason the flickerring gets worse at a higher refresh rate.
    > Is any other setting related to this ? Its like the rate is backwards
    > or something.
    > Thanks.

    dirty electricity?

    I have the monitor set at a resolution of 1024 x 768 and a refresh
    rate of 85HZ which is what the manual for the monitor recommends.
    This appears to have the best result even though I would still like to
    have it more rock steady. My monitor by the way is a NEC Multisync
    FE700+

    Thanks all.

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 10:02:14 -0500, Good Man <heyho@letsgo.com> wrote:

    >Malam <malamilia@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> For some reason the flickerring gets worse at a higher refresh rate.
    >> Is any other setting related to this ? Its like the rate is backwards
    >> or something.
    >> Thanks.
    >
    >dirty electricity?

Radeon Drivers ATI Graphics