Confused about ATI Downloads

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b \ Driver
June 11, 2004 3:28:54 PM

I am confused about the list of ATI Downloads and Drivers. Please
what is the relationship between MMC 9.0, Catalyst 4.5 and the other
drivers posted on the ATI website for use with ATI All-in-wonder
Radeon cards ? I need help to keep track of the various updates.

Thanks.

More about : confused ati downloads

June 12, 2004 1:56:38 AM

Hi,

It does kind of get confusing with so many different drivers, addins and
optional software being updated on a more or less monthly basis, doesn't it?
There is a basic installation order outline noting required/optional
components with ATI download links at our web site, if it might be able to
help you out at all:
http://tastycomputers.com/support/download/ati_drivers....

Hope this helps somewhat.
--
Russell Sullivan
http://tastycomputers.com

"Malam" <malamilia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am confused about the list of ATI Downloads and Drivers. Please
> what is the relationship between MMC 9.0, Catalyst 4.5 and the other
> drivers posted on the ATI website for use with ATI All-in-wonder
> Radeon cards ? I need help to keep track of the various updates.
>
> Thanks.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 12, 2004 1:56:39 AM

Thanks. I've installed the card a few days ago. It looks ok, but I
have not tested all its functions though. Would you advice that I
uninstalled it all and follow the procedure outlined on your website ?
Or just to upgrade the Catalist File?

Thanks.

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:56:38 GMT, "Russell"
<rsullivan@tastycomputersdotcom_replace_dot_with_"."> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>It does kind of get confusing with so many different drivers, addins and
>optional software being updated on a more or less monthly basis, doesn't it?
>There is a basic installation order outline noting required/optional
>components with ATI download links at our web site, if it might be able to
>help you out at all:
>http://tastycomputers.com/support/download/ati_drivers....
>
>Hope this helps somewhat.
Related resources
June 12, 2004 6:16:37 AM

Generally, if you're not replacing a graphics card, especially from a
different manufacturer such as nVidia, and have a fairly recent previous
official version of drivers, you should be OK just installing the newer
version on top of the older version. This works fine 95% of the time, but
the uninstallation/clean installation steps are provided just in case.

--

> Thanks. I've installed the card a few days ago. It looks ok, but I
> have not tested all its functions though. Would you advice that I
> uninstalled it all and follow the procedure outlined on your website ?
> Or just to upgrade the Catalist File?
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:56:38 GMT, "Russell"
> <rsullivan@tastycomputersdotcom_replace_dot_with_"."> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >It does kind of get confusing with so many different drivers, addins and
> >optional software being updated on a more or less monthly basis, doesn't
it?
> >There is a basic installation order outline noting required/optional
> >components with ATI download links at our web site, if it might be able
> >help you out at all:
> >http://tastycomputers.com/support/download/ati_drivers....
> >
> >Hope this helps somewhat.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 12, 2004 6:16:38 AM

Wow! I just completed the installation of the Drivers following the
instructions from your website. The display is stunning. I am
watching TV now - looks a bit more rich than before. I find that the
display is flickering a bit unless I set the refresh rate to 60. Also
I can see some wavy horizontal lines when watching TV - is this some
noise from the cable ? Do I need to do some fine tunning ?

Thanks again.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 02:16:37 GMT, "Russell"
<rsullivan@tastycomputersdotcom_replace_dot_with_"."> wrote:

>Generally, if you're not replacing a graphics card, especially from a
>different manufacturer such as nVidia, and have a fairly recent previous
>official version of drivers, you should be OK just installing the newer
>version on top of the older version. This works fine 95% of the time, but
>the uninstallation/clean installation steps are provided just in case.
June 12, 2004 10:40:46 AM

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 23:18:44 -0400, Malam <malamilia@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I set the refresh rate to 60.
why ?
set it higher and save your eyesight.
June 12, 2004 3:43:06 PM

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 06:40:46 -0400, bp <6ball@comcast.net> wrote:

>> I set the refresh rate to 60.
>why ?
>set it higher and save your eyesight.

Nice example of exactly how not to quote someone's message.
a b \ Driver
June 12, 2004 3:43:07 PM

For some reason the flickerring gets worse at a higher refresh rate.
Is any other setting related to this ? Its like the rate is backwards
or something.
Thanks.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:43:06 +0100, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost> wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 06:40:46 -0400, bp <6ball@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>> I set the refresh rate to 60.
>>why ?
>>set it higher and save your eyesight.
>
>Nice example of exactly how not to quote someone's message.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 12, 2004 3:43:08 PM

> For some reason the flickerring gets worse at a higher refresh rate.
> Is any other setting related to this ? Its like the rate is backwards
> or something.
> Thanks.

dirty electricity?
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 12, 2004 4:40:07 PM

I have the monitor set at a resolution of 1024 x 768 and a refresh
rate of 85HZ which is what the manual for the monitor recommends.
This appears to have the best result even though I would still like to
have it more rock steady. My monitor by the way is a NEC Multisync
FE700+

Thanks all.

!