Backup XP Home: Service Pack 2

Hello,
I purchased a computer that did not come with a Windows XP Home cd.
All the Windows XP Home recovery information is instead stored on a 4GB
Partition known as D drive.

My problem is when ever I have to recover my system (do to other
software problems and Trojans accidentally downloaded) I have to
redownload Service Pack 2 with my 56k connection. To make a long story
short. Redownloading to protect my computer is becoming a major headache.

How can I backup Service Pack 2 on a CD-RW so I won't have to redownload
from the internet again?

So another words, I have to download the IT 266 MB version file with my 56k
connection? OUCH!

Theres no way to copy the Service Pack 2 from my hard drive?

You can download SP-2 and burn to CD or order SP-2 directly from Microsoft.
See step 1 on this link for options:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

RickXP wrote:
> So another words, I have to download the IT 266 MB version file with my 56k
> connection? OUCH!
>
> Theres no way to copy the Service Pack 2 from my hard drive?

You can order a CD from Microsoft with SP2 on it for free.
Go to their site and look around for the SP2 information, they
will have a link where you can order the CD.

Rick;
Or download on another computer with high speed internet access and burn to
CD
Or order the CD.
Installed updates or Service Packs can not be saved for reuse.