XP Home SP2 and Anti-spyware applications

I'm using XP Home SP2 and the lastest versions of Norton SystemWorks and
Norton Internet Security. How well do these Anti-Spyware programs work
alongside both
Nortons. Are there any issues I should be aware of? I've read conflicting
reviews on all these programs. Could someone please provide a detail
response .

Malke

luisillinois wrote:

> I'm using XP Home SP2 and the lastest versions of Norton SystemWorks
> and Norton Internet Security. How well do these Anti-Spyware programs
> work alongside both
> Nortons. Are there any issues I should be aware of? I've read
> conflicting
> reviews on all these programs. Could someone please provide a detail
> response .

You should post your questions in one of the groups specific to the beta
MS AntiSpyware program:

At this time, support for the beta version of Microsoft Windows
AntiSpyware is being provided through the following Microsoft
newsgroups:

- microsoft.private.security.spyware.announcements
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.appcompat
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.install
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity

These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP. To access these
newsgroups using HTTP, please go to the following location:

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

To access these newsgroups using NNTP, please use the following
information for your NNTP client (such as Microsoft Outlook Express):

- NNTP Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
- Account name: privatenews\spyware
- Password: spyware

NOTE: No password will be required via the HTTP link.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

My question does not relate to the MS AntiSpyware program, it is more in
general. For example Ad-aware, Spybot, and others. As mention, I've read
conflicting reviews on each program. Definitely would appreciate a good
response.

"Malke" wrote:

> luisillinois wrote:
>
> > I'm using XP Home SP2 and the lastest versions of Norton SystemWorks
> > and Norton Internet Security. How well do these Anti-Spyware programs
> > work alongside both
> > Nortons. Are there any issues I should be aware of? I've read
> > conflicting
> > reviews on all these programs. Could someone please provide a detail
> > response .
>
> You should post your questions in one of the groups specific to the beta
> MS AntiSpyware program:
>
> At this time, support for the beta version of Microsoft Windows
> AntiSpyware is being provided through the following Microsoft
> newsgroups:
>
> - microsoft.private.security.spyware.announcements
> - microsoft.private.security.spyware.appcompat
> - microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
> - microsoft.private.security.spyware.install
> - microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking
> - microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures
> - microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity
>
> These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP. To access these
> newsgroups using HTTP, please go to the following location:
>
> http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us
>
> To access these newsgroups using NNTP, please use the following
> information for your NNTP client (such as Microsoft Outlook Express):
>
> - NNTP Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
> - Account name: privatenews\spyware
> - Password: spyware
>
> NOTE: No password will be required via the HTTP link.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"

Malke

luisillinois wrote:

> My question does not relate to the MS AntiSpyware program, it is more
> in
> general. For example Ad-aware, Spybot, and others. As mention, I've
> read
> conflicting reviews on each program. Definitely would appreciate a
> good response.

Sorry, I misread your question then. Here's your original post:

"I'm using XP Home SP2 and the lastest versions of Norton SystemWorks
and Norton Internet Security. How well do these Anti-Spyware programs
work alongside both
Nortons.  Are there any issues I should be aware of?  I've read conflicting
reviews on all these programs.  Could someone please provide a detail
response ."

How well do what "Anti-Spyware programs" work? Which programs do you
mean? You didn't specify. If you mean the normal malware removal tools
general recommended by me and others: Spybot Search & Destroy,
Ad-aware, etc. then the answer is "just fine". Post back with a more
specific question about a specific program. What "conflicting reviews"?

Malke