Adding a new resolution to drivers?

Hello
This question is mainly for people who know how to edit regitry or ini files
of catalyst (or omega) driver.

I have a laptop with wxga screen. Native res is 1280x800. But it runs only
at 60Hz. Now I know for lcd refresh rate don't matter, but at 60Hz, my mouse
pointer is NOT smooth. So I want to add 1280x800 @85Hz in drivers (or
registry).

I tried "mobility mod tool", while it adds all other laptop res (like
1280xx768, or 1400x1050) at 75,85,100hz, it only adds 1280x800 at 60Hz :(

I have experience in editing catalyst and omega ini files before, so feel
free to comment.
Can anyone help me out?
1 answer Last reply
More about adding resolution drivers

    Although I can't help, I'd love to know how too...
    "AseStar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > This question is mainly for people who know how to edit regitry or ini
    files
    > of catalyst (or omega) driver.
    >
    > I have a laptop with wxga screen. Native res is 1280x800. But it runs only
    > at 60Hz. Now I know for lcd refresh rate don't matter, but at 60Hz, my
    mouse
    > pointer is NOT smooth. So I want to add 1280x800 @85Hz in drivers (or
    > registry).
    >
    > I tried "mobility mod tool", while it adds all other laptop res (like
    > 1280xx768, or 1400x1050) at 75,85,100hz, it only adds 1280x800 at 60Hz :(
    >
    > I have experience in editing catalyst and omega ini files before, so feel
    > free to comment.
    > Can anyone help me out?

Radeon Graphics