Internet Explorer security warning - I want to bypass it.

I am trying to open a training video online and when the page opens I am
presented with video controls, the usual play FF and rewind.
When I press play I get a security popup with the message....
'Internet Explorer Security Warning'
'Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher
Name - voxacm.CAB
Publisher - unknown publisher'

I assumed the software to be an activex or Java control applet and that I
would be able to disable this popup,(and thereby download the control), but
nothing seems to work. I've checked the trusted zone settings and enabled
everything, also disabled Windows Authentication, to no avail.

Any advice appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer security warning bypass

    How to configure the Pop-up Blocker in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843016

    Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843017

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "DonnieMac" wrote:

    | I am trying to open a training video online and when the page opens I am
    | presented with video controls, the usual play FF and rewind.
    | When I press play I get a security popup with the message....
    | 'Internet Explorer Security Warning'
    | 'Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher
    | Name - voxacm.CAB
    | Publisher - unknown publisher'
    |
    | I assumed the software to be an activex or Java control applet and that I
    | would be able to disable this popup,(and thereby download the control), but
    | nothing seems to work. I've checked the trusted zone settings and enabled
    | everything, also disabled Windows Authentication, to no avail.
    |
    | Any advice appreciated.

    Thanks for the info but neither option seems to offer a solution.

    The popup I'm getting only offers an OK button and it is a system popup as
    opposed to the website generating it. By definition OK is agreeing that the
    software can't be downloaded. I want to tell XP Pro to ignore its suggestion
    and take mine, i.e., download and run the applet, (if thats what it is). The
    popup also appears without the 'information bar' which suggests to me that
    it has nothing to do with the 'information bar'.

    I have the website in the trusted zone and have made sure settings are low
    for this area, although I suppose what I really want is non-existent rather
    than low, medium or high!

    Can I de-activate the information bar and all internet security settings
    even if that means a registry hack?

    I have also checked all the advanced 'internet settings' that seem remotely
    able to influence this but no joy.

    I know this would work in 98SE but having recently moved to XP I don't
    really want to have to take a 'backward' step.

    Any further ideas most appreciated...

    DonnieMac

    > How to configure the Pop-up Blocker in Internet Explorer
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843016
    >
    > Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843017
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    > "DonnieMac" wrote:
    >
    > | I am trying to open a training video online and when the page opens I am
    > | presented with video controls, the usual play FF and rewind.
    > | When I press play I get a security popup with the message....
    > | 'Internet Explorer Security Warning'
    > | 'Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher
    > | Name - voxacm.CAB
    > | Publisher - unknown publisher'
    > |
    > | I assumed the software to be an activex or Java control applet and that
    > | would be able to disable this popup,(and thereby download the control),
    > but
    > | nothing seems to work. I've checked the trusted zone settings and
    > enabled
    > | everything, also disabled Windows Authentication, to no avail.
    > |
    > | Any advice appreciated.

Internet Explorer Security Windows XP