Internet Explorer security warning - I want to bypass it.

I am trying to open a training video online and when the page opens I am
presented with video controls, the usual play FF and rewind.
When I press play I get a security popup with the message....
'Internet Explorer Security Warning'
'Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher
Name - voxacm.CAB
Publisher - unknown publisher'

I assumed the software to be an activex or Java control applet and that I
would be able to disable this popup,(and thereby download the control), but
nothing seems to work. I've checked the trusted zone settings and enabled
everything, also disabled Windows Authentication, to no avail.

Any advice appreciated.

How to configure the Pop-up Blocker in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843016

Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843017

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"DonnieMac" wrote:

| I am trying to open a training video online and when the page opens I am
| presented with video controls, the usual play FF and rewind.
| When I press play I get a security popup with the message....
| 'Internet Explorer Security Warning'
| 'Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher
| Name - voxacm.CAB
| Publisher - unknown publisher'
|
| I assumed the software to be an activex or Java control applet and that I
| would be able to disable this popup,(and thereby download the control), but
| nothing seems to work. I've checked the trusted zone settings and enabled
| everything, also disabled Windows Authentication, to no avail.
|
| Any advice appreciated.

Thanks for the info but neither option seems to offer a solution.

The popup I'm getting only offers an OK button and it is a system popup as
opposed to the website generating it. By definition OK is agreeing that the
software can't be downloaded. I want to tell XP Pro to ignore its suggestion
and take mine, i.e., download and run the applet, (if thats what it is). The
popup also appears without the 'information bar' which suggests to me that
it has nothing to do with the 'information bar'.

I have the website in the trusted zone and have made sure settings are low
for this area, although I suppose what I really want is non-existent rather
than low, medium or high!

Can I de-activate the information bar and all internet security settings
even if that means a registry hack?

I have also checked all the advanced 'internet settings' that seem remotely
able to influence this but no joy.

I know this would work in 98SE but having recently moved to XP I don't
really want to have to take a 'backward' step.

Any further ideas most appreciated...

DonnieMac