Un accessable files / programs

Recently rebuilt drive after HD failure. I loaded all programs and placed my
backed up data onto the drive while accessing the computer without initiating
any accounts. I then created a users account with admin priv and thought I
was "dis allowing" other viewers the files associated with this new account -
In fact it was the files created with the standard administrator account
established during the rebuild. How do I make these available again to the
desktop and to the users. I have all the passwords necessary to logon as the
"administrator". Thanks to all

dvf
1 answer Last reply
More about accessable files programs

    dvanfoss wrote:
    > Recently rebuilt drive after HD failure. I loaded all programs and
    > placed my backed up data onto the drive while accessing the computer
    > without initiating any accounts. I then created a users account with
    > admin priv and thought I was "dis allowing" other viewers the files
    > associated with this new account - In fact it was the files created
    > with the standard administrator account established during the
    > rebuild. How do I make these available again to the desktop and to
    > the users. I have all the passwords necessary to logon as the
    > "administrator". Thanks to all

    Not sure I completely understand your description, but I assume...

    As long as EFS is not involved:

    How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

    How to disable simplified sharing & set permissions
    on a shared folder in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307874

    --
    <- Shenan ->