Un accessable files / programs

Recently rebuilt drive after HD failure. I loaded all programs and placed my
backed up data onto the drive while accessing the computer without initiating
any accounts. I then created a users account with admin priv and thought I
was "dis allowing" other viewers the files associated with this new account -
In fact it was the files created with the standard administrator account
established during the rebuild. How do I make these available again to the
desktop and to the users. I have all the passwords necessary to logon as the
"administrator". Thanks to all

dvf

dvanfoss wrote:
> Recently rebuilt drive after HD failure. I loaded all programs and
> placed my backed up data onto the drive while accessing the computer
> without initiating any accounts. I then created a users account with
> admin priv and thought I was "dis allowing" other viewers the files
> associated with this new account - In fact it was the files created
> with the standard administrator account established during the
> rebuild. How do I make these available again to the desktop and to
> the users. I have all the passwords necessary to logon as the
> "administrator". Thanks to all

Not sure I completely understand your description, but I assume...

As long as EFS is not involved:

How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

How to disable simplified sharing & set permissions
on a shared folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307874

--
<- Shenan ->