Overclocking w/stock 9800 Pro: worth the risk?

I did remove the dried out, flaky white stuff and replace it with Arctic Silver
III. I'm thinking of getting one of the VGA silencers but can't afford it.
More about overclocking stock 9800 worth risk

    "Wblane" <wblane@aol.combotizer> wrote in message
    > I did remove the dried out, flaky white stuff and replace it with Arctic
    Silver
    > III. I'm thinking of getting one of the VGA silencers but can't afford it.
    > -Bill (remove "botizer" to reply via email)

    You can afford a 9800 Pro but not a fan?

    I wouldn't hesistate to overclock the card out of the box. Do it in small
    increments and you'll notice artifacting or crashes way before any
    overheating damage occurs.

    Remember, overclocking should remain *free*.

    "Wblane" <wblane@aol.combotizer> wrote in message
    > I did remove the dried out, flaky white stuff and replace it with Arctic
    Silver
    > III. I'm thinking of getting one of the VGA silencers but can't afford it.
    > -Bill (remove "botizer" to reply via email)

    I'm thinking of getting an arctic cool VGA silencer, but was thinking of trying
    the overclock before I get it (since I'm kinda short of $$$ right now). I
    remember overclocking my 9500 Pro though and it seemed I got minimal framerate
    increase.

    In article <20040613124304.07806.00001041@mb-m06.aol.com>, wblane@aol.combotizer (Wblane) wrote:
    >I did remove the dried out, flaky white stuff and replace it with Arctic Silver
    >III. I'm thinking of getting one of the VGA silencers but can't afford it.
    >-Bill (remove "botizer" to reply via email)
    They are $15 Dollars , what cant you afford?

Radeon Overclocking ATI Graphics