  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 13, 2004 6:29:03 PM

Hello all,
I am needing some help !!!
I have a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Card (BBA), and I am having some
problems.
First when I run the game DeusEx: Invisible War I can see some
problems with the graphics like objects blinking and wrong frames.
In the first place I thought was a game problem. But using the
software ATI Tool ver 0.0.20 I decreased core speed and memory speed
from 378 core and 337 mem to 350 core and 320 mem and the game starts
working fine.
Also using the ATI Tool to find the max core and memory the stable
value is something around 330 core and 315 me.
So why I can´t use the speeds specified on the box and on the website
that should be 380e/340m ?

Following my computer comfiguration:
- A7N8X-E Deluxe
- Atlhon XP2500
- 1Gb DDR400 Corsair
- Power Supply SevenTeam ST350BKV

The current temp inside my case is 29 Celcius

Thanks
Eduardo

More about : ati 9800 pro running

June 14, 2004 2:04:33 AM

First of all is it a retail 'genuine' ATI card or a 3rd party card, which
often use slower ram.

Secondly there's a possibility the heatsink was misapplied and needs new
heatsink compound applied. This is easy to do yourself. Check with your
fingertip how hot the card is running. Might just need better cooling.

Thirdly are possible powersupply/motherboard issues. Raise the AGP voltage
a notch in the bios, and monitor your voltage rails.

rms
June 14, 2004 2:37:19 AM

"ealva" <ealva@directnet.com.br> wrote in message
news:D 43b7d9c.0406131329.427e61c4@posting.google.com...
> Hello all,
> I am needing some help !!!
> I have a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Card (BBA), and I am having some
> problems.
> First when I run the game DeusEx: Invisible War I can see some
> problems with the graphics like objects blinking and wrong frames.
> In the first place I thought was a game problem. But using the
> software ATI Tool ver 0.0.20 I decreased core speed and memory speed
> from 378 core and 337 mem to 350 core and 320 mem and the game starts
> working fine.
> Also using the ATI Tool to find the max core and memory the stable
> value is something around 330 core and 315 me.
> So why I can´t use the speeds specified on the box and on the website
> that should be 380e/340m ?

That's abnormal. My OEM ATI 9800 Pro 128Mb I just got does 415 / 720 without
any artifacting or instability on the stock cooler. Maybe check the fan for
proper operation.
June 14, 2004 3:23:54 AM

"BBA", which I take it means "Built by ATi"

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> First of all is it a retail 'genuine' ATI card or a 3rd party card, which
> often use slower ram.
>
> Secondly there's a possibility the heatsink was misapplied and needs new
> heatsink compound applied. This is easy to do yourself. Check with your
> fingertip how hot the card is running. Might just need better cooling.
>
> Thirdly are possible powersupply/motherboard issues. Raise the AGP
voltage
> a notch in the bios, and monitor your voltage rails.
>
> rms

June 15, 2004 1:41:46 PM

are you sure its a 9800 pro ? those speeds are just over a 9700 pro ! if you
bought it secondhand i'd suspect a 9700 pro flashed with a 9800 pro bios.

"ealva" <ealva@directnet.com.br> wrote in message
news:D 43b7d9c.0406131329.427e61c4@posting.google.com...
> Hello all,
> I am needing some help !!!
> I have a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Card (BBA), and I am having some
> problems.
> First when I run the game DeusEx: Invisible War I can see some
> problems with the graphics like objects blinking and wrong frames.
> In the first place I thought was a game problem. But using the
> software ATI Tool ver 0.0.20 I decreased core speed and memory speed
> from 378 core and 337 mem to 350 core and 320 mem and the game starts
> working fine.
> Also using the ATI Tool to find the max core and memory the stable
> value is something around 330 core and 315 me.
> So why I can´t use the speeds specified on the box and on the website
> that should be 380e/340m ?
>
> Following my computer comfiguration:
> - A7N8X-E Deluxe
> - Atlhon XP2500
> - 1Gb DDR400 Corsair
> - Power Supply SevenTeam ST350BKV
>
> The current temp inside my case is 29 Celcius
>
> Thanks
> Eduardo
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 2:54:58 AM

If this is true . there is a sure way of finding out what core you have .
Ati has it on there site you can identify your card here
http://apps.ati.com/102lookup/index.asp
Just get the P/N ON THE BACK of card
http://www.ati.com/support/identify/prodprobreport.html

!