Does my ATI card support DVI monitors?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.computer (More info?)

Hi.

If anyone has the same card as me, I'd be grateful for your advice as
to whether or not the card supports DVI monitors?

I have the Sapphire ATI 9600 AIW Pro card. On the box it says it
supports it, however I don't see any 24 pin connectors on the actual
card or parts hangings form it. It just seems to have the two VGA
outputs as well as the AV connectors S-Video and the TV and Radio
inputs.

If you can let me know if this does or doesn't or if it needs some
sort of cable/accessory to be able to do it, I'd be grateful.

Cheers

John

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.computer (More info?)

If Sapphire's AIW 9600 pro is like ATI's own, then it does not support DVI
montors. ATI AIW9600 pro only support two analog VGA monitors.

"John" <count@duckula.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> If anyone has the same card as me, I'd be grateful for your advice as
> to whether or not the card supports DVI monitors?
>
> I have the Sapphire ATI 9600 AIW Pro card. On the box it says it
> supports it, however I don't see any 24 pin connectors on the actual
> card or parts hangings form it. It just seems to have the two VGA
> outputs as well as the AV connectors S-Video and the TV and Radio
> inputs.
>
> If you can let me know if this does or doesn't or if it needs some
> sort of cable/accessory to be able to do it, I'd be grateful.
>
> Cheers
>
> John

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.computer (More info?)

"John" <count@duckula.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> If anyone has the same card as me, I'd be grateful for your advice as
> to whether or not the card supports DVI monitors?
>
> I have the Sapphire ATI 9600 AIW Pro card. On the box it says it
> supports it, however I don't see any 24 pin connectors on the actual
> card or parts hangings form it. It just seems to have the two VGA
> outputs as well as the AV connectors S-Video and the TV and Radio
> inputs.
>
> If you can let me know if this does or doesn't or if it needs some
> sort of cable/accessory to be able to do it, I'd be grateful.
>
> Cheers

No DV output on this card. Hopefully your monitor accepts analog input and
not just digital.

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 00:40:50 GMT, "Augustus" <tiberius@weeik.com>
wrote:

>"John" <count@duckula.com> wrote in message
>> Hi.
>>
>> If anyone has the same card as me, I'd be grateful for your advice as
>> to whether or not the card supports DVI monitors?
>>
>> I have the Sapphire ATI 9600 AIW Pro card. On the box it says it
>> supports it, however I don't see any 24 pin connectors on the actual
>> card or parts hangings form it. It just seems to have the two VGA
>> outputs as well as the AV connectors S-Video and the TV and Radio
>> inputs.
>>
>> If you can let me know if this does or doesn't or if it needs some
>> sort of cable/accessory to be able to do it, I'd be grateful.
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>No DV output on this card. Hopefully your monitor accepts analog input and
>not just digital.

Thanks. I don't suppose it makes much of a difference anyway. The
monitor Im going to get has both. Maybe I can get a new card in a
year or so anyhow that supports it.

Cheers

John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.computer (More info?)

>Thanks. I don't suppose it makes much of a difference anyway. The
>monitor Im going to get has both. Maybe I can get a new card in a
>year or so anyhow that supports it.
>
>Cheers
>
>John

A lot of websites especially here in the UK that sell these cards say
that it does have DVI output, so it's not too great. I'm sure they
could get into trouble for false advertising.

John