Can you run FarCry full deail with a 9800 Pro and Barton 3..

I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.

With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?

Thanks.
29 answers Last reply
More about farcry full deail 9800 barton

    We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:

    > I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
    > cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.
    >
    > With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
    > expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    P4 northy, 13 multiplier, 3.37 Ghz., 1gig mem
    x800pro.....

    It slugs around on my system too....of course I run at 1900x1200.
    At 1280x768 it's a dream (well, except for the low res graphics)

    Jeff B

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:28:58 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the
    One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

    >I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
    >cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.
    >
    >With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
    >expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?

    I play with all SETTINGS on max (except Shadows, on 2nd highest, since
    its not that much better) with my 9800Pro.... AMD 2500 CPU (nothing
    overclocked).

    Consider an X800 (Non Pro) for perhaps $250 or so,,, who knows.

    But 9800Pros (by ATI) are selling for $200 nowadays. NON ATI brand
    9800Pros may nOT be true PROs.

    - - - - -
    Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

    - 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
    - White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
    God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

    223FSB, 2.2Gig barton, 9800pro...

    with all on max, the game is between "about playable" and "barely playable",
    depending on the complexity of the scene, but generaly, if I want decent and
    constantly pleasant framerate, I have to cut the details quite a bit. So, If
    I were you, I would wait for a while, and get a x800.

    --
    v.

    I second that with a 9800pro 213fsb/2.33g barton. Check recent posts and
    you'll see all kinds of this info.

    "Vedran Parac" <privremena.adresa@email.htnet.hr> wrote in message
    > 223FSB, 2.2Gig barton, 9800pro...
    >
    > with all on max, the game is between "about playable" and "barely
    playable",
    > depending on the complexity of the scene, but generaly, if I want decent
    and
    > constantly pleasant framerate, I have to cut the details quite a bit. So,
    If
    > I were you, I would wait for a while, and get a x800.
    >
    > --
    > v.

    XP1800, 384 MB PC133, 9800Pro. I get 16-20 fps in Far Cry Demo 2 outdoors,
    and about 30-35 indoors at 1024x768 no AA. This is with everything set to
    Very High and true water reflections + sunshine enabled.

    "We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
    message news:gbvqc0973kdu0ka3s4mlgvvgd39dusik91@4ax.com...

    > I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
    > cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.
    >
    > With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
    > expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Geeeeeeeeeeeeez, i am going to wait for my dual or Quad Dual Core Cpu
    mobo and and plonk some 3ghz dual Core Amd Cpus in it :)

    And a PCI Express Video card, and 3 Gigs Of DDR3 ram :0

    Thats what you will need to play Doom 3 and halflife 2 the way they
    should be I HATE technology :)

    Thanks.

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 03:29:51 GMT, "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >XP1800, 384 MB PC133, 9800Pro. I get 16-20 fps in Far Cry Demo 2 outdoors,
    >and about 30-35 indoors at 1024x768 no AA. This is with everything set to
    >Very High and true water reflections + sunshine enabled.

    Screw that. I'm getting the BitBoys Acceleon G30!

    "We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
    message news:ci8uc0dmkb745rbfv7opdlgj9q3ce1fl9o@4ax.com...

    "Sept1967" <sept1967@highstream(remove).net> wrote in message
    > Didn't consider myself old,
    >
    > Until you brought it up...
    >
    > Thanks :)

    Old dood here too (April 1964) running 9800xt on a P4 3.2 o/c @ 3.8 gig with
    1 gig Corsair mem. U2XMP is my game tho, and that runs sweet on my 22" CRT
    at 1600 x 1200 and everything up to the max ;)

    regards,

    Dion L Heap
    www.thetophouse.com

    Sept1967 wrote:
    > Didn't consider myself old,
    >
    > Until you brought it up...
    >
    > Thanks :)

    Relax,

    Feb1948.

    ;-)

    Bioboffin wrote:
    > Sept1967 wrote:
    >> Didn't consider myself old,
    >>
    >> Until you brought it up...
    >>
    >> Thanks :)
    >>

    > Relax,
    >
    > Feb1948.
    >
    > ;-)

    That makes me feel a bit better! July 1954 :)
    McG.

    > Bioboffin wrote:
    > > Sept1967 wrote:
    > >> Didn't consider myself old,
    > >>
    > >> Until you brought it up...
    > >>
    > >> Thanks :)
    > >>

    > > Relax,
    > >
    > > Feb1948.
    > >
    > > ;-)
    >
    > That makes me feel a bit better! July 1954 :)
    > McG.

    August 1953, here!

    On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:16:12 -0500, "3_D" <dennis_darrell@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >"McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Bioboffin wrote:

    >> > Relax,
    >> >
    >> > Feb1948.
    >> >
    >> > ;-)
    >>
    >> That makes me feel a bit better! July 1954 :)
    >> McG.
    >>

    >August 1953, here!

    Cor, what a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears striplings! August 1947
    here. But I'm sure there are people older than me posting here...

    patrickp

    3_D wrote:
    >> Bioboffin wrote:

    >>> Relax,
    >>>
    >>> Feb1948.
    >>>
    >>> ;-)
    >>
    >> That makes me feel a bit better! July 1954 :)
    >> McG.
    >>

    > August 1953, here!

    Well, looks like it isn't all a bunch of youngsters building, tweaking
    and playing games these days! That's really cool!
    McG.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    patrickp wrote:
    > On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:16:12 -0500, "3_D" <dennis_darrell@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> That makes me feel a bit better! July 1954 :)
    >>> McG.
    >>>

    >> August 1953, here!
    >>

    > Cor, what a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears striplings! August 1947
    > here. But I'm sure there are people older than me posting here...
    >
    > patrickp
    >
    > patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

    Hey, that's great Patrick! You play Far Cry too?! Oh, I really like
    NOT being the oldest one in the crowd :)
    McG.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:19:56 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

    >3_D wrote:
    >> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> That makes me feel a bit better! July 1954 :)
    >>> McG.

    >> August 1953, here!

    >Well, looks like it isn't all a bunch of youngsters building, tweaking
    >and playing games these days! That's really cool!
    >McG.

    January 1941, <3 still going strong, and still 'kickin !
    BoroLad
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    <borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:19:56 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    > <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>3_D wrote:
    >>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> August 1953, here!
    >
    >>Well, looks like it isn't all a bunch of youngsters building, tweaking
    >>and playing games these days! That's really cool!
    >>McG.
    >
    > January 1941, <3 still going strong, and still 'kickin !
    > BoroLad

    Crikey I'm young(ish) April 1963 here - looks like this NG is the place to
    come for some wise advice for us *young-uns* ;o)

    BillL
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    Bill Larcombe wrote:
    > <borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:19:56 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    >> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

    >>> Well, looks like it isn't all a bunch of youngsters building,
    >>> tweaking and playing games these days! That's really cool!
    >>> McG.
    >>
    >> January 1941, <3 still going strong, and still 'kickin !
    >> BoroLad
    >
    > Crikey I'm young(ish) April 1963 here - looks like this NG is the
    > place to come for some wise advice for us *young-uns* ;o)
    >
    > BillL

    It must be pleasant to be able to say that at 41, isn't it? ;)
    McG.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:26:23 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

    >Bill Larcombe wrote:
    >> <borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message

    >>> January 1941, <3 still going strong, and still 'kickin !
    >>> BoroLad

    >> Crikey I'm young(ish) April 1963 here - looks like this NG is the
    >> place to come for some wise advice for us *young-uns* ;o)

    >> BillL

    >It must be pleasant to be able to say that at 41, isn't it? ;)
    >McG.

    I tend to tell people I'm 21-and-a-bit. I just don't tell them how big
    the bit is - but it's the same as my waist size and at least twice my
    neck

    BoroLad
  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:21:05 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

    >patrickp wrote:
    >> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:16:12 -0500, "3_D" <dennis_darrell@hotmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> August 1953, here!
    >>>

    >> Cor, what a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears striplings! August 1947
    >> here. But I'm sure there are people older than me posting here...
    >>
    >> patrickp
    >>
    >> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
    >
    >Hey, that's great Patrick! You play Far Cry too?! Oh, I really like
    >NOT being the oldest one in the crowd :)
    >McG.

    No, not really a games player, McG, but just dropped in on that part
    of the thread. Hm, maybe I should adopt you instead of you adopting
    me? Why, you're not even 50 yet! :-)))

    patrickp

  20. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    patrickp wrote:
    > On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:21:05 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    > <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> patrickp wrote:

    >>> Cor, what a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears striplings! August 1947
    >>> here. But I'm sure there are people older than me posting here...
    >>>
    >>> patrickp
    >>>
    >>> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
    >>
    >> Hey, that's great Patrick! You play Far Cry too?! Oh, I really
    >> like NOT being the oldest one in the crowd :)
    >> McG.
    >>

    > No, not really a games player, McG, but just dropped in on that part
    > of the thread. Hm, maybe I should adopt you instead of you adopting
    > me? Why, you're not even 50 yet! :-)))
    >
    > patrickp
    >
    > patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

    Two weeks! Two stinkin weeks! Then I'll be at the top o th hill ;)
    McG.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:45:35 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

    >patrickp wrote:
    >> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:21:05 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    >> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

    >>> Hey, that's great Patrick! You play Far Cry too?! Oh, I really
    >>> like NOT being the oldest one in the crowd :)
    >>> McG.
    >>>

    >> No, not really a games player, McG, but just dropped in on that part
    >> of the thread. Hm, maybe I should adopt you instead of you adopting
    >> me? Why, you're not even 50 yet! :-)))
    >>
    >> patrickp
    >>
    >> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
    >
    >Two weeks! Two stinkin weeks! Then I'll be at the top o th hill ;)
    >McG.

    AIR it didn't actually feel any different.

    patrickp

  22. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    1941 ??? DIE ALREADY, stop hogin the worlds resorses and give it to
    someone younger :)

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:02:58 +0100, borolad@myowseintheboro.org wrote:

    >On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:26:23 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    ><McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Bill Larcombe wrote:
    >>> <borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message

    >>> Crikey I'm young(ish) April 1963 here - looks like this NG is the
    >>> place to come for some wise advice for us *young-uns* ;o)
    >
    >>> BillL
    >
    >>It must be pleasant to be able to say that at 41, isn't it? ;)
    >>McG.
    >
    >I tend to tell people I'm 21-and-a-bit. I just don't tell them how big
    >the bit is - but it's the same as my waist size and at least twice my
    >neck
    >
    >BoroLad
  23. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    >1941 ??? DIE ALREADY, stop hogin the worlds resorses and give it to
    >someone younger :)

    Why ?, I can still drink more, shag longer, first on the fight scene
    and as you wife said to me in bed this morning I'm quite magical
    compared to young people who think it's for stirring their tea with!

    BoroLad, |-O
  24. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    patrickp wrote:
    > On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:45:35 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    > <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> patrickp wrote:

    >>> No, not really a games player, McG, but just dropped in on that part
    >>> of the thread. Hm, maybe I should adopt you instead of you adopting
    >>> me? Why, you're not even 50 yet! :-)))
    >>>
    >>> patrickp
    >>>
    >>> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
    >>
    >> Two weeks! Two stinkin weeks! Then I'll be at the top o th hill ;)
    >> McG.
    >>

    > AIR it didn't actually feel any different.
    >
    > patrickp
    >
    > patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

    Yeah, I expect it's just another mile marker :)
    McG.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    We Live for the One we Die for the One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

    > I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
    > cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.

    > With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
    > expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?

    > Thanks.

    How about 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) on an Athlon XP 2200+? With Windows XP
    Professional SP1 (all updates) and 1 GB of RAM. I cannot get a smooth
    game at 1152x864 resolution with all details maxxed, anistropic at 4x,
    and antialias at 2x.

    --
    "What is it all but a trouble of ants... In the gleam of a million...
    million of suns? --Alfred Lord Tennyson
    | |o o| | E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
    \ _ / Be sure you removed ANT from e-mail address if you get
    ( ) a returned e-mail.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote in message
    > We Live for the One we Die for the One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
    >
    > > I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
    > > cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.
    >
    > > With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
    > > expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?
    >
    > > Thanks.
    >
    > How about 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) on an Athlon XP 2200+? With Windows XP
    > Professional SP1 (all updates) and 1 GB of RAM. I cannot get a smooth
    > game at 1152x864 resolution with all details maxxed, anistropic at 4x,
    > and antialias at 2x.

    FWIW, I run FC just fine (low settings) this PC:

    AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (1.67GHz)
    ECS Elitegroup K7S5A v.3.1 Mainboard (SiS735 Chip Set)
    640 Megs of PC2100 266MHz DDR SDRAM. (512+128)
    ATi AIW Radeon 8500DV 64 Megs
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional w/SP1

    Only problem I have is with online play but that is a bug that should be
    smashed with the upcoming 1.2 patch (I hope). I also understand that 1 gig
    of ram would be better but 512 is bare minimum for FC.

    Good luck.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    Can you get a smooth game at 1024 by 768 ? if so play it in that
    resolution, going to play mine at 1600 by 1200 when i get my Mobile
    Barton 2500 running at 1.7ghz and my Radeon 9800 Pro Extream :) max
    detailts EVERYTHING ill see if it works at a decent framrate or not :)

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:32:48 -0500, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

    >We Live for the One we Die for the One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >> I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
    >> cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.
    >
    >> With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
    >> expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?
    >
    >> Thanks.
    >
    >How about 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) on an Athlon XP 2200+? With Windows XP
    >Professional SP1 (all updates) and 1 GB of RAM. I cannot get a smooth
    >game at 1152x864 resolution with all details maxxed, anistropic at 4x,
    >and antialias at 2x.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    Scott Backular <paulm@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

    > Can you get a smooth game at 1024 by 768 ? if so play it in that
    > resolution, going to play mine at 1600 by 1200 when i get my Mobile
    > Barton 2500 running at 1.7ghz and my Radeon 9800 Pro Extream :) max
    > detailts EVERYTHING ill see if it works at a decent framrate or not :)

    Nope with everything cranked up. It is mostly the outdoor levels
    that are choppy. Lowering details make the game uglier =). You can see my
    detailed computer specifications on
    http://alpha.zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/about/computers.txt :).

    --
    "What is it all but a trouble of ants... In the gleam of a million...
    million of suns? --Alfred Lord Tennyson
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phillip Pi (Ant) @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx
    | |o o| | E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
    \ _ / Be sure you removed ANT from e-mail address if you get
    ( ) a returned e-mail.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    1 Gig runs fine :) only pc2100 here but ive overclocked the FSb to 145
    alittle extra power alittle :/

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 03:58:39 GMT, "Gonzo" <rmurphree@hot.rr.com>
    wrote:

    ><ANTant@zimage.com> wrote in message
    >> We Live for the One we Die for the One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
    >>
    >> > I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
    >> > cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.
    >>
    >> > With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
    >> > expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?
    >>
    >> > Thanks.
    >>
    >> How about 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) on an Athlon XP 2200+? With Windows XP
    >> Professional SP1 (all updates) and 1 GB of RAM. I cannot get a smooth
    >> game at 1152x864 resolution with all details maxxed, anistropic at 4x,
    >> and antialias at 2x.
    >
    >FWIW, I run FC just fine (low settings) this PC:
    >
    >AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (1.67GHz)
    >ECS Elitegroup K7S5A v.3.1 Mainboard (SiS735 Chip Set)
    >640 Megs of PC2100 266MHz DDR SDRAM. (512+128)
    >ATi AIW Radeon 8500DV 64 Megs
    >Microsoft Windows XP Professional w/SP1
    >
    >Only problem I have is with online play but that is a bug that should be
    >smashed with the upcoming 1.2 patch (I hope). I also understand that 1 gig
    >of ram would be better but 512 is bare minimum for FC.
    >
    >Good luck.

Radeon Graphics