Can you run FarCry full deail with a 9800 Pro and Barton 3..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 15, 2004 12:28:58 AM

I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.

With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?

Thanks.
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 1:59:57 AM

We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:

> I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
> cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.
>
> With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
> expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?
>
> Thanks.

P4 northy, 13 multiplier, 3.37 Ghz., 1gig mem
x800pro.....

It slugs around on my system too....of course I run at 1900x1200.
At 1280x768 it's a dream (well, except for the low res graphics)

Jeff B
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 2:07:26 AM

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:28:58 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the
One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
>cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.
>
>With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
>expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?

I play with all SETTINGS on max (except Shadows, on 2nd highest, since
its not that much better) with my 9800Pro.... AMD 2500 CPU (nothing
overclocked).

Consider an X800 (Non Pro) for perhaps $250 or so,,, who knows.

But 9800Pros (by ATI) are selling for $200 nowadays. NON ATI brand
9800Pros may nOT be true PROs.

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 5:53:28 AM

223FSB, 2.2Gig barton, 9800pro...

with all on max, the game is between "about playable" and "barely playable",
depending on the complexity of the scene, but generaly, if I want decent and
constantly pleasant framerate, I have to cut the details quite a bit. So, If
I were you, I would wait for a while, and get a x800.

--
v.
Anonymous

I second that with a 9800pro 213fsb/2.33g barton. Check recent posts and
you'll see all kinds of this info.

"Vedran Parac" <privremena.adresa@email.htnet.hr> wrote in message
> 223FSB, 2.2Gig barton, 9800pro...
>
> with all on max, the game is between "about playable" and "barely
playable",
> depending on the complexity of the scene, but generaly, if I want decent
and
> constantly pleasant framerate, I have to cut the details quite a bit. So,
If
> I were you, I would wait for a while, and get a x800.
>
> --
> v.

Anonymous
June 15, 2004 7:29:51 AM

XP1800, 384 MB PC133, 9800Pro. I get 16-20 fps in Far Cry Demo 2 outdoors,
and about 30-35 indoors at 1024x768 no AA. This is with everything set to
Very High and true water reflections + sunshine enabled.

"We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:gbvqc0973kdu0ka3s4mlgvvgd39dusik91@4ax.com...

> I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
> cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.
>
> With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
> expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
June 16, 2004 6:25:15 AM

Geeeeeeeeeeeeez, i am going to wait for my dual or Quad Dual Core Cpu
mobo and and plonk some 3ghz dual Core Amd Cpus in it :)

And a PCI Express Video card, and 3 Gigs Of DDR3 ram :0

Thats what you will need to play Doom 3 and halflife 2 the way they
should be I HATE technology :)

Thanks.

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 03:29:51 GMT, "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>XP1800, 384 MB PC133, 9800Pro. I get 16-20 fps in Far Cry Demo 2 outdoors,
>and about 30-35 indoors at 1024x768 no AA. This is with everything set to
>Very High and true water reflections + sunshine enabled.
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 6:39:03 AM

Screw that. I'm getting the BitBoys Acceleon G30!

"We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:ci8uc0dmkb745rbfv7opdlgj9q3ce1fl9o@4ax.com...

> Geeeeeeeeeeeeez, i am going to wait for my dual or Quad Dual Core Cpu
> mobo and and plonk some 3ghz dual Core Amd Cpus in it :)
>
> And a PCI Express Video card, and 3 Gigs Of DDR3 ram :0
>

> Thats what you will need to play Doom 3 and halflife 2 the way they
> should be I HATE technology :)
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 03:29:51 GMT, "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >XP1800, 384 MB PC133, 9800Pro. I get 16-20 fps in Far Cry Demo 2
outdoors,
> >and about 30-35 indoors at 1024x768 no AA. This is with everything set to
> >Very High and true water reflections + sunshine enabled.

Anonymous
June 19, 2004 7:38:51 AM

"Sept1967" <sept1967@highstream(remove).net> wrote in message
> Didn't consider myself old,
>
> Until you brought it up...
>
> Thanks :)

Old dood here too (April 1964) running 9800xt on a P4 3.2 o/c @ 3.8 gig with
1 gig Corsair mem. U2XMP is my game tho, and that runs sweet on my 22" CRT
at 1600 x 1200 and everything up to the max ;)

regards,

Dion L Heap
www.thetophouse.com
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 6:34:31 PM

Sept1967 wrote:
> Didn't consider myself old,
>
> Until you brought it up...
>
> Thanks :)

Relax,

Feb1948.

;-)
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 6:52:14 PM

Bioboffin wrote:
> Sept1967 wrote:
>> Didn't consider myself old,
>>
>> Until you brought it up...
>>
>> Thanks :)
>>

> Relax,
>
> Feb1948.
>
> ;-)

That makes me feel a bit better! July 1954 :)
McG.
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 7:16:12 PM

> Bioboffin wrote:
> > Sept1967 wrote:
> >> Didn't consider myself old,
> >>
> >> Until you brought it up...
> >>
> >> Thanks :)
> >>

> > Relax,
> >
> > Feb1948.
> >
> > ;-)
>
> That makes me feel a bit better! July 1954 :)
> McG.

August 1953, here!
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 2:29:21 AM

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:16:12 -0500, "3_D" <dennis_darrell@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Bioboffin wrote:

>> > Relax,
>> >
>> > Feb1948.
>> >
>> > ;-)
>>
>> That makes me feel a bit better! July 1954 :)
>> McG.
>>

>August 1953, here!

Cor, what a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears striplings! August 1947
here. But I'm sure there are people older than me posting here...

patrickp

June 20, 2004 6:19:56 AM

3_D wrote:
>> Bioboffin wrote:

>>> Relax,
>>>
>>> Feb1948.
>>>
>>> ;-)
>>
>> That makes me feel a bit better! July 1954 :)
>> McG.
>>

> August 1953, here!

Well, looks like it isn't all a bunch of youngsters building, tweaking
and playing games these days! That's really cool!
McG.
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 6:21:05 AM

patrickp wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:16:12 -0500, "3_D" <dennis_darrell@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> That makes me feel a bit better! July 1954 :)
>>> McG.
>>>

>> August 1953, here!
>>

> Cor, what a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears striplings! August 1947
> here. But I'm sure there are people older than me posting here...
>
> patrickp
>
> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

Hey, that's great Patrick! You play Far Cry too?! Oh, I really like
NOT being the oldest one in the crowd :)
McG.
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 12:33:01 PM

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:19:56 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>3_D wrote:
>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> That makes me feel a bit better! July 1954 :)
>>> McG.

>> August 1953, here!

>Well, looks like it isn't all a bunch of youngsters building, tweaking
>and playing games these days! That's really cool!
>McG.

January 1941, <3 still going strong, and still 'kickin !
BoroLad
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 5:07:25 PM

<borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:19:56 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>3_D wrote:
>>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> August 1953, here!
>
>>Well, looks like it isn't all a bunch of youngsters building, tweaking
>>and playing games these days! That's really cool!
>>McG.
>
> January 1941, <3 still going strong, and still 'kickin !
> BoroLad

Crikey I'm young(ish) April 1963 here - looks like this NG is the place to
come for some wise advice for us *young-uns* ;o)

BillL
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 8:26:23 PM

Bill Larcombe wrote:
> <borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:19:56 GMT, "McGrandpa"
>> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Well, looks like it isn't all a bunch of youngsters building,
>>> tweaking and playing games these days! That's really cool!
>>> McG.
>>
>> January 1941, <3 still going strong, and still 'kickin !
>> BoroLad
>
> Crikey I'm young(ish) April 1963 here - looks like this NG is the
> place to come for some wise advice for us *young-uns* ;o)
>
> BillL

It must be pleasant to be able to say that at 41, isn't it? ;)
McG.
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 10:02:58 PM

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:26:23 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>Bill Larcombe wrote:
>> <borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message

>>> January 1941, <3 still going strong, and still 'kickin !
>>> BoroLad

>> Crikey I'm young(ish) April 1963 here - looks like this NG is the
>> place to come for some wise advice for us *young-uns* ;o)

>> BillL

>It must be pleasant to be able to say that at 41, isn't it? ;)
>McG.

I tend to tell people I'm 21-and-a-bit. I just don't tell them how big
the bit is - but it's the same as my waist size and at least twice my
neck

BoroLad
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 11:09:25 PM

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:21:05 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>patrickp wrote:
>> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:16:12 -0500, "3_D" <dennis_darrell@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> August 1953, here!
>>>

>> Cor, what a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears striplings! August 1947
>> here. But I'm sure there are people older than me posting here...
>>
>> patrickp
>>
>> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
>
>Hey, that's great Patrick! You play Far Cry too?! Oh, I really like
>NOT being the oldest one in the crowd :)
>McG.

No, not really a games player, McG, but just dropped in on that part
of the thread. Hm, maybe I should adopt you instead of you adopting
me? Why, you're not even 50 yet! :-)))

patrickp

June 20, 2004 11:45:35 PM

patrickp wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:21:05 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> patrickp wrote:

>>> Cor, what a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears striplings! August 1947
>>> here. But I'm sure there are people older than me posting here...
>>>
>>> patrickp
>>>
>>> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
>>
>> Hey, that's great Patrick! You play Far Cry too?! Oh, I really
>> like NOT being the oldest one in the crowd :)
>> McG.
>>

> No, not really a games player, McG, but just dropped in on that part
> of the thread. Hm, maybe I should adopt you instead of you adopting
> me? Why, you're not even 50 yet! :-)))
>
> patrickp
>
> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

Two weeks! Two stinkin weeks! Then I'll be at the top o th hill ;)
McG.
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 4:22:59 AM

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:45:35 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>patrickp wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:21:05 GMT, "McGrandpa"
>> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hey, that's great Patrick! You play Far Cry too?! Oh, I really
>>> like NOT being the oldest one in the crowd :)
>>> McG.
>>>

>> No, not really a games player, McG, but just dropped in on that part
>> of the thread. Hm, maybe I should adopt you instead of you adopting
>> me? Why, you're not even 50 yet! :-)))
>>
>> patrickp
>>
>> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
>
>Two weeks! Two stinkin weeks! Then I'll be at the top o th hill ;)
>McG.

AIR it didn't actually feel any different.

patrickp

June 21, 2004 8:21:17 AM

1941 ??? DIE ALREADY, stop hogin the worlds resorses and give it to
someone younger :)

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:02:58 +0100, borolad@myowseintheboro.org wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:26:23 GMT, "McGrandpa"
><McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Bill Larcombe wrote:
>>> <borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message

>>> Crikey I'm young(ish) April 1963 here - looks like this NG is the
>>> place to come for some wise advice for us *young-uns* ;o)
>
>>> BillL
>
>>It must be pleasant to be able to say that at 41, isn't it? ;)
>>McG.
>
>I tend to tell people I'm 21-and-a-bit. I just don't tell them how big
>the bit is - but it's the same as my waist size and at least twice my
>neck
>
>BoroLad
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 8:21:18 AM

>1941 ??? DIE ALREADY, stop hogin the worlds resorses and give it to
>someone younger :)

Why ?, I can still drink more, shag longer, first on the fight scene
and as you wife said to me in bed this morning I'm quite magical
compared to young people who think it's for stirring their tea with!

BoroLad, |-O
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 8:21:53 AM

patrickp wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:45:35 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> patrickp wrote:

>>> No, not really a games player, McG, but just dropped in on that part
>>> of the thread. Hm, maybe I should adopt you instead of you adopting
>>> me? Why, you're not even 50 yet! :-)))
>>>
>>> patrickp
>>>
>>> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
>>
>> Two weeks! Two stinkin weeks! Then I'll be at the top o th hill ;)
>> McG.
>>

> AIR it didn't actually feel any different.
>
> patrickp
>
> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

Yeah, I expect it's just another mile marker :)
McG.
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 2:32:48 AM

We Live for the One we Die for the One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
> cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.

> With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
> expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?

> Thanks.

How about 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) on an Athlon XP 2200+? With Windows XP
Professional SP1 (all updates) and 1 GB of RAM. I cannot get a smooth
game at 1152x864 resolution with all details maxxed, anistropic at 4x,
and antialias at 2x.

--
"What is it all but a trouble of ants... In the gleam of a million...
million of suns? --Alfred Lord Tennyson
| |o o| | E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
\ _ / Be sure you removed ANT from e-mail address if you get
( ) a returned e-mail.
June 22, 2004 7:58:39 AM

<ANTant@zimage.com> wrote in message
> We Live for the One we Die for the One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
> > I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
> > cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.
>
> > With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
> > expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?
>
> > Thanks.
>
> How about 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) on an Athlon XP 2200+? With Windows XP
> Professional SP1 (all updates) and 1 GB of RAM. I cannot get a smooth
> game at 1152x864 resolution with all details maxxed, anistropic at 4x,
> and antialias at 2x.

FWIW, I run FC just fine (low settings) this PC:

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (1.67GHz)
ECS Elitegroup K7S5A v.3.1 Mainboard (SiS735 Chip Set)
640 Megs of PC2100 266MHz DDR SDRAM. (512+128)
ATi AIW Radeon 8500DV 64 Megs
Microsoft Windows XP Professional w/SP1

Only problem I have is with online play but that is a bug that should be
smashed with the upcoming 1.2 patch (I hope). I also understand that 1 gig
of ram would be better but 512 is bare minimum for FC.

Good luck.
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 3:42:27 AM

Can you get a smooth game at 1024 by 768 ? if so play it in that
resolution, going to play mine at 1600 by 1200 when i get my Mobile
Barton 2500 running at 1.7ghz and my Radeon 9800 Pro Extream :)  max
detailts EVERYTHING ill see if it works at a decent framrate or not :)

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:32:48 -0500, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

>We Live for the One we Die for the One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I tried it with my 9600 Pro and Xp 2400 cpu and it plays i get all the
>> cool shadows and such makes the game look great but it slugs arround.
>
>> With a 9800 Pro and Barton 3200 and PC 3200 ram 200fsb what can i
>> expect FPS wise for an average and maxium ?
>
>> Thanks.
>
>How about 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) on an Athlon XP 2200+? With Windows XP
>Professional SP1 (all updates) and 1 GB of RAM. I cannot get a smooth
>game at 1152x864 resolution with all details maxxed, anistropic at 4x,
>and antialias at 2x.
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 3:42:28 AM

Scott Backular <paulm@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Can you get a smooth game at 1024 by 768 ? if so play it in that
> resolution, going to play mine at 1600 by 1200 when i get my Mobile
> Barton 2500 running at 1.7ghz and my Radeon 9800 Pro Extream :)  max
> detailts EVERYTHING ill see if it works at a decent framrate or not :)

Nope with everything cranked up. It is mostly the outdoor levels
that are choppy. Lowering details make the game uglier =). You can see my
detailed computer specifications on
http://alpha.zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/about/computers.tx... :) .

--
"What is it all but a trouble of ants... In the gleam of a million...
million of suns? --Alfred Lord Tennyson
/\___/\
/ /\ /\ \ Phillip Pi (Ant) @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx
| |o o| | E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
\ _ / Be sure you removed ANT from e-mail address if you get
( ) a returned e-mail.
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 3:43:29 AM

1 Gig runs fine :)  only pc2100 here but ive overclocked the FSb to 145
alittle extra power alittle :/

!