what version of Windows Media Encoder is installed?

ATI instructions for installing MMC say that Windows Media Encoder 9.0 must
be installed.

Question: how can I determine what version of Windows Media Encoder is
installed on my computer?

TIA.
5 answers Last reply
More about what version windows media encoder installed

    You wrote in news:D8WdnfxlfIE_R1DdRVn-hg@gbronline.com thusly:

    > ATI instructions for installing MMC say that Windows Media Encoder 9.0
    > must be installed.
    >
    > Question: how can I determine what version of Windows Media Encoder is
    > installed on my computer?

    Look in Add/Remove for the Encoder entry.

    > TIA.

    TIA, is a bit over used these days. :)

    --

    Mark

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:16:52 -0000, Mark <Mark@nolocation!.com> wrote:

    >You wrote in news:D8WdnfxlfIE_R1DdRVn-hg@gbronline.com thusly:
    >
    >> ATI instructions for installing MMC say that Windows Media Encoder 9.0
    >> must be installed.
    >>
    >> Question: how can I determine what version of Windows Media Encoder is
    >> installed on my computer?
    >
    >Look in Add/Remove for the Encoder entry.

    Even easier, you should be able to launch it from Start > Programs,
    Spoon.

    >> TIA.
    >
    >TIA, is a bit over used these days. :)

    So what's wrong with being polite, Mark? I wish more people were...
    :-)

    patrickp

    > >> ATI instructions for installing MMC say that Windows Media Encoder 9.0
    > >> must be installed.
    > >>
    > >> Question: how can I determine what version of Windows Media Encoder is
    > >> installed on my computer?
    > >
    > >Look in Add/Remove for the Encoder entry.
    >

    > Even easier, you should be able to launch it from Start > Programs,
    > Spoon.

    > patrickp

    I didn't find it in Add/Remove or in Start/Programs, so I must not have had
    Encoder installed at all. Strange, because MMC seemed to be working just
    fine without it. Now I've got Encoder installed - I hope there are no
    adverse effects! Thanks for the help.

    You wrote in news:o72sc0dc17u54ubh2k95lnoskglrlf3tpc@4ax.com thusly:

    > On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:16:52 -0000, Mark <Mark@nolocation!.com> wrote:
    >
    >>You wrote in news:D8WdnfxlfIE_R1DdRVn-hg@gbronline.com thusly:
    >>
    >>> ATI instructions for installing MMC say that Windows Media Encoder
    >>> 9.0 must be installed.
    >>>
    >>> Question: how can I determine what version of Windows Media Encoder
    >>> is installed on my computer?
    >>
    >>Look in Add/Remove for the Encoder entry.
    >

    > Even easier, you should be able to launch it from Start > Programs,
    > Spoon.

    Well, yeah. But I thought the OP couldn't find it, so looking in
    Add/Remove would show if it was installed, as well as which version.

    And is Windows Media Enocder really required?

    I have a feeling that its only installed because of some sort of
    agreement between ATI and Microsoft - so you have their horrid WMV
    format installed.

    >>> TIA.
    >>
    >>TIA, is a bit over used these days. :)
    >

    > So what's wrong with being polite, Mark?

    Nothing is wrong with being polite, Patrick. Consider this, would you
    thank in advance the bridge toll taker before you get there in your car
    or to the actual person handing you back your change? Should you yell
    TIA to them? Would you not get your change if you don't yell TIA out
    your car window a certain mileage from the bridge?

    There is a certain amount of pretension in thanking nobody that has
    helped you yet or maybe never will. It's an over used acronym that has
    become meaningless. And, if thanks was really meant, would be spelled
    out and used afterwards adding that special touch that you are actually
    thankful. :)

    > I wish more people were... :-)

    Same here.

    Thanks,

    --

    Mark

    You wrote in news:ar-dnXKq95Ox71PdRVn-vg@gbronline.com thusly:

    >> >Look in Add/Remove for the Encoder entry.
    >>

    >> Even easier, you should be able to launch it from Start > Programs,
    >> Spoon.
    >
    >> patrickp
    >
    > I didn't find it in Add/Remove or in Start/Programs, so I must not
    > have had Encoder installed at all. Strange, because MMC seemed to be
    > working just fine without it. Now I've got Encoder installed - I hope
    > there are no adverse effects! Thanks for the help.

    That's interesting that you didn't have Windows Media Encoder installed
    and everything worked fine.

    Personally, if I was to do the install over again, I probably would not
    install Windows Media Encoder just to see what happens. I will never use
    that horrid closed WMV format. That is, if, that's the only reason ATI
    says its necessary.

    I didn't install Hydravision, DVD Decoder, ATI Remote Wonder and Guide
    Plus. All of which I find unnecessary and just adds to the clutter.

    --

    Mark

Radeon Computer ATI Graphics