WEEEE! Compusa shipping first 150 0rders for x800XTPE

Just got my email that my card has actually shipped. Was told by phone the
warehouse had 150 in so the first 150 preorders going out now. My preorder
was placed on 5/9 and according to CUSA I was the 17th order so if you
preordered prior to or within a day or 2 of the 9th yours too may be going
out.

Just thought ppl might like to know

Just Jess

"Bratboy" <jmcguay@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote in message
> Just got my email that my card has actually shipped. Was told by phone
the
> warehouse had 150 in so the first 150 preorders going out now. My
preorder
> was placed on 5/9 and according to CUSA I was the 17th order so if you
> preordered prior to or within a day or 2 of the 9th yours too may be
going
> out.
>
> Just thought ppl might like to know
>
> Just Jess

I'm skipping this generation of video cards, but it's still good news
nonetheless. Enjoy and please post your impressions when you get the card
and have had a chance to use it for a bit.

I got an email says shipped also
weeehoooo
going in my media center 61" sammy Dpl

"NightSky 421" <nightsky421@reply-to-group.com> wrote in message
> "Bratboy" <jmcguay@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote in message
> > Just got my email that my card has actually shipped. Was told by phone
> the
> > warehouse had 150 in so the first 150 preorders going out now. My
> preorder
> > was placed on 5/9 and according to CUSA I was the 17th order so if you
> > preordered prior to or within a day or 2 of the 9th yours too may be
> going
> > out.
> >
> > Just thought ppl might like to know
> >
> > Just Jess
> >

> I'm skipping this generation of video cards, but it's still good news
> nonetheless. Enjoy and please post your impressions when you get the card
> and have had a chance to use it for a bit.

Was nice to have something good to post for once ?:^)

"FatDaddy" <KillinU@worm.com> wrote in message
>I got an email says shipped also
> weeehoooo
> going in my media center 61" sammy Dpl
>
> "NightSky 421" <nightsky421@reply-to-group.com> wrote in message
>> "Bratboy" <jmcguay@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote in message
>> > Just got my email that my card has actually shipped. Was told by phone
>> the
>> > warehouse had 150 in so the first 150 preorders going out now. My
>> preorder
>> > was placed on 5/9 and according to CUSA I was the 17th order so if you
>> > preordered prior to or within a day or 2 of the 9th yours too may be
>> going
>> > out.
>> >
>> > Just thought ppl might like to know
>> >
>> > Just Jess
>> >

>> I'm skipping this generation of video cards, but it's still good news
>> nonetheless. Enjoy and please post your impressions when you get the
>> card
>> and have had a chance to use it for a bit.

any idea what games my be included??

"Bratboy" <jmcguay@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote in message
> Just got my email that my card has actually shipped. Was told by phone the
> warehouse had 150 in so the first 150 preorders going out now. My preorder
> was placed on 5/9 and according to CUSA I was the 17th order so if you
> preordered prior to or within a day or 2 of the 9th yours too may be going
> out.
>
> Just thought ppl might like to know
>
> Just Jess

To be honest, based on the Pic's at HardOCP (www.hardocp.com about 1/2 way
down the pg its HardNews 10th edition for monday)doesnt look like it comes
with any. There was a disc with the Ruby's pic and the name of the Demo on
it and a $20 off coupon for some other ATI product. Looks like it does come
with several dongles including a composite one of some sort and a T-Shirt.
Sadly, from my understanding of things, ATI doesnt often package games. Was
hopeing myself that they would at least include the usless voucher ppl got
with 9800's hehe but no dice. My card arrives tomorrow and will post exactly
whats in the box then.

Cheers

Bratboy wrote:

> Just got my email that my card has actually shipped. Was told by phone the
> warehouse had 150 in so the first 150 preorders going out now. My preorder
> was placed on 5/9 and according to CUSA I was the 17th order so if you
> preordered prior to or within a day or 2 of the 9th yours too may be going
> out.
>
> Just thought ppl might like to know
>
> Just Jess

Unfortunately, CompUSA doesn't accept returns (unless defective, of
course). Best Buy and Circuit City do, so I don't shop at
CompUSA with their 'all sales final' policy. Not when the other guys
offer a money back guaranty.

Jeff B

jeff b <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in message news:<RqHzc.96608$3x.9599@attbi_s54>...
> Bratboy wrote:
>
> > Just got my email that my card has actually shipped. Was told by phone the
> > warehouse had 150 in so the first 150 preorders going out now. My preorder
> > was placed on 5/9 and according to CUSA I was the 17th order so if you
> > preordered prior to or within a day or 2 of the 9th yours too may be going
> > out.
> >
> > Just thought ppl might like to know
> >
> > Just Jess
> >

> Unfortunately, CompUSA doesn't accept returns (unless defective, of
> course). Best Buy and Circuit City do, so I don't shop at
> CompUSA with their 'all sales final' policy. Not when the other guys
> offer a money back guaranty.
>
> Jeff B

What the hell are you talking about?
http://www.compusa.com/terms.asp#returns

"jeff b" <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in message

> Unfortunately, CompUSA doesn't accept returns (unless defective, of
> course). Best Buy and Circuit City do, so I don't shop at
> CompUSA with their 'all sales final' policy. Not when the other guys
> offer a money back guaranty.
>
> Jeff B

Hummm, never had a prob returning something with CUSA as long as it wasnt
opened or was opened but all there even. Don't know where you got the cant
return idea from but its not true. In fact went to their site and dbl
checked and this is what they say about returns so you can see for self you
were wrong.

Just Jess
In-Store Return Policy
For items purchased in a CompUSA retail store (excluding Hawaii area CompUSA
retail stores #793 and #795)
Items purchased from CompUSA and returned within 14 days from the date of
purchase with the original receipt or invoice are eligible for refund or
exchange. No refunds or exchanges are allowed after 14 days from the date of
purchase. Items must be in new condition, including the original box,
packaging, manual and accessories.

An open box fee equal to 15% of the purchase price will be charged on any
opened item, unless the item is defective and exchanged for the exact same
item (fee not applicable in Hawaii). The 15% open box fee will be assessed
at the time of refund or exchange.

Opened software, DVD movies, pre-recorded videos, game cartridges, and
consumables such as ink or cleaning cartridges and paper may ONLY be
exchanged for the exact same item and may NOT be returned for refund. These
items can be exchanged in-store only.

CompUSA will not accept the return or exchange of any item if the UPC code
has been removed from the packaging.

Refunds on cash or check purchases in excess of $250.00 will be issued by
check from CompUSA's corporate office within 10 business days of the return
date. Refunds on purchases made with a credit card will only be credited to
the same card (credit card must be presented at time of return). Refunds on
purchases made with a CompGift® Card or gift certificate will be issued back
in the form of a merchandise return card.

Online Return Policy
For items purchased from CompUSA.com
Purchases can be returned for refund within 14 days from date of receipt.
Most items purchased online can be returned to CompUSA retail locations.
Please review your packing slip to determine return procedures for your
purchase. If your packing slip is missing or is not clear on how to return,
please call 1-800-653-3831 for clarification before attempting to return to
a store. Refunds or credits do not include original shipping and handling
charges. Some items must be returned by mail, using the Mail-In (RMA) Return
Policy listed below. All items must be accompanied by a copy of the original
receipt and must be in the original, undamaged packaging. No refunds or
exchanges are allowed after 14 days.

An open box fee equal to 15% of the purchase price will be charged on any
opened item, unless the item is defective and exchanged for the exact same
item (fee not applicable in Hawaii). The 15% open box fee will be assessed
at the time of refund or exchange.

Opened software, DVD movies, pre-recorded videos, game cartridges, and
consumables such as ink or cleaning cartridges and paper may ONLY be
exchanged for the exact same item and may NOT be returned for refund. These
items can be exchanged in-store only.

Shipping fees will not be refunded if shipment is refused at time of
delivery.

CompUSA will not accept the return of any item if the UPC code has been
removed from the packaging.

Refunds on purchases made with a credit card will be posted to the original
credit card used at the time of sale.

> What the hell are you talking about?

CompUSA will take retrns, they just don't give you all your money back.

> CompUSA will take retrns, they just don't give you all your money back.
>
> Jeff B

You get all back if its either unopened or defective. If opened but NOT
defective they want 15% Open Box fee which is actually quite common with
companies these days but often it can be waived anyway if ask and depending
on why returning it.

Either way your origonal post was totally incorrect that CUSA wont allow
returns at all as you implyed.

BP

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:20:49 -0600, "Bratboy"
<jmcguay@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote:

>An open box fee equal to 15% of the purchase price will be charged on any
>opened item, unless the item is defective and exchanged for the exact same
>item (fee not applicable in Hawaii). The 15% open box fee will be assessed
>at the time of refund or exchange.

This is enough to make me not shop there.

but if you check almost all retailers, including BB & CC also have the same
15% restock fee. Its not like this is something new or only one store doing
it it has been pretty much a common standard now for some time in retail

Bratboy wrote:

> "jeff b" <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in message
>
>>CompUSA will take retrns, they just don't give you all your money back.
>>
>>Jeff B
>>

> You get all back if its either unopened or defective. If opened but NOT
> defective they want 15% Open Box fee

Of course my post assumed the buyer actually broke the shrink wrap.
If you buy the card and find it doesn't meet your needs,
has unacceptable quality, is inferior to other commonly available cards,
is incompatible with something in your system, etc., all things that
you find out AFTER you open it, you don't get all your money back.

> which is actually quite common with
> companies these days

Best Buy and Circuit City give you all of your money back, not just part
of it.

> Either way your origonal post was totally incorrect that CUSA wont allow
> returns at all as you implyed.

Since 'refund' is the same as 'return', my post was not totally
incorrect because they don't give you all your money back.

Jeff B

Jeff jeff jeff, never assume, it only makes an ass of u and me. Again you
are so far off base its laughable. So far your 3 for 3 on being wrong. Shall
we try for 4 times? Oh and if a product doesnt perform as implyed or is
incompatible then it falls into the no restock catagory and would qualify
for a full refund. What wouldnt is if say you did like some who orderd an
x800pro with the intent of returning it and getting the XT when it comes out
and in those cases I don't see why a store shouldnt charge open box fee. Is
the simple truth you don't like CUSA so you say this stuff without being
informed or are you just ignorant of the facts? In case its the later here
are
Best Buys & Curcuit City return policys from THEIR websites, just in case
you dont want to believe me:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12098&type=page&categoryId=cat10004&contentId=1043363607061&entryURLID=&entryURLType=
What is your return policy?

Our online return policy may vary slightly from store policies. Best Buy
stores will fully refund most items within 30 days of receipt.

14 days from the date merchandise was received, refunds are available on:
a.. Computers
b.. Monitors
c.. Printers
d.. Notebook Computers
e.. Camcorders
f.. Digital Cameras
g.. Radar Detectors
A 15% restocking fee will be charged on returns or exchanges of any opened
notebook computer, camcorder, digital camera or radar detector, unless
defective.

30 days from the date merchandise was received, refunds are available on the
remainder of our merchandise.

Exceptions
a.. Computer Software
b.. Video Games
c.. Prerecorded Videos
d.. DVD Software
e.. Music
In order to receive credit for these items, they must be unopened.

Circuit cities polocy
http://www.circuitcity.com/cs_contentdisplay.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&inleftcat=Help+%26+Services&incat=11015#11Returns

Policy for Online Purchases
If you’re not completely satisfied with a product, Circuit City will gladly
exchange or refund the purchase within 30 days of the sale date, except as
noted below.
Digital cameras, camcorders, desktop PCs, notebook PCs, monitors, printers,
scanners and radar detectors must be returned within 14 days of the sale
date, and (except where prohibited by law) are subject to a 15% restocking
fee if returned opened or in a non-factory sealed box.

There is no restocking fee for defective product returned in exchange for
the exact same product, or for product originally purchased as Open Box.

For any exchange or refund, we need the original receipt or a record of the
purchase in our system, and the product must be in its original condition,
including the box, UPC bar code, packaging, and all accessories.

Opened software, music, games, and movies may be exchanged for the same
title only.

Charges for installation and delivery services are nonrefundable after the
services have been performed.

begin 666 spacer.gif
K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( !`````/___R'Y! $```$`+ `````!``$```("3 $`.P``
`
end

"bp" <6ball@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:20:49 -0600, "Bratboy"
> <jmcguay@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote:
>
> >An open box fee equal to 15% of the purchase price will be charged on any
> >opened item, unless the item is defective and exchanged for the exact
same
> >item (fee not applicable in Hawaii). The 15% open box fee will be
assessed
> >at the time of refund or exchange.
>
> This is enough to make me not shop there.

I've returned plenty of stuff to Compusa, never been charged a dime.

Bratboy wrote:
> Jeff jeff jeff, never assume, it only makes an ass of u and me.
>Again you
> are so far off base its laughable.

How so?

> So far your 3 for 3 on being wrong.

If I'm wrong, then it's up to you to say what I'm wrong about.
Something you have repeatedly failed to do.

Oh and if a product doesnt perform as implyed or is
> incompatible then it falls into the no restock catagory and would qualify
> for a full refund.

Wrong again. Only DOAs fall into the no restock catagory.

> What wouldnt is if say you did like some who orderd an
> x800pro with the intent of returning it and getting the XT when it comes out
> and in those cases I don't see why a store shouldnt charge open box fee.

English isn't your native language, right?

Is
> the simple truth you don't like CUSA so you say this stuff

What "stuff"?

> without being
> informed or are you just ignorant of the facts?

No, but I see you are.

In case its the later here
> are
> Best Buys & Curcuit City return policys from THEIR websites, just in case
> you dont want to believe me:

All you've done by publishing their return policies is prove that
what I said was right all along. Nice going, genius.

Jeff B

Bratboy wrote:

> but if you check almost all retailers, including BB & CC also have the same
> 15% restock fee.

LOL!! And you falsely accuse me of being wrong!
BB abd CC have no restocking fee.

Fool.

Jeff B

> I've returned plenty of stuff to Compusa, never been charged a dime.

Their policy is to give only a partial refund.

Jeff B

How did I prove you right when BOTH stores list in their returns policy a
restock fee of 15% on open box. I posted the link and the text you firckkin
moron and BOTH say its charged. You said no restock fee isnt common and
named BB and CC as examples yet they both list in their policys that they do
charge one. You said CompUSA wont give you all your money back and yet they
have almost the exact same wording in their return policy as the 2 stores
you swore didnt charge restock fee's. So lets see:

a) you said CompUSA wont give all money back - posted return policy proves
you wrong ( plus Ive returned stuff to them so can personally say I got ALL
my money back. Thats why I said companies commonly have it but usually you
can get it waived depending on why.

b) you said CC never charge 15% restock - again proven wrong
CC said: subject to a 15% restocking fee if returned opened or in a
non-factory sealed box.

c) you said BB didnt charge on either - opps your wrong again
BB said: A 15% restocking fee will be charged on returns or exchanges

Thats 3 times, just like I said. I realize with my disability I may not type
as well as some but I can still count. Anyway who cares what you say all I
know is I'v got my x800XTPE that arrived yesterday, what have you got
besides missinformation?

Actually going back there is a 4th instance from earlier post you made

d) CompUSA doesn't accept returns - Wow imagine that you were wrong here
too!
CUSA said: Items purchased from CompUSA and returned within 14 days from the

> Bratboy wrote:
>> Jeff jeff jeff, never assume, it only makes an ass of u and me. Again you
>> are so far off base its laughable.
>
> How so?
>
>> So far your 3 for 3 on being wrong.
>
> If I'm wrong, then it's up to you to say what I'm wrong about.
> Something you have repeatedly failed to do.
>
> Oh and if a product doesnt perform as implyed or is
>> incompatible then it falls into the no restock catagory and would qualify
>> for a full refund.
>
> Wrong again. Only DOAs fall into the no restock catagory.
>
>> What wouldnt is if say you did like some who orderd an x800pro with the
>> intent of returning it and getting the XT when it comes out and in those
>> cases I don't see why a store shouldnt charge open box fee.
>
> English isn't your native language, right?
>
> Is
>> the simple truth you don't like CUSA so you say this stuff
>
> What "stuff"?
>
>> without being informed or are you just ignorant of the facts?
>
> No, but I see you are.
>
> In case its the later here
>> are
>> Best Buys & Curcuit City return policys from THEIR websites, just in case
>> you dont want to believe me:
>
> All you've done by publishing their return policies is prove that
> what I said was right all along. Nice going, genius.
>
> Jeff B

BP

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 02:05:17 GMT, "Kill Bill" <a@b.c> wrote:

>"bp" <6ball@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:20:49 -0600, "Bratboy"
>> <jmcguay@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote:
>>
>> >An open box fee equal to 15% of the purchase price will be charged on any
>> >opened item, unless the item is defective and exchanged for the exact
>same
>> >item (fee not applicable in Hawaii). The 15% open box fee will be
>assessed
>> >at the time of refund or exchange.
>>
>> This is enough to make me not shop there.
>
>I've returned plenty of stuff to Compusa, never been charged a dime.

Did you open the box ?

BP

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:19:53 -0600, "Bratboy"
<jmcguay@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote:

> Oh and if a product doesnt perform as implyed or is
>incompatible then it falls into the no restock catagory

Where does it say that in their policy ?

jeff b <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in message news:<D6_zc.59308$> > Either way your origonal post was totally incorrect that CUSA wont allow
> > returns at all as you implyed.
>
> Since 'refund' is the same as 'return', my post was not totally
> incorrect because they don't give you all your money back.
>
> Jeff B

That's some world you live in, you can expect a long difficult life.
Maybe you should be a politician when you quit popping zits. You know
a guy named Eep?

bp wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:19:53 -0600, "Bratboy"
> <jmcguay@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote:
>

>>Oh and if a product doesnt perform as implyed or is
>>incompatible then it falls into the no restock catagory
>

> Where does it say that in their policy ?

It doesn't. Bratboy is wrong, the restock is waived only
if the item is defective.

Jeff B

Bratboy wrote:

> How did I prove you right when BOTH stores list in their returns policy a
> restock fee of 15% on open box. I posted the link and the text you firckkin
> moron and BOTH say its charged. You said no restock fee isnt common and
> named BB and CC as examples yet they both list in their policys that they do
> charge one.

Wrong on all counts.
This is a quote from the BB website:

Best Buy
stores will fully refund most items within 30 days of receipt.

14 days from the date merchandise was received, refunds are available on:
a.. Computers
b.. Monitors
c.. Printers
d.. Notebook Computers
e.. Camcorders
f.. Digital Cameras
g.. Radar Detectors

Note the words "fully refund"

So yo're wrong about BB.

You're also wrong about CC, here's quote from their policy:
" If you’re not completely satisfied with a product, Circuit City will
gladly exchange or refund the purchase within 30 days of the sale date,
except as noted below.
Digital cameras, camcorders, desktop PCs, notebook PCs, monitors,
printers, scanners and radar detectors must be returned within 14 days
of the sale date, and (except where prohibited by law) are subject to a
15% restocking fee if returned opened or in a non-factory sealed box.

Notice that the 15% restock fee does not apply to add-in graphics cards.
So that's 2 for 2 where you are wrong. Make that 3 for 3 wrong cause
you said
CompUSA does not charge a restock fee for graphics cards.

Jeff B