Zalman Dual heat pipe and the x800?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 15, 2004 1:58:17 AM

Has anyone tried the new dual unit from Zalman?

http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=138&co...

I need to get a new video card soon but want to make sure it is as quiet as
possible. I realize I'll need to get the fan for this but I'm hoping it
will be queiter than the stock fan.
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 4:01:48 AM

I do hope that your retail therapy brings you speedy relief and restores you
to ambidexterity.
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 4:34:08 AM

Does the stock fan really bother you? I can't hear mine (9800Pro). The
X800's fan is larger and spins far more slowly.

"boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone tried the new dual unit from Zalman?
>
> http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=138&co...
>
> I need to get a new video card soon but want to make sure it is as quiet
as
> possible. I realize I'll need to get the fan for this but I'm hoping it
> will be queiter than the stock fan.

Related resources
June 15, 2004 5:58:11 PM

I've done my best to silence my PC so the loudest compoenent is the stock
fan on the video card.

> Does the stock fan really bother you? I can't hear mine (9800Pro). The
> X800's fan is larger and spins far more slowly.

> "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone tried the new dual unit from Zalman?
> >
> > http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=138&co...
> >
> > I need to get a new video card soon but want to make sure it is as quiet
> as
> > possible. I realize I'll need to get the fan for this but I'm hoping it
> > will be queiter than the stock fan.

Anonymous
June 16, 2004 12:50:14 AM

The word at Tom's Hardware is that the x800 runs cooler than the 9700 and
9800 series.

JK

"boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone tried the new dual unit from Zalman?
>
> http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=138&co...
>
> I need to get a new video card soon but want to make sure it is as quiet
as
> possible. I realize I'll need to get the fan for this but I'm hoping it
> will be queiter than the stock fan.

Anonymous
June 16, 2004 1:45:25 AM

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:58:17 GMT, "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Has anyone tried the new dual unit from Zalman?
>
>http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=138&co...
>
>I need to get a new video card soon but want to make sure it is as quiet as
>possible. I realize I'll need to get the fan for this but I'm hoping it
>will be queiter than the stock fan.

Hmm - videocard sandwich! The more bread you got...

patrickp

June 16, 2004 4:14:27 AM

Sweet - I missed that.

!