Zalman Dual heat pipe and the x800?

Has anyone tried the new dual unit from Zalman?

http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=138&code=013

I need to get a new video card soon but want to make sure it is as quiet as
possible. I realize I'll need to get the fan for this but I'm hoping it
will be queiter than the stock fan.
6 answers Last reply
More about zalman dual heat pipe x800

    I do hope that your retail therapy brings you speedy relief and restores you
    to ambidexterity.

    Does the stock fan really bother you? I can't hear mine (9800Pro). The
    X800's fan is larger and spins far more slowly.

    "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Has anyone tried the new dual unit from Zalman?
    >
    > http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=138&code=013
    >
    > I need to get a new video card soon but want to make sure it is as quiet
    as
    > possible. I realize I'll need to get the fan for this but I'm hoping it
    > will be queiter than the stock fan.

    I've done my best to silence my PC so the loudest compoenent is the stock
    fan on the video card.

    > Does the stock fan really bother you? I can't hear mine (9800Pro). The
    > X800's fan is larger and spins far more slowly.

    > "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Has anyone tried the new dual unit from Zalman?
    > >
    > > http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=138&code=013
    > >
    > > I need to get a new video card soon but want to make sure it is as quiet
    > as
    > > possible. I realize I'll need to get the fan for this but I'm hoping it
    > > will be queiter than the stock fan.

    The word at Tom's Hardware is that the x800 runs cooler than the 9700 and
    9800 series.

    JK

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:58:17 GMT, "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Has anyone tried the new dual unit from Zalman?
    >
    >http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=138&code=013
    >
    >I need to get a new video card soon but want to make sure it is as quiet as
    >possible. I realize I'll need to get the fan for this but I'm hoping it
    >will be queiter than the stock fan.

    Hmm - videocard sandwich! The more bread you got...

    patrickp

    Sweet - I missed that.
    "John Hall" <johnhall11@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > The word at Tom's Hardware is that the x800 runs cooler than the 9700 and
    > 9800 series.
    >
    > JK
    >
    > "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Has anyone tried the new dual unit from Zalman?
    > >
    > > http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=138&code=013
    > >
    > > I need to get a new video card soon but want to make sure it is as quiet
    > as
    > > possible. I realize I'll need to get the fan for this but I'm hoping it
    > > will be queiter than the stock fan.

Radeon Zalman Heat Fan Graphics