packardbell restore

Hi, I have a packardbell PC that I need to restore (the original hard
drive is toast) to a new hard drive. When I reboot using the recovery
diskette ... it tells me no information found and quits. I assume it
trying to find the orginal HD which is no longer there.

Does anyone know how I can restore my system to a new HD?

thanks
joe
4 answers Last reply
More about packardbell restore
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    you need to contact Packard Bell and get a set of Master CD.s unless you
    made a set before your hard drive packed in
    The original Master CDs were in a hidden partition on your old drive

    Phil

    "joe" <joetex2002@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have a packardbell PC that I need to restore (the original hard
    > drive is toast) to a new hard drive. When I reboot using the recovery
    > diskette ... it tells me no information found and quits. I assume it
    > trying to find the orginal HD which is no longer there.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can restore my system to a new HD?
    >
    > thanks
    > joe

  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    Phil is correct if it a Euro Pee On unit
    as the restore files are on a hidden partition
    Phil is also correct if it is an American unit
    press 1 for English and 2 for illegal aliens
    You must have a master Cd at this point

    Well you do not have to but most people like
    to install the Packard Bell " Garbage".

    I think that is a French Word
    So that must be Freedom Grabage

    Then there is a thing called using the Retail verison
    of Windows

    It works on any system
    It does not care
    Even works on Muslim computers minus the 72 Virgins
    given to Terrorists who kill innocent people in
    the name of Allah
    I had to throw that in

    Booting with a floppy with out a OS on a Cd is like
    wiping without the Charmin
    Mr Whipple would never do that

    Get yourself a copy of Windows
    Maybe you have a friend
    I had a few at various times

    Then there is a thing called money
    Unless the Packard bell Nec people give you a free CD
    You can go to your nearest computer store and
    buy one
    Chances are it is best to buy one

    I just want to mention Sony does the same thing with their newer units
    No Master CD
    Just a Hidden partition

    I think they save a little money from Mr Bill
    and of course this is the way they pass or piss it on
    to you

    By the way
    Is your system an American or Euro Unit
    If an American unit
    I may be able to find a CD
    Then again I may not
    Depends on the alignment of the Stars

    "Phil" <philrouse@ntlREMOVETHISworld.com> wrote in message
    > you need to contact Packard Bell and get a set of Master CD.s unless you
    > made a set before your hard drive packed in
    > The original Master CDs were in a hidden partition on your old drive
    >
    > Phil
    >
    > "joe" <joetex2002@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, I have a packardbell PC that I need to restore (the original hard
    > > drive is toast) to a new hard drive. When I reboot using the recovery
    > > diskette ... it tells me no information found and quits. I assume it
    > > trying to find the orginal HD which is no longer there.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know how I can restore my system to a new HD?
    > >
    > > thanks
    > > joe

  3. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    joe wrote:
    || Hi, I have a packardbell PC that I need to restore (the original hard
    || drive is toast) to a new hard drive. When I reboot using the
    || recovery diskette ... it tells me no information found and quits. I
    || assume it trying to find the orginal HD which is no longer there.

    || Does anyone know how I can restore my system to a new HD?

    Hello !

    You must tattoo your new hard drive ! no ?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    "Claudie" <claudie@aol.com> wrote in message
    > joe wrote:
    > || Hi, I have a packardbell PC that I need to restore (the original hard
    > || drive is toast) to a new hard drive. When I reboot using the
    > || recovery diskette ... it tells me no information found and quits. I
    > || assume it trying to find the orginal HD which is no longer there.
    >
    > || Does anyone know how I can restore my system to a new HD?
    >
    > Hello !
    >
    > You must tattoo your new hard drive ! no ?

    I just saw this post, so don't know if the problem was dealt with by anyone
    in the NG, but thought I'd reply anyway, just in case.
    First of all...'what do you mean by "hard drive is toast"?
    Presuming you ain't got it anymore, you will find that you either need to
    get a copy of a restore CD for your particular model of PC or start afresh
    and fdisk and format the new hard drive, then re-install a version of
    Windows, followed by the drivers for video, audio, modem etc., then all your
    required programs. It's not as daunting a task as it sounds at first and to
    be honest, everyone who owns a PC should learn to do this anyway....'and no
    time like the present. It's a learning cuve and you're on it.
    If you need any further advice, post back.
    HTH.
    Eos.

Packard Bell Computers