Security hole in file sharing (bug?)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I don't know if this has already been reported.

I have a Windows XP SP2 computer, fully up-to-date with patches, which
connects to the Internet through a dial-up connection.
In the network settings for the dial-up connection, I have disabled the
"client for Microsoft networks" and "file and print sharing" components, and
I've also disabled NetBIOS on the TCP/IP settings. With this configuration,
I was quite sure my shares wouldn't have been exposed to Internet users...
but I found, instead, that they are. Altough disabled, the file sharing
services are fully accessible, and I was able to connect to them and also
use them (by supplying my username/password).

What's happening here? Are not the connection-specific settings valid
anymore?

This seems to me quite a serious bug!

Massimo

P.S.
I know I can activate the built-in firewall, or stop the server service, or
fully remove the file sharing network component, and so on... but I want to
know why I'm settings things right and they're behaving wrong!

"Massimo" <barone@mclink.it> wrote in

> I don't know if this has already been reported.
>
> I have a Windows XP SP2 computer, fully up-to-date with patches, which
> connects to the Internet through a dial-up connection.
> In the network settings for the dial-up connection, I have disabled
> the "client for Microsoft networks" and "file and print sharing"
> components, and I've also disabled NetBIOS on the TCP/IP settings.
> With this configuration, I was quite sure my shares wouldn't have been
> exposed to Internet users... but I found, instead, that they are.
> Altough disabled, the file sharing services are fully accessible, and
> I was able to connect to them and also use them (by supplying my
> username/password).
>
> What's happening here? Are not the connection-specific settings valid
> anymore?
>
> This seems to me quite a serious bug!
>
> Massimo
>
> P.S.
> I know I can activate the built-in firewall, or stop the server
> service, or fully remove the file sharing network component, and so
> on... but I want to know why I'm settings things right and they're
> behaving wrong!

Massimo,

I'm sure there is no bug there. Did you post thru a proxy ? The posting
host header says: adsl203-153-023.mclink.it .AFAIK, dsl is not a dial-up
connection, but a network connection, either LAN or USB.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

What you report is now what I have experienced.
How is it that you performed your test?

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
"Massimo" <barone@mclink.it> wrote in message
> I don't know if this has already been reported.
>
> I have a Windows XP SP2 computer, fully up-to-date with patches, which
> connects to the Internet through a dial-up connection.
> In the network settings for the dial-up connection, I have disabled the
> "client for Microsoft networks" and "file and print sharing" components,
and
> I've also disabled NetBIOS on the TCP/IP settings. With this
configuration,
> I was quite sure my shares wouldn't have been exposed to Internet users...
> but I found, instead, that they are. Altough disabled, the file sharing
> services are fully accessible, and I was able to connect to them and also
> use them (by supplying my username/password).
>
> What's happening here? Are not the connection-specific settings valid
> anymore?
>
> This seems to me quite a serious bug!
>
> Massimo
>
> P.S.
> I know I can activate the built-in firewall, or stop the server service,
or
> fully remove the file sharing network component, and so on... but I want
> know why I'm settings things right and they're behaving wrong!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Now or not?? -- Steve

> What you report is now what I have experienced.
> How is it that you performed your test?
>
> --
> Roger Abell
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
> MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
> "Massimo" <barone@mclink.it> wrote in message
>> I don't know if this has already been reported.
>>
>> I have a Windows XP SP2 computer, fully up-to-date with patches, which
>> connects to the Internet through a dial-up connection.
>> In the network settings for the dial-up connection, I have disabled the
>> "client for Microsoft networks" and "file and print sharing" components,
> and
>> I've also disabled NetBIOS on the TCP/IP settings. With this
> configuration,
>> I was quite sure my shares wouldn't have been exposed to Internet
>> users...
>> but I found, instead, that they are. Altough disabled, the file sharing
>> services are fully accessible, and I was able to connect to them and also
>> use them (by supplying my username/password).
>>
>> What's happening here? Are not the connection-specific settings valid
>> anymore?
>>
>> This seems to me quite a serious bug!
>>
>> Massimo
>>
>> P.S.
>> I know I can activate the built-in firewall, or stop the server service,
> or
>> fully remove the file sharing network component, and so on... but I want
>> know why I'm settings things right and they're behaving wrong!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

not
When will someone make a free context sensitive and
aware spell/grammar checker for me !!

--
Roger
> Now or not?? -- Steve
>
> "Roger Abell" <mvpNOSpam@asu.edu> wrote in message
> > What you report is now what I have experienced.
> > How is it that you performed your test?
> >
> > --
> > Roger Abell
> > Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
> > MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
> > "Massimo" <barone@mclink.it> wrote in message
> >> I don't know if this has already been reported.
> >>
> >> I have a Windows XP SP2 computer, fully up-to-date with patches, which
> >> connects to the Internet through a dial-up connection.
> >> In the network settings for the dial-up connection, I have disabled the
> >> "client for Microsoft networks" and "file and print sharing"
components,
> > and
> >> I've also disabled NetBIOS on the TCP/IP settings. With this
> > configuration,
> >> I was quite sure my shares wouldn't have been exposed to Internet
> >> users...
> >> but I found, instead, that they are. Altough disabled, the file sharing
> >> services are fully accessible, and I was able to connect to them and
also
> >> use them (by supplying my username/password).
> >>
> >> What's happening here? Are not the connection-specific settings valid
> >> anymore?
> >>
> >> This seems to me quite a serious bug!
> >>
> >> Massimo
> >>
> >> P.S.
> >> I know I can activate the built-in firewall, or stop the server
service,
> > or
> >> fully remove the file sharing network component, and so on... but I
want
> >> know why I'm settings things right and they're behaving wrong!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

When you open network connections/advanced/advanced settings does it show
file and print sharing disabled [unchecked] for all adapters/protocols
shown?? Have you rebooted the computer since you disabled fps? --- Steve

"DanS" <t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t@a.d.e.l.p.h.i.a..n.e.t> ha scritto nel messaggio

> I'm sure there is no bug there. Did you post thru a proxy ?

No. I'm using no proxy.

> The posting
> host header says: adsl203-153-023.mclink.it .AFAIK, dsl is not a dial-up
> connection, but a network connection, either LAN or USB.

That's not true, either. My DSL connection acts like a dial-up one, meaning
I have to establish it through a DSL modem. Anyway, I did some tests, and it
acts the same if I connect through a 56K or ISDN line.

Massimo

"Roger Abell" <mvpNOSpam@asu.edu> ha scritto nel messaggio

> What you report is now what I have experienced.
> How is it that you performed your test?

I just established my connection, through a DSL or modem connection. I
disabled file/print sharing on the connection, but it seems to be running
anyway.

Massimo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I did mean to write it is _not_ what I have experienced.

So, with the connection established, and with the two unchecked
in the properties of the network connectoid for your DSL or
modem interface, how then did you test to see that the shares
were accessible? To test this you would have needed to use
another machine on the network to which the DSL or modem
connected (or internet as case may be).

So far I have always found that unchecking these, rebooting for
good measure, will leave no MS networking available on that
interface, whether it is ethernet, a demand driven connection,
Tcp/Ip over firewire, etc. . . .
--
Roger Abell
MCDBA, MCSE W2k3+W2k+Nt4

"Roger Abell [MVP]" <mvpNoSpam@asu.edu> ha scritto nel messaggio

>I did mean to write it is _not_ what I have experienced.

Ok, sorry.

> So, with the connection established, and with the two unchecked
> in the properties of the network connectoid for your DSL or
> modem interface, how then did you test to see that the shares
> were accessible? To test this you would have needed to use
> another machine on the network to which the DSL or modem
> connected (or internet as case may be).

That was exactly what I did. I connected with Remote Desktop to another
machine on the Internet and from that used Windows Explorer to connect to
\\my.public.ip.address\C$.
It asked for username and password and then worked flawlessly...

> So far I have always found that unchecking these, rebooting for
> good measure, will leave no MS networking available on that
> interface, whether it is ethernet, a demand driven connection,
> Tcp/Ip over firewire, etc. . . .

I was, too, quite sure about this.
But it seems not to be the case anymore...
Can you test this again on a XP SP2 machine (maybe the bug was introduced
with some patch)?

Massimo

"Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@nospam-comcast.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

> When you open network connections/advanced/advanced settings
> does it show file and print sharing disabled [unchecked] for all
> adapters/protocols shown??

Not for *every* adapter. I also have a LAN connection, which uses (of
course!) file and print sharing. On this computer, I also created some VPN
connection in order to access my office LAN, and I have file/print sharing
enabled on these, too.
But I disabled all Microsoft networking (including NetBIOS) on the Internet
connection.

> Have you rebooted the computer since you disabled fps?

I've had it always disabled on that connection; hey, it's the Internet one
:)
And I can remember quite clearly it wasn't working, some months ago... when
I was in need for it, of course :)
So I'm guessing it's a SP/patch-introduced problem.

Massimo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

What I would try is to disable it on every adapter to see if that makes a
difference. While connected you could also use the netstat -n command to
view which IP address is using FPS either via port 139 or 445 TCP. After
verifying the IP address, check your network adapters to find that IP
address [ipconfig /all may help here] and check to see if it shows FPS
enabled or not. To further verify results I would physically remove all
other network adapters, and the VPN, to leave just the single adapter for
the internet connection and try to connect again after verifying that file
and print sharing is disabled and after a reboot. If it still works,
uninstall file and print sharing to see what happens. --- Steve

"Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:Oe-dnT9qtfxRv2TcRVn-1Q@comcast.com...

> What I would try is to disable it on every adapter to see if that makes a
> difference.

It does (of course!), but I'm complaining here about the OS giving you the
option for disabling it on a single adapter basis, and then *just ignoring
it*.

> While connected you could also use the netstat -n command to view which IP
> address is using FPS either via port 139 or 445 TCP. After verifying the
> IP address, check your network adapters to find that IP address [ipconfig
> /all may help here] and check to see if it shows FPS enabled or not. To
> further verify results I would physically remove all other network
> adapters, and the VPN, to leave just the single adapter for the internet
> connection and try to connect again after verifying that file and print
> sharing is disabled and after a reboot. If it still works, uninstall file
> and print sharing to see what happens. --- Steve

I know lots of ways to prevent it from sharing everything to the outside
world... I just would like to know why it doesn't work anymore like it used
to (i.e., with different settings for each adapter).

This also seems to be quite related to this issue:

http://www.pcwelt.de/know-how/extras/103039/

Massimo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I am just trying to help you track down what is going on and verify that FPS
is disabled on the proper adapter. In my experience, it does work when
disabled on a particular adapter. --- Steve

> "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news:Oe-dnT9qtfxRv2TcRVn-1Q@comcast.com...
>
>> What I would try is to disable it on every adapter to see if that makes a
>> difference.
>
> It does (of course!), but I'm complaining here about the OS giving you the
> option for disabling it on a single adapter basis, and then *just ignoring
> it*.
>
>> While connected you could also use the netstat -n command to view which
>> IP address is using FPS either via port 139 or 445 TCP. After verifying
>> the IP address, check your network adapters to find that IP address
>> [ipconfig /all may help here] and check to see if it shows FPS enabled or
>> not. To further verify results I would physically remove all other
>> network adapters, and the VPN, to leave just the single adapter for the
>> internet connection and try to connect again after verifying that file
>> and print sharing is disabled and after a reboot. If it still works,
>> uninstall file and print sharing to see what happens. --- Steve
>
> I know lots of ways to prevent it from sharing everything to the outside
> world... I just would like to know why it doesn't work anymore like it
> used to (i.e., with different settings for each adapter).
>
> This also seems to be quite related to this issue:
>
> http://www.pcwelt.de/know-how/extras/103039/
>

> Massimo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I don't think it'll help you in this situation.

The fault lies in the English language, and the similarity between the words
"not" and "now", in their spelling and in their allowed placements.
Consider the two sentences:

I will now insult your parental lineage.
I will not insult your parental lineage.

Either is contextually correct, at least up until a subsequent line, wherein
it'd be clear as to whether I was, or was not, crafting a rude retort.

Clearly the English language needs to be changed. I'll suggest it for a
future service pack.

Alun.
~~~~
--
Software Design Engineer, Internet Information Server (FTP)

>I am just trying to help you track down what is going on and verify that
>FPS is disabled on the proper adapter. In my experience, it does work when
>disabled on a particular adapter.

Well, it definitely shouldn't!
And I remeber it actually used to *not* work on a specific adapter, when
disabled.

Massimo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Thanks Alun. I was hoping that adding that "and aware" to
emphasize that a purely context sensitive parse would be
insufficient would instill a sense of urgent need. However,
perhaps I should instead have provided a scoping delimiter
for the context, that the parse should not just consider context
in left-right order, as a simple "suggestion" for future service
pack is perhap of insufficient priority relative to the urgency
of need.

--
Roger Abell

"Alun Jones [MSFT]" <alunj@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I don't think it'll help you in this situation.
>
> The fault lies in the English language, and the similarity between the
words
> "not" and "now", in their spelling and in their allowed placements.
> Consider the two sentences:
>
> I will now insult your parental lineage.
> I will not insult your parental lineage.
>
> Either is contextually correct, at least up until a subsequent line,
wherein
> it'd be clear as to whether I was, or was not, crafting a rude retort.
>
> Clearly the English language needs to be changed. I'll suggest it for a
> future service pack.
>
> Alun.
> ~~~~
> --
> Software Design Engineer, Internet Information Server (FTP)
rights.

> "Roger Abell" <mvpNOSpam@asu.edu> wrote in message
> > not
> > When will someone make a free context sensitive and
> > aware spell/grammar checker for me !!
> >
> > --
> > Roger
> > "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@nospam-comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> Now or not?? -- Steve
> >>
> >> "Roger Abell" <mvpNOSpam@asu.edu> wrote in message

> > components,
> > also

> > service,
> > want

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Oh my. How embarassing (for MS).

It has taken me a while to find the time with the setup to
try this, but yes, I can reproduce what you are reporting.
I used my laptop (needed to wait until I could reboot it,
as I hibernate with long-lived projects for weeks at a time).

Anyway, modem dialup from laptop with both MS network
client and MS file and print unchecked on the DUN interface
connectoid. Then used TS to get remote window (from the
same laptop) on box elsewhere from which NetBIOS ports
would not be filtered between laptop and remote. Ping
check - yep, seeing laptop. Open IE back to IIS on laptop,
yep. Map drive \\<dun-ip-of-laptop>\hiddenshare$ and
bingo - it mapped.

Now, what I forgot to try is a three machine test.
That is, mapping to laptop from a machine to which there
is no RDP term services/remote desktop connection with
the laptop. Why? RDP will map drives within the RDP
session if configured. I just want to rule this out as an
interacting influence here. (I have to figure out where
I need to be for that test, including knowing that NetBIOS
ports will be available between all.)

As you stated in other post, I also know that this did
not behave this way before (but I do not believe I have
ever known for fact that this is so post SP2 of XP).

--
> "Roger Abell [MVP]" <mvpNoSpam@asu.edu> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
> >I did mean to write it is _not_ what I have experienced.
>
> Ok, sorry.
>
> > So, with the connection established, and with the two unchecked
> > in the properties of the network connectoid for your DSL or
> > modem interface, how then did you test to see that the shares
> > were accessible? To test this you would have needed to use
> > another machine on the network to which the DSL or modem
> > connected (or internet as case may be).
>
> That was exactly what I did. I connected with Remote Desktop to another
> machine on the Internet and from that used Windows Explorer to connect to
> \\my.public.ip.address\C$.
> It asked for username and password and then worked flawlessly...
>
> > So far I have always found that unchecking these, rebooting for
> > good measure, will leave no MS networking available on that
> > interface, whether it is ethernet, a demand driven connection,
> > Tcp/Ip over firewire, etc. . . .
>
> I was, too, quite sure about this.
> But it seems not to be the case anymore...
> Can you test this again on a XP SP2 machine (maybe the bug was introduced
> with some patch)?
>
> Massimo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Evidently sometimes we know more than we actually know.

I now see that I did mean now and not not :)

--
Roger

> It has taken me a while to find the time with the setup to
> try this, but yes, I can reproduce what you are reporting.
> I used my laptop (needed to wait until I could reboot it,
> as I hibernate with long-lived projects for weeks at a time).
>
> Anyway, modem dialup from laptop with both MS network
> client and MS file and print unchecked on the DUN interface
> connectoid. Then used TS to get remote window (from the
> same laptop) on box elsewhere from which NetBIOS ports
> would not be filtered between laptop and remote. Ping
> check - yep, seeing laptop. Open IE back to IIS on laptop,
> yep. Map drive \\<dun-ip-of-laptop>\hiddenshare$ and
> bingo - it mapped.

Ok, so it was not my fault :)
It seems to be quite a serious bug; how can I send a bug report to
Microsoft?

> Now, what I forgot to try is a three machine test.
> That is, mapping to laptop from a machine to which there
> is no RDP term services/remote desktop connection with
> the laptop. Why? RDP will map drives within the RDP
> session if configured. I just want to rule this out as an
> interacting influence here.

I don't think it matters: the RDP client uses NetBIOS to map drives, so if
it doesn't work due to being disabled on the server, RDP can't possibly use
it. Besides, you're establishing a RDP session with the machine from which
you connect to your shares, so RDP is mapping shares on the *remote*
machine, if any.
Anyway, you don't need three machines for this test: you only need two
computers with two modems and two phone lines.

> As you stated in other post, I also know that this did
> not behave this way before (but I do not believe I have
> ever known for fact that this is so post SP2 of XP).

Have you looked at this? It says this misbehaviour was introduced in SP1,
and worsened by SP2 which introduced a similar bug in the built-in firewall.

> "Roger Abell" <mvpNOSpam@asu.edu> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
> > Anyway, modem dialup from laptop with both MS network
> > client and MS file and print unchecked on the DUN interface
> > connectoid. Then used TS to get remote window (from the
> > same laptop) on box elsewhere from which NetBIOS ports
> > would not be filtered between laptop and remote. Ping
> > check - yep, seeing laptop. Open IE back to IIS on laptop,
> > yep. Map drive \\<dun-ip-of-laptop>\hiddenshare$ and
> > bingo - it mapped.
>
> Ok, so it was not my fault :)
> It seems to be quite a serious bug; how can I send a bug report to
> Microsoft?

So it would seem.
The public route for reporting is discussed at
https://s.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/alertus.aspx
I will be finding the route to test such that RDP availability
is ruled out, posting internally with MVPs for futher confirms
and experiments, and generally this will likely raise a ruckus in
visible (internally) ways if others see as you have demonstrated.

> > Now, what I forgot to try is a three machine test.
> > That is, mapping to laptop from a machine to which there
> > is no RDP term services/remote desktop connection with
> > the laptop. Why? RDP will map drives within the RDP
> > session if configured. I just want to rule this out as an
> > interacting influence here.
>
> I don't think it matters: the RDP client uses NetBIOS to map drives, so if
> it doesn't work due to being disabled on the server, RDP can't possibly
use
> it. Besides, you're establishing a RDP session with the machine from which
> you connect to your shares, so RDP is mapping shares on the *remote*
> machine, if any.

all the same, despite fact that I did use a map network drive, hence a
call to the old Net cmd dll, it is possible that it was intercepted and
instead tunneled inside RDP - possible is enough for me to want to
rule out possibility

> Anyway, you don't need three machines for this test: you only need two
> computers with two modems and two phone lines.

Or just two if one is on LAN beside a (non-digital) telephone
from which one can get a dialup to something that routes to
within that same LAN without and NetBT filtering (it is the
non-digital phone part that is my issue for this setup, hence
my mind had traveled to ways in three box design).

> > As you stated in other post, I also know that this did
> > not behave this way before (but I do not believe I have
> > ever known for fact that this is so post SP2 of XP).
>
> Have you looked at this? It says this misbehaviour was introduced in SP1,
> and worsened by SP2 which introduced a similar bug in the built-in
firewall.
> http://www.pcwelt.de/know-how/extras/103039/

The last part mentioned we were aware of early on and MS has
now released patch (the do not trust use of "Only local subnet"
exemption choice in the SP 2 firewall). Oddly, the patch was
only released as a critical (IIRC) update through Windows Update
but not as a security bulletin patch. Note that I was testing from
XP SP2 with this patch applied.

This article also states that the exposure exists even with the
XP firewall in use. This I found not true. In my test yesterday
I toggled the firewall on the laptop for the dial-up connection
and it was immediately effective in blocking access from the
RDP client with already existing mapped drive. Toggle firewall
back off and access resumed (note: this despite the fact that
there was a popup saying the change would not be effective
for the current dialup connection due to the in-use condition).

--
Roger

> So it would seem.
> The public route for reporting is discussed at
> https://s.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/alertus.aspx
> I will be finding the route to test such that RDP availability
> is ruled out, posting internally with MVPs for futher confirms
> and experiments, and generally this will likely raise a ruckus in
> visible (internally) ways if others see as you have demonstrated.

I'll have a look at this.

>> I don't think it matters: the RDP client uses NetBIOS to map drives, so
>> if
>> it doesn't work due to being disabled on the server, RDP can't possibly
> use
>> it. Besides, you're establishing a RDP session with the machine from
>> which
>> you connect to your shares, so RDP is mapping shares on the *remote*
>> machine, if any.
>
> all the same, despite fact that I did use a map network drive, hence a
> call to the old Net cmd dll, it is possible that it was intercepted and
> instead tunneled inside RDP - possible is enough for me to want to
> rule out possibility

Anyway, I *never* use the "map network drives" feature of RDP; so it's
definitely not involved here.

> This article also states that the exposure exists even with the
> XP firewall in use. This I found not true. In my test yesterday
> I toggled the firewall on the laptop for the dial-up connection
> and it was immediately effective in blocking access from the
> RDP client with already existing mapped drive. Toggle firewall
> back off and access resumed (note: this despite the fact that
> there was a popup saying the change would not be effective
> for the current dialup connection due to the in-use condition).

No, it states there's a bug in the firewall: if you enable exceptions for
the NetBIOS ports on the internal LAN interface (or any else), it enables
them for *every* connections. So you can't (again!) set options at the
adapter level, but only for the whole system.

Massimo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I read it as indicating two separate issues with the firewall.
And they do say
<quote>
Due to the bug carried over from SP1 as well as a new bug, the firewall
configuration with SP2 has a catastrophic effect.
</quote>
and then go on to describe the workaround to the now patched
"Local subnet only" exception erroneous handling.
I have the patch for that installed, and am not using any exemption
for network sharing in the firewall definitions, and I do find that
the firewall is effective in blocking the sharing.
So, as far as the article goes, I am not totally sure what they are
trying to indicate - that you can end up as safe as with XP SP1 -
but initially they say there was error back in SP1.

Anyway . . .
--
Roger
--

> Evidently sometimes we know more than we actually know.
>
> I now see that I did mean now and not not :)

Do you have any lottery number that keeps popping up in your toughts? ;-)

Massimo