More about ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall?

Olim

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2005

Has anyone bought and used ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall? Is it
worth buying? There are so many out there, don't know
which to use? Have got the Free ZoneAlarm Firewall, only
checks one way traffic, not both ways. Please advice?

"OLIM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone bought and used ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall? Is it
> worth buying? There are so many out there, don't know
> which to use? Have got the Free ZoneAlarm Firewall, only
> checks one way traffic, not both ways. Please advice?

The free version of ZoneAlarm does provide outbound protection. This snippet
is from the ZonAlarm site under the free versions features:

Program Control-Ensures that only applications you trust access the
Internet. Stops spyware and hackers from stealing personal data from your
PC.

Olim

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2005

Thanks for answer, but what extra benifit is there on
ZoneAlarm Pro version for blocking incoming traffic?

I've had ZA Pro for years. It has more than the free and is well worth the
cost. The details can be found on their web
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp

Frank