I have just installed an all-in-wonder card, connected to catv, I can get
the video just fine but have no sound.

What am I doing wrong? TIA LC

Windows XP pro, Blaster 5.1.

"L. C. Clower" <lcclower@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have just installed an all-in-wonder card, connected to catv, I can get
> the video just fine but have no sound.
>
> What am I doing wrong? TIA LC
>
> Windows XP pro, Blaster 5.1.

This may sound simple, but I've missed it before, so who knows... Make sure
your AIW is connected to your sound card's line-in and that the TV app knows
it's using the line-in. Without all that, you get no sound.

Cliffz0rz

"L. C. Clower" <lcclower@comcast.net> wrote in

> I have just installed an all-in-wonder card, connected to catv, I can get
> the video just fine but have no sound.
>
> What am I doing wrong? TIA LC
>
> Windows XP pro, Blaster 5.1.

did you connect to the line-in of your sound card?

Bax

And make sure your line-in is not muted (or at least the volume is turned
up) in your soundcard utilities.

"Good Man" <heyho@letsgo.com> wrote in message
> "L. C. Clower" <lcclower@comcast.net> wrote in
>
> > I have just installed an all-in-wonder card, connected to catv, I can
get
> > the video just fine but have no sound.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong? TIA LC
> >
> > Windows XP pro, Blaster 5.1.
>
> did you connect to the line-in of your sound card?

"L. C. Clower" <lcclower@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have just installed an all-in-wonder card, connected to catv, I can get
> the video just fine but have no sound.
>
> What am I doing wrong? TIA LC
>
> Windows XP pro, Blaster 5.1.

What connector on the sound card did you run the audio out of the AIW to?
When you ran the setup wizzard in MMC did you select that connection?
If you didn't hear anything check that connection for volume and that its
not muted in "Volume Controls"
I like to use the internal Auxillary and leave the external Line-In for
other uses.

In case your connecting from the cable box to the pc with video or S-video
you also need an audio cable.