Access Denied one one PC but not the other

I have two XP-Pro PCs on a Workgroup. My kids have limited accounts on both
with the same User Names on both. They don't have passwords. I set the Share
Permissions on the D drive on both PCs to Everyone/Full Control. For
Security I set Everyone and Users to Read.

The problem: They can access the D drive from PC 1 to PC 2, but when going
from PC 2 to PC 1 they get access denied. Best I can tell the Share/Security
settings are identical on both PCs. I can resolve this with a password, but
my kids are too young to type passwords (pretty good with the mouse though).
Any other ideas?

Thanks,
John
2 answers Last reply
More about access denied other

    Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/636.mspx

    For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
    --
    Best Regards,
    Matija Hrovat

    "John" <JJCronin@email.msn.com> wrote in message
    >I have two XP-Pro PCs on a Workgroup. My kids have limited accounts on both
    >with the same User Names on both. They don't have passwords. I set the
    >Share Permissions on the D drive on both PCs to Everyone/Full Control. For
    >Security I set Everyone and Users to Read.
    >
    > The problem: They can access the D drive from PC 1 to PC 2, but when going
    > from PC 2 to PC 1 they get access denied. Best I can tell the
    > Share/Security settings are identical on both PCs. I can resolve this with
    > a password, but my kids are too young to type passwords (pretty good with
    > the mouse though). Any other ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John

    Thanks. I changed the account setting on the one PC and it worked.

    Just curious, any ideas why the other PC had no trouble with accepting a
    blank password? The account setting for limiting blank passwords to console
    logon on that PC is still enabled.

    Thanks again,
    John

    "Matija Hrovat" <matija.hrovat@avtenta.si-spam> wrote in message
    > Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/636.mspx

    > For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
    > --
    > Best Regards,
    > Matija Hrovat
    >
    > "John" <JJCronin@email.msn.com> wrote in message
    >>I have two XP-Pro PCs on a Workgroup. My kids have limited accounts on
    >>both with the same User Names on both. They don't have passwords. I set
    >>the Share Permissions on the D drive on both PCs to Everyone/Full Control.
    >>For Security I set Everyone and Users to Read.
    >>
    >> The problem: They can access the D drive from PC 1 to PC 2, but when
    >> going from PC 2 to PC 1 they get access denied. Best I can tell the
    >> Share/Security settings are identical on both PCs. I can resolve this
    >> with a password, but my kids are too young to type passwords (pretty good
    >> with the mouse though). Any other ideas?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> John

PCS Security Windows XP