SLow with acceleration enabled

Echo

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2002

My card is very slow with acceleration enabled. Disabling it does improve
the 2D performance but what could be the cause ?

R9000 Pro

David

jad

Via chipset and the 4 in 1's are not updated, utter guess as you have
said nothing about your rig.

"Echo" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My card is very slow with acceleration enabled. Disabling it does
improve
> the 2D performance but what could be the cause ?
>
> R9000 Pro
>
> David

Your card is ATI's slowest most underpowered model. Sorry. You might want
to upgrade.

--
DaveW

"Echo" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My card is very slow with acceleration enabled. Disabling it does improve
> the 2D performance but what could be the cause ?
>
> R9000 Pro
>
> David

Man, the last time I saw a 3D-decelerator was in the S3 Virge days...

Download the "Hyperion" 4-in-1s if you have a motherboard with a VIA
chipset.

"Echo" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My card is very slow with acceleration enabled. Disabling it does improve
> the 2D performance but what could be the cause ?
>
> R9000 Pro
>
> David

Echo

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2002

While the card may not be the fastest it was useable until recently. I
should not need to upgrade because it was fine a few weeks ago. People who
do not play many games don't need a video cards that top of the heap. Even a
bottom of the line NVidia card should not behave like this.

DXDiag reports the vid card memory as NA which seems strange and may be a
symptom of the problem. All of the DirectX acceleration feature
enable/disable buttons are grey'd out.

Using a Asus NForceII board with 512M running XP

> Your card is ATI's slowest most underpowered model. Sorry. You might
want
> to upgrade.
>
> --
> DaveW
>

> "Echo" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > My card is very slow with acceleration enabled. Disabling it does
improve
> > the 2D performance but what could be the cause ?
> >
> > R9000 Pro
> >
> > David

If ur using nforce board go to nvidia site and download theses here
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.24
You need these to get your card to use agp acceleration which is not
functioning because the chip on your board needs the nforce drivers for it
to work. After that you will get marked improvement.

> Man, the last time I saw a 3D-decelerator was in the S3 Virge days...
>
> Download the "Hyperion" 4-in-1s if you have a motherboard with a VIA
> chipset.

> "Echo" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > My card is very slow with acceleration enabled. Disabling it does
improve
> > the 2D performance but what could be the cause ?
> >
> > R9000 Pro
> >
> > David

Latest posts