XP SP2 + Firewall

As group policy we have set the Firewall to be disabled, I assume this means
that it will allow any program to open any connection. But it is still
refusing connections using PC Anywhere and wouldn't work unless I added this
software to the Application Permissions List.

Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about firewall

    Alex Southern wrote:

    > As group policy we have set the Firewall to be disabled, I assume
    > this means that it will allow any program to open any connection.
    > But it is still refusing connections using PC Anywhere and wouldn't
    > work unless I added this software to the Application Permissions List.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    Hi

    To check the state of the firewall, open a command prompt (e.g.
    Start/Run --> cmd.exe) and then, in the command prompt, enter this
    (followed by the Enter key):

    netsh.exe firewall show state

    What profile name is listed?
    What is "Operational mode" listed as?