Windows XP Firewall

On my sister Windows XP Home SP2 PC the windows firewall keeps turning itself
off. Ever time she logs in windows security tells her it's turned off.

Anyone any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows firewall

    She's a muppet!!!! She now tells me she downloaded Zone alarm and are trying
    to run the two together. I expect that's what is causing the problem but will
    check.

    "Jet" wrote:

    > On my sister Windows XP Home SP2 PC the windows firewall keeps turning itself
    > off. Ever time she logs in windows security tells her it's turned off.
    >
    > Anyone any ideas?

    Zonealarm will turn off the SP2 firewall as there is little point in having
    two running.. tell her to let Zonealarm do its job..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Jet" <Jet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > She's a muppet!!!! She now tells me she downloaded Zone alarm and are
    > trying
    > to run the two together. I expect that's what is causing the problem but
    > will
    > check.
    >
    > "Jet" wrote:
    >
    >> On my sister Windows XP Home SP2 PC the windows firewall keeps turning
    >> itself
    >> off. Ever time she logs in windows security tells her it's turned off.
    >>
    >> Anyone any ideas?

Windows XP Security Windows Security Firewalls Microsoft