Carl

Hi, I cant access my documents folder beacuse windows xp crashed and have no
way to run windows. I put the drive in another xp computer and can see some
folders problem is that i had it protected and need to log on to view my
files. Is there a way to access my files if i log on as another user. Thanks

"Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Carl" wrote:

| Hi, I cant access my documents folder beacuse windows xp crashed and have no
| way to run windows. I put the drive in another xp computer and can see some
| folders problem is that i had it protected and need to log on to view my
| files. Is there a way to access my files if i log on as another user. Thanks

Gordon

Carl wrote:
> Hi, I cant access my documents folder beacuse windows xp crashed and have no
> way to run windows. I put the drive in another xp computer and can see some
> folders problem is that i had it protected and need to log on to view my
> files. Is there a way to access my files if i log on as another user. Thanks

Did you not try System restore or a repair install first?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and

Carl wrote:

> Hi, I cant access my documents folder beacuse windows xp crashed and have no
> way to run windows. I put the drive in another xp computer and can see some
> folders problem is that i had it protected and need to log on to view my
> files. Is there a way to access my files if i log on as another user. Thanks
Hi

See if taking ownership helps:

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: