Laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 32MB

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 19, 2004 7:07:48 AM

I'm considering a notebook with an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 with 32MB
on-chip memory (so not taking it from the 'normal' memory).

I'm wondering whether this vhip is a good choice, considering
- I'm not a gamer, movies/DVD will be the heaviest duty it will be up to.
However, I would like to have that perfect, without disturbance,
- I would like to connect it through an -video port to an WSXGA+ or WUXGA
TFT screen.

Thanx so much for any useful suggestions,

Sander
Amsterdam, NL
June 19, 2004 8:15:32 AM

"Sander" <sander_veenis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm considering a notebook with an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 with 32MB
> on-chip memory (so not taking it from the 'normal' memory).
>
> I'm wondering whether this vhip is a good choice, considering
> - I'm not a gamer, movies/DVD will be the heaviest duty it will be up to.
> However, I would like to have that perfect, without disturbance,
> - I would like to connect it through an -video port to an WSXGA+ or WUXGA
> TFT screen.

Not great for gaming, but more than fine for what you want. Should not have
any problems with it.
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 7:46:55 PM

"Sander" <sander_veenis@hotmail.com> wrote in <cb0448$hri$1
@reader11.wxs.nl>:

>I'm considering a notebook with an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 with 32MB
>on-chip memory (so not taking it from the 'normal' memory).
>
>I'm wondering whether this vhip is a good choice, considering
>- I'm not a gamer, movies/DVD will be the heaviest duty it will be up to.
>However, I would like to have that perfect, without disturbance,
>- I would like to connect it through an -video port to an WSXGA+ or WUXGA
>TFT screen.
>
>Thanx so much for any useful suggestions,
>
>Sander
>Amsterdam, NL

Mmm, good enough! and because it doesn't leeches of the memory it will allow
the notebook to stay fast enough!
!