secunda

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2005

I installed a new hard drive (250 G) and transfered all setting from old hard
drive to new one. While checking a few things out, I noticed that system
restore will not work. It prompts me to restart pc.... This does not work.
Also, I get other errors dealing with system restore when I try other ways to
access it.

I am using Windows XP which supports this larger hard drive.

Is there a way to reslove this problem without wiping drive & reistalling
Windows?

NB – All system restore points will be removed.

Right click [My Computer] [Properties] then click on System Restore tab.
Put a check in the box for Disable Restore on all drives.
Click apply, then Reboot your PC.
After the system reboots, navigate to the System Restore tab and turn it back on.
Click apply.
Once System Restore has been turned back on, the computer needs to be rebooted again
so that System Restore can create a new point (although a manual point can be
created, by navigating to [System Tools] [Restore...] and choose [Create a Restore
Point] and then providing a name for the new restore point).
If you decide not to do the 2nd reboot this will result in the next Point being
created 'within the next 24 hours'.

Check your System Restore to see if the new restore point has been created.