Cheap place in Canada to get 9800 pro or XT?

I have a few stores I use. I'll list them for ya

www.ncix.com - best imho
www.pccanada.com
www.canadacomputers.com
www.tigerdirect.ca

Futureshop has had the 9800 pro for 299 with free shipping a few
times. i was hoping it or the xt would come down more. I would rather
get an xt, but I don't know how much longer I can wait. The money is
burning a hole in my pocket!

I don't want to spend 500+ for a vid card...no thanks.

Tigerdirect has had it for 299 as well, but their shipping is
outrageous.

Add vibecomputers.com to the list. And that futureshop deal is good, btw.
Watch out for the new 128bit 9800pro, as on sale at ncix now. The original
(and futureshop) 9800pro has a 256 bit memory bus as opposed to the "new
128".

Mike

"Newf !!!" <usenet42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a few stores I use. I'll list them for ya
>
> www.ncix.com - best imho
> www.pccanada.com
> www.canadacomputers.com
> www.tigerdirect.ca
>
> Futureshop has had the 9800 pro for 299 with free shipping a few
> times. i was hoping it or the xt would come down more. I would rather
> get an xt, but I don't know how much longer I can wait. The money is
> burning a hole in my pocket!
>
> I don't want to spend 500+ for a vid card...no thanks.
>
> Tigerdirect has had it for 299 as well, but their shipping is
> outrageous.

I tend to use NCIX: good prices, reasonable shipping with Purolator or
Xpresspost, and best of all, it's out-of-province for me, so no 8% PST.

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 00:34:17 GMT, "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I tend to use NCIX: good prices, reasonable shipping with Purolator or
>Xpresspost, and best of all, it's out-of-province for me, so no 8% PST.

guess you haven't heard. The out of province thing is being screwed by
our wonderful commie government. I am in nfld. If I order from ncix
now, I still have to pay 15% taxes. Up until April, it was only 7%

Do you pay that stupid "harmonized sales tax"?

BTW, while I use NCIX for most of my other purchases, I actually bought my
9800 Pro through ATI's trade-up program. I sent in a salvaged Mach64 to get
my 80-buck rebate...

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 00:34:17 GMT, "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I tend to use NCIX: good prices, reasonable shipping with Purolator or
> >Xpresspost, and best of all, it's out-of-province for me, so no 8% PST.
>
> guess you haven't heard. The out of province thing is being screwed by
> our wonderful commie government. I am in nfld. If I order from ncix
> now, I still have to pay 15% taxes. Up until April, it was only 7%

>Add vibecomputers.com to the list. And that futureshop deal is good, btw.
>Watch out for the new 128bit 9800pro, as on sale at ncix now. The original
>(and futureshop) 9800pro has a 256 bit memory bus as opposed to the "new
>128".
>
>Mike

Yes, i have to pay the damn hst no matter where I buy from now thanks
to our stupid govenment. There is no advantage to buying from ncix
anymore.

Sure there is, better pricing than local shops, good selection, good
service...

> >Add vibecomputers.com to the list. And that futureshop deal is good,
btw.
> >Watch out for the new 128bit 9800pro, as on sale at ncix now. The
original
> >(and futureshop) 9800pro has a 256 bit memory bus as opposed to the "new
> >128".
> >
> >Mike
>

> Yes, i have to pay the damn hst no matter where I buy from now thanks
> to our stupid govenment. There is no advantage to buying from ncix
> anymore.

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 14:54:27 -0230, Newf !!! <usenet42@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Better prices here than NCIX.