Extend wireless range

Mike

Splendid

I just put our 1st wireless access point into our wired LAN, and it works
great inside of our building. However, I would like to try to extend the
range to some of our outlying warehouses. What are some solutions to extend
the range of a wireles network. Are there repeaters?

Mike

Mike,

You have a few options for doing this, you could just upgrade the antenna in
the AP, you could get a 2.4ghz Amplifier, or you COULD get an extender.
www.fab-corp.com has one of the best selection of antannas and amps.

Adam Arndt

"Mike" <nomail@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I just put our 1st wireless access point into our wired LAN, and it works
> great inside of our building. However, I would like to try to extend the
> range to some of our outlying warehouses. What are some solutions to
> extend
> the range of a wireles network. Are there repeaters?
>
> Mike

Mike

Splendid

Can you have more than one access point, and roam between them seamlessly if
they overlap?

"Adam Arndt" <a-adama@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Mike,
>
> You have a few options for doing this, you could just upgrade the antenna
in
> the AP, you could get a 2.4ghz Amplifier, or you COULD get an extender.
> www.fab-corp.com has one of the best selection of antannas and amps.
>
> Adam Arndt
>
> "Mike" <nomail@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >I just put our 1st wireless access point into our wired LAN, and it works
> > great inside of our building. However, I would like to try to extend
the
> > range to some of our outlying warehouses. What are some solutions to
> > extend
> > the range of a wireles network. Are there repeaters?
> >
> > Mike

Yes, this is dependant on the AP vendor supporting Roaming; normally
supported and you must have the same SSID and WEP setting configured on both
APs.

Adam Arndt

(Also, when using add-on antennas and 2.4 GHZ amps you must be careful to
not exceed FCC regulations.)(You cannot just go out and buy a 15db gain
Omnidirectional antenna and 2watt amp, and flood 2 square miles in 2.4ghz
radiation)
> Can you have more than one access point, and roam between them seamlessly
> if
> they overlap?
>
> "Adam Arndt" <a-adama@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Mike,
>>
>> You have a few options for doing this, you could just upgrade the antenna
> in
>> the AP, you could get a 2.4ghz Amplifier, or you COULD get an extender.
>> www.fab-corp.com has one of the best selection of antannas and amps.
>>
>> Adam Arndt
>>
>> "Mike" <nomail@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> >I just put our 1st wireless access point into our wired LAN, and it
>> >works
>> > great inside of our building. However, I would like to try to extend
> the
>> > range to some of our outlying warehouses. What are some solutions to
>> > extend
>> > the range of a wireles network. Are there repeaters?
>> >
>> > Mike

TRENDING THREADS