Spyware removal

I am still having difficulty removing malware from my computer. I currently
have Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta, Ad-aware, and Spybot S&D. I also have
Norton Internet Security 2005. There are some constant malware that cannot be
removed...it seems (i.e. Bargain Buddy) that are found in reg keys. I have
isolated the files in my c:/windows/temp folder, but I can't remove them. I
need some guidance in this matter. Thanks for any help.

null

ddog wrote:
> I am still having difficulty removing malware from my computer. I currently
> have Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta, Ad-aware, and Spybot S&D. I also have
> Norton Internet Security 2005. There are some constant malware that cannot be
> removed...it seems (i.e. Bargain Buddy) that are found in reg keys. I have
> isolated the files in my c:/windows/temp folder, but I can't remove them. I
> need some guidance in this matter. Thanks for any help.

If you boot to Safe Mode, you should be able to delete the files.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.

I forgot to mention that these files will not delete in safe mode. I have
already tried it.

"null" wrote:

> ddog wrote:
> > I am still having difficulty removing malware from my computer. I currently
> > have Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta, Ad-aware, and Spybot S&D. I also have
> > Norton Internet Security 2005. There are some constant malware that cannot be
> > removed...it seems (i.e. Bargain Buddy) that are found in reg keys. I have
> > isolated the files in my c:/windows/temp folder, but I can't remove them. I
> > need some guidance in this matter. Thanks for any help.
>
> If you boot to Safe Mode, you should be able to delete the files.
>
> --
> The reader should exercise normal caution and backup the Registry and
> data files regularly, and especially before making any changes to their
> PC, as well as performing regular virus and spyware scans. I am not
> liable for problems or mishaps that occur from the reader using advice
> posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
> of this message.

Bruce

"=?Utf-8?B?ZGRvZw==?=" <ddog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I am still having difficulty removing malware from my computer. I
> currently have Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta, Ad-aware, and Spybot S&D.
> I also have Norton Internet Security 2005. There are some constant
> malware that cannot be removed...it seems (i.e. Bargain Buddy) that
> are found in reg keys. I have isolated the files in my c:/windows/temp
> folder, but I can't remove them. I need some guidance in this matter.
> Thanks for any help.

This has worked for me in the past:

http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/BargainBuddy.html

Bruce

It is probable that you need to reboot and then run spybot which will give
you the option to remove them.

"ddog" <ddog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am still having difficulty removing malware from my computer. I currently
> have Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta, Ad-aware, and Spybot S&D. I also have
> Norton Internet Security 2005. There are some constant malware that cannot
> be
> removed...it seems (i.e. Bargain Buddy) that are found in reg keys. I have
> isolated the files in my c:/windows/temp folder, but I can't remove them.
> need some guidance in this matter. Thanks for any help.

Is there any way to manually remove the regkey associated with this
malware....and if so how do I find my RegKeys i.e. what folder? Thanks

> Is there any way to manually remove the regkey associated with this
> malware....and if so how do I find my RegKeys i.e. what folder? Thanks
>
> "Bruce" wrote:
>
>> "=?Utf-8?B?ZGRvZw==?=" <ddog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>
>> > I am still having difficulty removing malware from my computer. I
>> > currently have Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta, Ad-aware, and Spybot
>> > S&D. I also have Norton Internet Security 2005. There are some
>> > constant malware that cannot be removed...it seems (i.e. Bargain
>> > Buddy) that are found in reg keys. I have isolated the files in my
>> > c:/windows/temp folder, but I can't remove them. I need some
>> > guidance in this matter. Thanks for any help.
>>
>> This has worked for me in the past:
>>
>> http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/BargainBuddy.html
>>
>> Bruce

If you're not familiar with editing the registry, it may be best to get
a friend who is. (It is straightforward, like editing a word file, but
mistakes can affect the way your machine operates, or even cause it not
to operate.)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/Regedit.htm