IIsLockdown|AddsWebAnonUsersAcct|Can'tLoginAnyMore

Hi. I'm running Win XP Pro Sp2.
After running the iis lockdown tool, my administrator account got changed so
that this account is a member of the Web Anonymous Users.
After rebooting, when I try logging in, I'm immediately logged out.
Removing the Web Anonymous Users fixes things. Can someone explain what
might
be happening? I'm also using pivx's qwik-fix which does place some internet
explorer restrictions.
I'd also be interested in info documenting what the various computer and
internet zones mean relative to internet explorer and relative to the
operating system itself exclusive of the internet.

You might wish to check with the Gurus in one of the many IIS groups.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!

"Phil C." <charlestek@rcn.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I'm running Win XP Pro Sp2.
> After running the iis lockdown tool, my administrator account got changed
so
> that this account is a member of the Web Anonymous Users.
> After rebooting, when I try logging in, I'm immediately logged out.
> Removing the Web Anonymous Users fixes things. Can someone explain what
> might
> be happening? I'm also using pivx's qwik-fix which does place some
internet
> explorer restrictions.
> I'd also be interested in info documenting what the various computer and
> internet zones mean relative to internet explorer and relative to the
> operating system itself exclusive of the internet.

Thanks Admiral.
I've cross posted this to public.inetserver.iis.security.
However, this is a Os lockout problem when the admin becomes a member of
Web Anonymous Users, not really a iis problem, except that the lockout tool
sticks the web anonymous users group in my admin account.

Phil

"Admiral Q" <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NOSPAM)@(SPAMNOT)hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:ubohKiZBFHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...