Elevated Privilege Permission to Windows XP Client PC

January 28, 2005 8:37:01 PM

Hello,
I need to deploy a set of Windows XP/2000 PCs to various Desktop users. All
users are being authenticated through Active Directory to a Domain.

Is there any program I can write so that Desktop Users can temporarily
elevate their privileges while installing some custom/special softwares into
their respective PCs?

Usually all the core softwares will be deployed using Active Directory from
Remote.
This elevated privilege is required only for installing non-CORE softwares.

Thank you.
Regards
Pashan
January 29, 2005 8:39:58 PM

Pashan wrote:
> Hello,
> I need to deploy a set of Windows XP/2000 PCs to various Desktop users. All
> users are being authenticated through Active Directory to a Domain.
>
> Is there any program I can write so that Desktop Users can temporarily
> elevate their privileges while installing some custom/special softwares into
> their respective PCs?
>
> Usually all the core softwares will be deployed using Active Directory from
> Remote.
> This elevated privilege is required only for installing non-CORE softwares.
>
> Thank you.
> Regards
> Pashan

i am no expert, but since i see nobody else has replied, my best answer
is to use Run As when installing, and provide a Power User account name
and password (if you do not want them using the local Admin account).