Elevated Privilege Permission to Windows XP Client PC

Hello,
I need to deploy a set of Windows XP/2000 PCs to various Desktop users. All
users are being authenticated through Active Directory to a Domain.

Is there any program I can write so that Desktop Users can temporarily
elevate their privileges while installing some custom/special softwares into
their respective PCs?

Usually all the core softwares will be deployed using Active Directory from
Remote.
This elevated privilege is required only for installing non-CORE softwares.

Thank you.
Regards
Pashan
1 answer Last reply
More about elevated privilege permission windows client

    Pashan wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I need to deploy a set of Windows XP/2000 PCs to various Desktop users. All
    > users are being authenticated through Active Directory to a Domain.
    >
    > Is there any program I can write so that Desktop Users can temporarily
    > elevate their privileges while installing some custom/special softwares into
    > their respective PCs?
    >
    > Usually all the core softwares will be deployed using Active Directory from
    > Remote.
    > This elevated privilege is required only for installing non-CORE softwares.
    >
    > Thank you.
    > Regards
    > Pashan

    i am no expert, but since i see nobody else has replied, my best answer
    is to use Run As when installing, and provide a Power User account name
    and password (if you do not want them using the local Admin account).

Windows XP Active Directory