Spawn an air boat?

Last response: in Video Games
January 4, 2005 1:35:16 AM

Is there a command to spawn the airboat?
I've looked around for 30 minutes or so and can't find one.

TIA

marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

More about : spawn air boat

Anonymous
January 4, 2005 6:45:15 AM

<marXbig> wrote in message
> Is there a command to spawn the airboat?
> I've looked around for 30 minutes or so and can't find one.
>
> TIA
>
> marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
> Total Privacy via Encryption =----

impulse 83 is the airboat
impulse 82 is the jeep

Have fun!
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 6:46:14 AM

<marXbig> wrote in message
> Is there a command to spawn the airboat?
> I've looked around for 30 minutes or so and can't find one.

The air boat is given to you. You just have to find the right people. Look
for a drainage pipe, and follow it.
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 6:59:36 AM

"Firewalker" <firewalker2222@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> <marXbig> wrote in message
> > Is there a command to spawn the airboat?
> > I've looked around for 30 minutes or so and can't find one.
> >

> The air boat is given to you. You just have to find the right people.
Look
> for a drainage pipe, and follow it.

Uhgg. Did it ever occur to you that he might, I dunno, want to drive around
the cost in an airboat instead of the buggy for, I dunno, FUN?
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 10:01:26 AM

"GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> "Firewalker" <firewalker2222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> <marXbig> wrote in message
>> > Is there a command to spawn the airboat?
>> > I've looked around for 30 minutes or so and can't find one.
>> >

>> The air boat is given to you. You just have to find the right people.
> Look
>> for a drainage pipe, and follow it.
>>

> Uhgg. Did it ever occur to you that he might, I dunno, want to drive
> around the cost in an airboat instead of the buggy for, I dunno, FUN?

Did it occur to you to read his post?? He was looking for the airboat.
Since you can't "spawn" one, (to my knowledge), he was looking in the wrong
place. I offered a hint.

Nice post from you, though. Useless, but nice.

Keep up the good work.
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 11:02:21 AM

"GFree" wrote

> Uhgg. Did it ever occur to you that he might, I dunno, want to drive
> around
> the cost in an airboat instead of the buggy for, I dunno, FUN?

The warning is given in a fair manner
If you spawn the airboat instead of getting the "right" one you will have
problems later in water hazard

- Peter
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 1:32:00 PM

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 03:45:15 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

><marXbig> wrote in message
>> Is there a command to spawn the airboat?
>> I've looked around for 30 minutes or so and can't find one.

a command, I meant

>> TIA
>>
>> marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

>> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
>> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
>> Total Privacy via Encryption =----
>
>impulse 83 is the airboat
>impulse 82 is the jeep
>
>Have fun!

thx...I was gonna try and spawn one at the coast and drive out in the
ocean but it won't let me. Says it is too late, not in pre-cache.
Thought it would be fun to airboat up the coast instead of driving :)

Have you noticed that the ant-lions drown pretty quick in the water?
If you go too far out the fishies get you but if you walk along the
shore in neck deep water the fish don't appear and the ant-lions drown
when they try. Kinda different.
marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

January 4, 2005 1:37:01 PM

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 07:01:26 GMT, "Firewalker"
<firewalker2222@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> "Firewalker" <firewalker2222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> <marXbig> wrote in message
>>> >

>>> The air boat is given to you. You just have to find the right people.
>> Look
>>> for a drainage pipe, and follow it.
>>>

>> Uhgg. Did it ever occur to you that he might, I dunno, want to drive
>> around the cost in an airboat instead of the buggy for, I dunno, FUN?
>
>Did it occur to you to read his post?? He was looking for the airboat.
>Since you can't "spawn" one, (to my knowledge), he was looking in the wrong
>place. I offered a hint.
>
>Nice post from you, though. Useless, but nice.
>
>Keep up the good work.

Sorry, I meant I couldn't find the command...not the air-boat. Didn't
mean to start anything with my ambiguous post. thx for responding,
tho.
I've already finished the game and was playing back through
experimenting with different stuff. I was trying to drive one up the
coast instead of driving the buggy.
:)
marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

January 4, 2005 1:56:48 PM

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:32:00 -0500, marXbig wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 03:45:15 GMT, "McGrandpa"
><McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>><marXbig> wrote in message
>>> Is there a command to spawn the airboat?
>>> I've looked around for 30 minutes or so and can't find one.
>
>a command, I meant
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

>>impulse 83 is the airboat
>>impulse 82 is the jeep
>>
>>Have fun!
>>

>thx...I was gonna try and spawn one at the coast and drive out in the
>ocean but it won't let me. Says it is too late, not in pre-cache.

Does anyone know a way around this? Maybe start in water hazard and
then change maps to Coast? Kinda like the way you get the purple GG
for earlier maps? I would try this but my save games doesn't have any
water hazard saves in it for some reason, only goes back as far as
Black Mesa east, after the air-boat.

marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

January 4, 2005 4:45:29 PM

marXbig wrote:
> Is there a command to spawn the airboat?
> I've looked around for 30 minutes or so and can't find one.

Do you remember the room with the radio where the banter said "Give Dr
Freeman the airboat" ?
(this happens right at the end of Route Kanal/beginning of Water Hazard)

there's a shed connected by a wooden bridge nearby, the woman in the
shed will sort you out with an Airboat

if you've had to step into any toxic sludge, you've gone too far.

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
Anonymous

<marXbig> wrote

>>thx...I was gonna try and spawn one at the coast and drive out in the
>>ocean but it won't let me. Says it is too late, not in pre-cache.
>
> Does anyone know a way around this?

Use the map -mapname from the console
There is some references to the correct mapname floating around

Hmm maybe one can activate the precache?

- Peter
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 8:18:54 PM

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:18:53 +0100, "Peter Lykkegaard"
<polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:

><marXbig> wrote
>>>
>>>thx...I was gonna try and spawn one at the coast and drive out in the
>>>ocean but it won't let me. Says it is too late, not in pre-cache.
>>
>> Does anyone know a way around this?
>
>Use the map -mapname from the console
>There is some references to the correct mapname floating around
>
>Hmm maybe one can activate the precache?
>
>- Peter

HeHe...I figgered it out
Start a new game in water hazard.
Enable cheats.
Switch to map d2_coast_01.bsp.
Spawn airboat.
Drive on the water up the coast.

Don't go too far out...you die.
I had to jump across the bridge to go through the tunnel.
I made it all the way to the rebel hideout so far.
Prolly have to drive on the highway part of the way cause I couldn't
get around the jetty at the rebel hideout.
Need to get the rocket launcher anyways I guess.

What a great country!

marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

January 4, 2005 8:50:53 PM

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 17:04:09 -0500, marXbig wrote:

>On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:18:53 +0100, "Peter Lykkegaard"
><polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>><marXbig> wrote

>>> Does anyone know a way around this?
>>
>>Use the map -mapname from the console
>>There is some references to the correct mapname floating around
>>
>>Hmm maybe one can activate the precache?
>>
>>- Peter
>>

>HeHe...I figgered it out
>Start a new game in water hazard.
>Enable cheats.
>Switch to map d2_coast_01.bsp.
>Spawn airboat.
>Drive on the water up the coast.
>
>Don't go too far out...you die.
>I had to jump across the bridge to go through the tunnel.
>I made it all the way to the rebel hideout so far.
>Prolly have to drive on the highway part of the way cause I couldn't
>get around the jetty at the rebel hideout.
>Need to get the rocket launcher anyways I guess.
>
>What a great country!

Nuts...They won't open the gate unless I'm driving the buggy. So I
went back to the pier and got the buggy and drove all the way back to
the hideout and they opened the gate. Then I drove back to the pier
and got the boat again...when I got back the gate was closed :(  can't
seem to get the boat past the hideout. maybe I can spawn another on
the other side of the gate. something to try later. Gotta go eat with
the wifey now.
thx guys.
marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

January 4, 2005 9:55:34 PM

<marXbig> wrote in message
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 07:01:26 GMT, "Firewalker"

> Sorry, I meant I couldn't find the command...not the air-boat. Didn't mean
> to start anything with my ambiguous post. thx for
> responding, tho. I've already finished the game and was playing back
> through experimenting with different stuff. I was trying to drive > one
> up the coast instead of driving the buggy.

Well, I learned something as well. I had no idea you could spawn an
airboat, or anything else for that matter.

That numb-nut's response to my post just needed to be addressed.

I'll have to look in to the console aspects when I'm finished the game.
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 12:21:32 AM

Peter Lykkegaard skrev:

> Hmm maybe one can activate the precache?

What is the precache?

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

> Well, I learned something as well. I had no idea you could spawn an
> airboat, or anything else for that matter.
>
> That numb-nut's response to my post just needed to be addressed.
>
> I'll have to look in to the console aspects when I'm finished the game.

Numb-nut, eh? So I'm a numb-nut because I was CORRECT in assuming he wanted
to spawn an airboat for his own amusement/experimentation?

Keep digging.
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 2:30:40 AM

"GFree" wrote

> Numb-nut, eh? So I'm a numb-nut because I was CORRECT in assuming he
> wanted
> to spawn an airboat for his own amusement/experimentation?

Nahh just lucky ...

- Peter
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 3:24:37 AM

> "Firewalker" <firewalker2222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> 'Nuff said. Let's get back to the game.
>

> I'm still waiting for you to admit I was right. :)  <- BIG smiley face.

You're assumption may have been correct, but since you offered no assistance
to the original poster (i.e. spawn codes), your post held no purpose other
than to malign. I was unaware, at the time, that spawning items was
possible. I now know that it is. I don't know how to do it, but I know it
can be done.

Next time answer the question, if you are able. There are enough idiots in
the world. You don't need to add yourself to the pile.

Whew, all of this concern over a computer game. At least I get to practice
my typing skills.
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 3:29:12 AM

> "GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> > "Firewalker" <firewalker2222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> 'Nuff said. Let's get back to the game.
> >

> > I'm still waiting for you to admit I was right. :)  <- BIG smiley face.
>
> You're assumption may have been correct, but since you offered no
assistance
> to the original poster (i.e. spawn codes), your post held no purpose other
> than to malign. I was unaware, at the time, that spawning items was
> possible. I now know that it is. I don't know how to do it, but I know
it
> can be done.
>
> Next time answer the question, if you are able. There are enough idiots
in
> the world. You don't need to add yourself to the pile.
>

> Whew, all of this concern over a computer game. At least I get to
practice
> my typing skills.

Of for the love of GOD! Can't you pick up my sarcasm? Is it really that hard
to see sarcasm on the Internet? I put a smiley face there in case you didn't
realise. What do you want?
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 3:37:41 AM

> "Firewalker" <firewalker2222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> > "Firewalker" <firewalker2222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >

>> > I'm still waiting for you to admit I was right. :)  <- BIG smiley
>> > face.
>>
>> You're assumption may have been correct, but since you offered no
> assistance
>> to the original poster (i.e. spawn codes), your post held no purpose
>> other
>> than to malign. I was unaware, at the time, that spawning items was
>> possible. I now know that it is. I don't know how to do it, but I know
> it
>> can be done.
>>
>> Next time answer the question, if you are able. There are enough idiots
> in
>> the world. You don't need to add yourself to the pile.
>>

>> Whew, all of this concern over a computer game. At least I get to
> practice
>> my typing skills.
>>

> Of for the love of GOD! Can't you pick up my sarcasm? Is it really that
> hard
> to see sarcasm on the Internet? I put a smiley face there in case you
> didn't
> realise. What do you want?

You missed my attempt to give you the benefit of the doubt. Read what I
wrote again.

And "big smiley face" is :-)) or :-)))
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 6:04:57 AM

<marXbig> wrote

> Don't go too far out...you die.
> I had to jump across the bridge to go through the tunnel.
> I made it all the way to the rebel hideout so far.
> Prolly have to drive on the highway part of the way cause I couldn't
> get around the jetty at the rebel hideout.
> Need to get the rocket launcher anyways I guess.
>
> What a great country!
>

> marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

Don't forget to boost GG strength and throw the chopper around once it
crashes , great fun !
Makes a good weapon too.

Limnophile
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 7:16:41 AM

"Firewalker" <firewalker2222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> <marXbig> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 07:01:26 GMT, "Firewalker"
>
>> Sorry, I meant I couldn't find the command...not the air-boat.
>> Didn't mean to start anything with my ambiguous post. thx for
>> responding, tho. I've already finished the game and was playing back
>> through experimenting with different stuff. I was trying to drive >
>> one up the coast instead of driving the buggy.
>
> Well, I learned something as well. I had no idea you could spawn an
> airboat, or anything else for that matter.
>
> That numb-nut's response to my post just needed to be addressed.
>
> I'll have to look in to the console aspects when I'm finished the
> game.

Yes indeed! Oh, and whatever you do, do NOT run 'Garys_mod' until
*after* you complete the game at least one time fully! :)
McG.
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 7:19:25 AM

"GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> "Firewalker" <firewalker2222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>> "Firewalker" <firewalker2222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> I'm still waiting for you to admit I was right. :)  <- BIG smiley
>>> face.
>>
>> You're assumption may have been correct, but since you offered no
>> assistance to the original poster (i.e. spawn codes), your post held
>> no purpose other than to malign. I was unaware, at the time, that
>> spawning items was possible. I now know that it is. I don't know
>> how to do it, but I know it can be done.
>>
>> Next time answer the question, if you are able. There are enough
>> idiots in the world. You don't need to add yourself to the pile.
>>

>> Whew, all of this concern over a computer game. At least I get to
>> practice my typing skills.
>>

> Of for the love of GOD! Can't you pick up my sarcasm? Is it really
> that hard to see sarcasm on the Internet? I put a smiley face there
> in case you didn't realise. What do you want?

He's a Brit. They *DO* sarcasm :)  Quite well too, actually :)
McG.
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 7:22:38 AM

<marXbig> wrote in message
news:p 9dlt0ts12bvegn6h5sl6hs8djdbc3u1c3@4ax.com
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 03:45:15 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> <marXbig> wrote in message
>>> Is there a command to spawn the airboat?
>>> I've looked around for 30 minutes or so and can't find one.
>
> a command, I meant
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

>>> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
>>> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
>>> Total Privacy via Encryption =----
>>
>> impulse 83 is the airboat
>> impulse 82 is the jeep
>>
>> Have fun!
>>

> thx...I was gonna try and spawn one at the coast and drive out in the
> ocean but it won't let me. Says it is too late, not in pre-cache.
> Thought it would be fun to airboat up the coast instead of driving :)
>
> Have you noticed that the ant-lions drown pretty quick in the water?
> If you go too far out the fishies get you but if you walk along the
> shore in neck deep water the fish don't appear and the ant-lions drown
> when they try. Kinda different.
> marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
> Total Privacy via Encryption =----

Yeah, but those are leeches, per HL1 anywhere in the water :)  Only
there are MORE of the damned things. I got in the water with some and
about a thousand of em rushed me. Never saw the icthyosaur! I miss the
thing. Brutal but fun.
I haven't tried spawning the big items yet. OH, find and try out
'Garys_mod', it works and it's...er...interesting.
McG.
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 4:36:22 PM

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 04:22:38 GMT, "McGrandpa"

>Yeah, but those are leeches, per HL1 anywhere in the water :)  Only
>there are MORE of the damned things. I got in the water with some and
>about a thousand of em rushed me. Never saw the icthyosaur! I miss the
>thing. Brutal but fun.
>I haven't tried spawning the big items yet. OH, find and try out
>'Garys_mod', it works and it's...er...interesting.
>McG.

Yeah, I dl'ed Gary's night before last but have not tried it yet. I
got engrossed in trying to drive the boat as far as I could. I have
made it all the way to the bridge so far. :)

marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

January 5, 2005 4:37:45 PM

Where is this mod available?

Tarvos{k}
Proud Owner/Master of kaiala{T}
slave registration #359129

Owner of:

Co-Owner of:

My blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/tarvosk/

Email- tarvos@realmoftarvos.org

ICQ- 14758940
Yahoo- tarvosk
IRC- on the Bondage servers
#Realm-Of-Tarvos - Tarvos{k}

--
.... A true diplomat struts sitting down.
Anonymous

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:37:45 -0500, "Tarvos{k}" <tarvos@chartermi.net>
wrote:

>Where is this mod available?

http://www.garry.tv/garrysmod/

marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

January 5, 2005 5:44:58 PM

> Yeah, but those are leeches, per HL1 anywhere in the water :)  Only there
> are MORE of the damned things. I got in the water with some and about a
> thousand of em rushed me. Never saw the icthyosaur! I miss the thing.
> Brutal but fun.
> I haven't tried spawning the big items yet. OH, find and try out
> 'Garys_mod', it works and it's...er...interesting.

What's that ?
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 5:44:59 PM

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:44:58 GMT, "Rotwang"
<rot(ne)wang2000@yahoo(spem).com> wrote:

>> Yeah, but those are leeches, per HL1 anywhere in the water :)  Only there
>> are MORE of the damned things. I got in the water with some and about a
>> thousand of em rushed me. Never saw the icthyosaur! I miss the thing.
>> Brutal but fun.
>> I haven't tried spawning the big items yet. OH, find and try out
>> 'Garys_mod', it works and it's...er...interesting.
>
>What's that ?

http://www.garry.tv/garrysmod/

marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

January 5, 2005 10:01:26 PM

Tarvos{k} wrote:
> Where is this mod available?

http://www.garry.tv/garrysmod/

Shaun

--
"valve = worshiping satan (this one is only speculation but probably true)"

Difool in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 3:18:58 AM

> Tarvos{k} wrote:
>> Where is this mod available?
>>

> http://www.garry.tv/garrysmod/
>
> Shaun

Thank you very much for locating that little lost treasure ;)
McG.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 3:28:27 AM

McGrandpa wrote:
> "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
>
>>Tarvos{k} wrote:
>>
>>>Where is this mod available?
>>>

>>http://www.garry.tv/garrysmod/
>>
>>Shaun
>

> Thank you very much for locating that little lost treasure ;)
> McG.

I've just installed it... now to go and have some fun with it.
!