Insufficient memory to convert to NTFS

Hello,

I have a 1GHz processor 378 Meg of RAM and an 80 Gig HDD running Win XP
Pro. I'm trying to convert my hdd from FAT32 to NTFS using the convert
utility. I start the conversion, it goes so far and then I get an
Insufficient memory error and something about a file that begins HOT.
It flashes so quickly on the screen it's hard to write down.

I have 38 Gig available on the drive. I saw something on the web that
would make me think that I need to look at my Vcache settings. I have
576 Meg set as the Total paging file size for all drives.

-Eric

Eric,

I would recommend perhaps booting from an XP Pro cd and use the recovery
console to do

chkdsk /r
fixmbr
fixboot

Then reboot and see if your conversion works, if not see if the conversion
tool will run in safe mode.

-L