Windows Xp Home Hangs during Start

Windows appears to crash just before the welcome screen comes on and stays
with a black screen with the mouse pointer showing. Ive Tried Safe mode same
problem. I done a system restore and same problem. I tried putting the drive
in another computer, im able to see my windows files and access them. but it
wont boot alone in my computer. I do have some error codes from the hard
drive read errors and verify errors 00F0:0244 uncorrectable data error or
media is write protected. Im trying to salvage the drive or atleast map out
the bad sectors. Please advise. Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about windows home hangs start

    Carl wrote:

    > Windows Xp Home Hangs during Start
    > Windows appears to crash just before the welcome screen comes on and
    > stays with a black screen with the mouse pointer showing. Ive Tried
    > Safe mode same problem. I done a system restore and same problem. I
    > tried putting the drive in another computer, im able to see my windows
    > files and access them. but it wont boot alone in my computer. I do
    > have some error codes from the hard drive read errors and verify
    > errors 00F0:0244 uncorrectable data error or media is write protected.
    > Im trying to salvage the drive or atleast map out the bad sectors.
    > Please advise. Thanks

    Asked and answered in the other group. Please do not multipost.
    Crosspost if you must and set a followup.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    --
    rosed

    I am a new user. Where do I find the crosspost to Carl's question?

    --
    rosed

    Hi,

    Here it looks like:

    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers/browse_frm/thread/94fb81abb68e8c19/bc81a711814bbc87#bc81a711814bbc87

    Regards,
    Torgeir

    rosed wrote:

    > I am a new user. Where do I find the crosspost to Carl's question?
    >

    > Malke wrote:
    >
    >>*Carl wrote:
    >>

    >>>Windows Xp Home Hangs during Start
    >>>Windows appears to crash just before the welcome screen comes on
    >>
    >>and
    >>
    >>>stays with a black screen with the mouse pointer showing. Ive
    >>
    >>Tried
    >>
    >>>Safe mode same problem. I done a system restore and same problem.

    >>>tried putting the drive in another computer, im able to see my
    >>
    >>windows
    >>
    >>>files and access them. but it wont boot alone in my computer. I do
    >>>have some error codes from the hard drive read errors and verify
    >>>errors 00F0:0244 uncorrectable data error or media is write
    >>
    >>protected.
    >>
    >>>Im trying to salvage the drive or atleast map out the bad sectors.
    >>>Please advise. Thanks
    >>
    >>Asked and answered in the other group. Please do not multipost.
    >>Crosspost if you must and set a followup.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Windows XP