Tags:
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
January 29, 2005 10:47:05 PM

Windows Xp Home Hangs during Start
Windows appears to crash just before the welcome screen comes on and stays
with a black screen with the mouse pointer showing. Ive Tried Safe mode same
problem. I done a system restore and same problem. I tried putting the drive
in another computer, im able to see my windows files and access them. but it
wont boot alone in my computer. I do have some error codes from the hard
drive read errors and verify errors 00F0:0244 uncorrectable data error or
media is write protected. Im trying to salvage the drive or atleast map out
the bad sectors. Please advise. Thanks

More about : windows home hangs start

January 29, 2005 10:47:06 PM

Carl wrote:

> Windows Xp Home Hangs during Start
> Windows appears to crash just before the welcome screen comes on and
> stays with a black screen with the mouse pointer showing. Ive Tried
> Safe mode same problem. I done a system restore and same problem. I
> tried putting the drive in another computer, im able to see my windows
> files and access them. but it wont boot alone in my computer. I do
> have some error codes from the hard drive read errors and verify
> errors 00F0:0244 uncorrectable data error or media is write protected.
> Im trying to salvage the drive or atleast map out the bad sectors.
> Please advise. Thanks

Asked and answered in the other group. Please do not multipost.
Crosspost if you must and set a followup.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

--
rosed
September 20, 2005 2:43:16 AM

I am a new user. Where do I find the crosspost to Carl's question?

--
rosed
September 20, 2005 4:49:03 PM

Hi,

Here it looks like:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows...

Regards,
Torgeir

rosed wrote:

> I am a new user. Where do I find the crosspost to Carl's question?
>

> Malke wrote:
>
>>*Carl wrote:
>>

>>>Windows Xp Home Hangs during Start
>>>Windows appears to crash just before the welcome screen comes on
>>
>>and
>>
>>>stays with a black screen with the mouse pointer showing. Ive
>>
>>Tried
>>
>>>Safe mode same problem. I done a system restore and same problem.

>>>tried putting the drive in another computer, im able to see my
>>
>>windows
>>
>>>files and access them. but it wont boot alone in my computer. I do
>>>have some error codes from the hard drive read errors and verify
>>>errors 00F0:0244 uncorrectable data error or media is write
>>
>>protected.
>>
>>>Im trying to salvage the drive or atleast map out the bad sectors.
>>>Please advise. Thanks
>>
>>Asked and answered in the other group. Please do not multipost.
>>Crosspost if you must and set a followup.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: